Twisting New Growth But Old Growth Healthy

• Thread starter Blackwolf17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blackwolf17

I have two plants one is really bad the new growth is atwisting a and curling but one mature looks healthy no problems the other one is lightly doing the problem but still there. We just went into flowering outdoors. I have one picture of another plant that is getting everything exactly the same but is perfectly healthy. Has anyone seen this before I've found nothing online and can anyone help. I have a decent amount of growing experience. Thank you

Twisting new growth but old growth healthy
Twisting new growth but old growth healthy 2
Twisting new growth but old growth healthy 3
Twisting new growth but old growth healthy 4
Twisting new growth but old growth healthy 5
Twisting new growth but old growth healthy 6
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
How hot has it been outside? They will probably be ok but I’ve seen these that as plants reveg, meaning reverting from flower to veg back to flower but twisting is usually a stress factor , usually when too hot but they seem to flatten back once leaves grow out a bit

B

Blackwolf17

How hot has it been outside? They will probably be ok but I’ve seen these that as plants reveg, meaning reverting from flower to veg back to flower but twisting is usually a stress factor , usually when too hot but they seem to flatten back once leaves grow out a bit
Ya I know exactly, it does kinda look like reveg but not quite, it's little different from reveg. They do look stressed but I don't think it's the heat highest 80 degrees but they outside they have a lot of wind and air circulation not to mention my other 4 plants look fine. Do you think Espom salt could cause this? It's kinda intuition on the epsom salt even tho logically I've used epsom salt for years never had this problem I've had good results with it and my other ; plants got the same amount and they are loving it. I've been growing for many years now and usually growing absurd amount of plants and I've never seen anything like this and looking it up online only thing I see from other people there plants look nute burnt so there curling and twisting. I really don't believe there nute burnt. I'm honestly stumped not to mention I've been flushing the hell out of them just in case it was something in the soil.

Last edited:
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Ya I know exactly, it does kinda look like reveg but not quite, it's little different from reveg. They do look stressed but I don't think it's the heat highest 80 degrees but they outside they have a lot of wind and air circulation not to mention my other 4 plants look fine. Do you think Espom salt could cause this? It's kinda intuition on the epsom salt even tho logically I've used epsom salt for years never had this problem I've had good results with it and my other ; plants got the same amount and they are loving it. I've been growing for many years now and usually growing absurd amount of plants and I've never seen anything like this and looking it up online only thing I see from other people there plants look nute burnt so there curling and twisting. I really don't believe there nute burnt. I'm honestly stumped not to mention I've been flushing the hell out of them just in case it was something in the soil.
Heck I’d flush it just to be safe bro. Who knows what’s coming. Better to be safe with tried methods . I’ve used cal mag or espsom salts for yrs and have never seen that issue. But who knows! Get her neutral via flush and then ease into it with normal nute regiment. If it’s just one or 2 plants out the bunch maybe something isolated. Be safe and flush bro. But I don’t see her going bad! Least I hope

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

That was a trial and error for me. I run a modified "supersoil" and all organic (OMRI) nutes. I add just shy of 1tsp of BioAg Ful-Humix per 5gal bucket mixed nutes. When i used the full teaspoon, I would get leaf curl and retardation.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
That was a trial and error for me. I run a modified "supersoil" and all organic (OMRI) nutes. I add just shy of 1tsp of BioAg Ful-Humix per 5gal bucket mixed nutes. When i used the full teaspoon, I would get leaf curl and retardation.
Ah ok, I add to soil as a amendment. But usually fulvic acid with Humic usually allready in my new soil, old soil I amend with seagrow amendments, as a dressings but I never use same soil more then 2 cycles. I do a 50/50 old to new and use it that way, cook it out for about 3-4 months

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

I add the extra Humic every time I water. It helps with the organic food web cycle to make more nutrients available to the girls and beneficial microbiology. The girls are at the point where they get 1gal per day; Sea Green, Humic Acid, Amino Acid, Silica, Carbon and high brix molasses.
I only resolved the leaf curl/retardation when i cut back on the humic.
They're also at the point where i can begin adding true bloom and paleo bloom to the feedings/waterings.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I add the extra Humic every time I water. It helps with the organic food web cycle to make more nutrients available to the girls and beneficial microbiology. The girls are at the point where they get 1gal per day; Sea Green, Humic Acid, Amino Acid, Silica, Carbon and high brix molasses.
I only resolved the leaf curl/retardation when i cut back on the humic.
They're also at the point where i can begin adding true bloom and paleo bloom to the feedings/waterings.
Great recipe !
What are the buds like with that regiment?

1stGHgrow

1stGHgrow

I'm just starting the True Bloom. The manufacturer says it contains naturally derived plant growth regulators (PGR's) from kelp. The PGR's will help facilitate the beginning of the bloom phase (and hopefully expedite the phase itself). My girls all started sexing a few days ago and a couple began to stack flowers. So I figured it's time for a nutrient regime change. I need to set the second level trellis tomorrow so I'll take and post some pics.

Top Bottom