Twisting Leaves Overnight

• Thread starter Greentoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greentoes

G'day folks!
I came across this just now (pictures below)...plants looked super fine yesterday evening. This morning they are twisted and curled AF but look fine otherwise. The only other thing I can see are some dark brown/red spots that look like spraying residue.

Sprayed with Regalia 2 nights ago.
Got fed with a nute tea 4 days ago (but i doubt it was enough nitrogen to hint to over fert - 3 cups of seabird guano in 500 gallons).
Also got a tiny population of spider mites...but our predator mites took care of that pretty quick.
Now what really confuses me is, the plants outdoors look normal. They got the same treatment. Even the smallest clones in the nursery are perfectly fine.
Twisting leaves overnight
Twisting leaves overnight 2

Thanks in advance!

G

Greentoes

Edit: upon closer inspection the only thing left is the Regalia. While I was pretty careful on the dosage, the plants definitely curl most where they got hit most. Still confuses me why it showed these effects so delayed...and why the outdoor and nursery plants don't show no signs of this at all.
Now, should I try to wash them girls off with water or just wait it out?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Regalia didn't do that. I'd check what you feeding and PH. My guess would be the Nitro amount used in the tea

G

Greentoes

Regalia didn't do that. I'd check what you feeding and PH. My guess would be the Nitro amount used in the tea

Hey there, what makes me think it was the spray is just the pattern of where it appears on the plant. Leaves that were "protected" from the spray show no curling.
Soil ph is 6.7, water ph 6.5.
And as said earlier, the nute tea is not like bottled fertilizer - just not enough nitro in there (less than a gram of soluble guano per plant). But yeah, what confuses me is the delayed reaction...why didn't it show anything the day after spraying =/ why no curling on the outside plants?

Man, don't wanna discard other options, but it very much looks like spray burn and there was just nothing changed in the watering schedule...

G

Greentoes

I've used Regalia many times at an oz a gallon with zero ill effect
Yeah me, too...well maybe an oz in 2,5 gallons, but that's why I don't really get it.
These two pictures are the same plant. Topmost leaves and bottom leaves.

They got sprayed with grandevo the night before they got hit with Regalia but again not in a high concentration and they are supposed to be super compatible anyway.

Thanks for every input tho, appreciated =)
Just trying to understand what went wrong.
20180606 115739
20180606 115758

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Looking at this picture makes me think there's some kind of Root Zone issue going on. Also looks like your having some Thrip action too.

Reactions: Ina
G

Greentoes

The older leaves have some spider mites damage =( but that is under control by now. Will dig up some more dirt, look at the roots. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom