UBC Chemo.....

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Motarebel

Motarebel

I have Federation's and Jordan of the Island's version of chemo,anyone grow these and have pics? I've ran Woodhorse's version a while back and it was excellent but finding seeds of this is proving to be very difficult.

B

British_Hempire

I grew an inbred version of fed's, they were very uniform, very stocky, woody stems, below average vigour, never got to flower em out but a friend has one of them in flowering now, I'll have to see how they get on with it and get back to you.

I talked to loads of people about the Chemo and they all said the same thing - very very potent but lacking in taste.

I was going to do Chemo x Herijuana but plans went awry, I was gonna call it Hero lol.

Barefrog

Barefrog

Hey Mota

I have grown the Federation
many time and push it to f3
actually f4. I would have to look
for pict.
The closest I came to WH chemo
is his LemonChemo I have 1 vegginng

I also came a cross a 12 yrs
old clone of ubc chemo, I
try the best I could with it
outdoor all summer but it died.

From the same provider of
this ubc chemo came an
OG Kush x UBC Chemo and
I was told that this cross was
as close as to the original
UBC Chemo.

AnyHooo I am in the process
of reversing that OG Chemo
and have mom ready for it.

Bare

B

biggs

anyone heard of North American seed company. they do a version of this. might be worth a look.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Are you guys talking about Kushyman,i think that was his name? I had some of his Chemo x Dalat but sent em off to someone.

Bare i have some of your Federation F3's,maybe cross those to your OGx Chemo clone a few times?

Barefrog

Barefrog

Hey Mota

Just above your head is the Man

I think you made a big mistake
when you give away that
Chemo X Dalat I heard that
this strain is really somethin.

Will have to ask the MAN
itself.
ps:about those f3/f4 I have never
seen any that were not identical
but some people latetly have found
different pheno in the f4 it is what
I was suspecting that eventually
the gen would come out and we could
see some of the original Chemo in the
mix.

Bare

B

British_Hempire

The Chemos I had were from barefrog, they were all the same pretty much.

With inbreeding you can get segregation occuring, this will be what happened with the Chemo I think.

Motarebel

Motarebel

Well Bare i have a good 30 + of those beans so something nice should pop up for me.Still waiting for those ones Greenman was sending,hope his health is doin good.

B

British_Hempire

Greenman has got the date for his surgery and has to travel 1200 miles alone for it so he needs all the good karma and best wishes we can send his way!

Bare also said his beans were more sativa, which I find strange as the ones I had were incredibly compact and stocky and indica looking in veg, looked as heavily indica leaning as the Petrolia Headstash I had going alongside them.

I'll see if I can get some pics of the one I gave to a friend to flower out, I'll be very surprised if it's stretched much or looks very sativa as it looked so indica.

T

thc4sim

Its still in my mates veg cab mate,
ill have to call around to his and grab some cuts..

Barefrog

Barefrog

Hey Gang

it goes like this:

I got the Federation Chemo from
Grim the same Grim that did the
famous strain list that we all see
here and there.
He did a reproduction of them and
give me some all labeled. As far as
I know he did the whole pack of it.

What I got was labeled #2 #4 etc
I only grew 3 different # out of 5-6
One was eliminated from the start
it got a little hermi but it could be
some light poisonning I did not want
to take any chance.
of the 2 # I grew I grew many to see
and get the best structure.
I did continue the selection started by
Grim and ran them till f4.
I never grew the f4 but was told by
a few that the indica pheno was coming
out of them, I never saw any indica
pheno while I was doing all the
selection.
I knew it was going to come out
eventually.
after many yrs of trying I now
decided that I should take a new
route for my quest, I am now going
with the OG-Chemo cause it is closer
to the Holy Grail of Chemo.

As Mention somewhere I am trying
to reverse both the OG-Chemo and
Cheese if successfull will have the
genetic corner enough so I can work
them for a few yrs to come.

hope it help some

Bare

C

cool rasta

Ok I've been growing federations chemo for a while now maybe 8 years or more, most pheno types were sativa and some were indica, I liked the indica ones most so I only kept one indica female and one indica male,when I crossed them the F1's were a mix of mostly sativas and some indicas once again, I would have figured they would be mostly indica go figure........ so what I am saying is look for the most indica out of the batch.....the sativas are really really nice but I feel the indica pheno is closer to the original cut

T

tngreen

got a bunch of bare's f3s myself i need to run. anyone have any pics of these? i saw one pic in barefrogs gallery but no close ups.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have some seeds of this I have been sitting on for a few years that were gifted to me when I was on PG. I wish I would have written stuff down. But this is how I remember them.

The bag the seeds were in was labeled (UBC Chemo x Lemon Chemo) x UBC. The cross was made by 3 people. One guy had UBC Chemo by Federation and his friend had Lemon Chemo by (Woodhorse) BC Chemo X Ontario Chemo. He had a male Lemon Indica pheno of Lemon Chemo and gave the guy some pollen or a male clone (don't remember). He crossed it with a super nice female Federation UBC Chemo and made seeds.

He then traded seeds with a guy I traded with who was always making crosses. He had a male UBC Chemo (Federation) and crossed it with a nice female from the UBC Chemo x Lemon Chemo seeds. Then he gave me 11 seeds from his (UBC Chemo x Lemon Chemo) x UBC. I didn't realize what I had when he first gave them to me. I was all about the elites and new crosses and too busy with Sour Bubble, Bubba Kush, Chemdog and such.

I was starting my outdoor this year and always start some crosses gifted to me and saw these seeds. Now I realize that at the very least this is a very interesting pack of seeds. I read a few strain guides including the one by Grim and some of them say Sour Diesel by Rezdog is mexican sativa x chemo. He used the sativa tamer.

Chemo needs to be brought back I think. I will find out when I grow them out. I germed 11 seeds and 9 of them have sprouted and are nice little seedlings. I might just do the grow right in this thread. Pics to follow.

UBC Chemo
Very strong with a hashy flavour, UBC Chemo was developed in the 1970's for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Exhibiting characteristics of being a polyploid, woody stock and odd shaped leaves give the UBC Chemo a bonsai-like appearance. Recognized amongst the medical community as the best strain available for chronic pain and nausea

University of British Columbia = UBC

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are the little babies just a few days old. I have high hopes for these.

DSCN0461
DSCN0462
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I pretty much have to for the good of mankind. I should be able to find a mix of males and females. Then hopefully I can send some in as freebies.

B

bdawgburner

I have some ubc chemo x lemon chemo beans. sounds like i should crack these things.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I am glad someone still has the clone. Is this from the original UBC Chemo or a keeper from one of the seed UBC Chemo from Federation, woodhorse or mediuser?

Do you have any pics of one in flower?

Top Bottom