Trimpro Original vs. Trimpro Rotor?

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

globe_toker

hey fellow cannabis enthusiasts,

I'm interested in purchasing a trimmer later this year, preferably under 2k. These two trimmers look ideal for that price range. Quantity trimmed 'hypothetically' would be roughly 20#s in a few sessions (solo.)

So which trimmer would you recommend and why, Trimpro Original or Trimpro Rotor?

cheers

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
hey fellow cannabis enthusiasts,

I'm interested in purchasing a trimmer later this year, preferably under 2k. These two trimmers look ideal for that price range. Quantity trimmed 'hypothetically' would be roughly 20#s in a few sessions (solo.)

So which trimmer would you recommend and why, Trimpro Original or Trimpro Rotor?

cheers

A good estimate for a Trimpro Work Station (Original, on a stand, with the big grate and sides) and a helper is 1/2 lb an hour, like 40 hrs for a 20 pack.. This is the 2 stages, stage one is bucking, trimming w/ machine and laying long stems of trimmed bud on a rack, stage two is taking the buds off the stems w/ a final trim for remoisteining and curing... basically 2 people, in a week..... 8 hr days, smoking... not too intense, but gotta get her done attitude.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
My dream machine is an Automatik.... only like 4K.... I think the ROTOR is just a mini Automatik...

G

growgrow

well...your really talking about two different types of machines...... the original is just kind of a rough job in taking off water and fan leaves.... whereas the trimpro rotor will produce a finished product, it all depends what your goal is.... I have the rotor, and my process is just to individually cut every bud off when wet (with fan leaves and all)... and put directly into the rotor, then onto the screens.....

M

Max Powers

I do the same with my rotor, and it works great. btw, how clean you keep it has a direct relation to how well your nugs get trimmed..Don't let it gunk up too much

G

globe_toker

thanks for the input guys!

With the methods described above, how fast can the rotor trim?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I have the rotor and it takes me and my buddy do 5 lbs per day on it. It sounds slow but it is really not when you consider that all the buds will be off the stems when your done. Also you will need quick cure racks or something to dry on. Also I buck fans before I put in machine.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey guys could you post some trimmed finished product...

waayne

waayne

Here you go motherlode ;)

on the left Trim Pro Rotor nugs after touch up.
on the right hand trimmed

IMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3512.JPG
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3513.JPG
IMG_3514.JPG

The aroma on the machine trimmed nugs is less than
on the hand trimmed
the flavor of the machine trimmed is milder and inferior mostly due to all those wet leaves oozing at every cut
and then drying on screens....
potency seems about the same
the hand trimmed nugs are frostier in appearance

We never run the nice big nugs thru the machine
only smaller stuff
This is where they really shine, on the smaller nugs
Also some strains work better than others
Dense round Bubba Kush style nugs seem to work the best with the machine :pimp:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thank you broham - good info

nice comparison - but id hit any of them nugs

G

globe_toker

hey waayne, thanks for the input!! how fast were you able to process the buds? lb/hour?

below frigid

below frigid

I have a trim reaper, which is very similar to the rotor. Wayne hit the nail on the head. I have put 30 lbs through the reaper. It does a trim a lot of weed very fast, but you sacrifice bag appeal and smell. If you look at it under a lupe you can see how the machines knock most of the heads off the trichomes. It's great for popcorn but I am going back to a hand trim for everything else.

G

globe_toker

The main colas will be hand trimmed but everything else would be run through the rotor. Based on waaynes' bud shots, the machine trimmed bud doesn't look THAT bad. I can see there is a slight differential in bag appeal between the two trimming methods; for what it's worth, if it makes trimming go significantly faster then that's okay as long as potency stays the same. Hand trimming usually takes globe_toker 6-7 hours per # depending on the buds, totaling 1.25# a night on average (security issues prevent day-time trimming.)

If this machine can allow someone to process 3# to 4#s a night solo then it will be a good buy. Say...8 to 9 hour trim sessions solo, at roughly 2.25#/hour. Doable??

G

globe_toker

typo on the required trimming rate.. Can this machine trim 1 lb./2.25 hours solo??

Top Bottom