UC Bulkheads & Rubbermaid Totes ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

Any particular trick to get a proper seal when using a UC Bulhead and a Rubbermaid type bucket (tote) ?

Has anyone used a silicone or another product to aid in a good seal for those connections that just don't want to make a proper seal?

Thanks.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Have not had luck with silicone and such. Should not leak, some times it takes a day or two with a full load of water before it sorts it's self out. There is a product called Water Weld that works good.

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

I had to use a silicone type sealant to seal a few leaks I had on a 5 gallon bucket RDWC setup. DAP Aquarium Sealant was the particular brand that I used. Worked fine until I would start moving things around too aggressively.

UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks silver, this is what we are going to try first :)

Capfan

Capfan

Yea, oddly, ill see a drip or two, when first assembled, then a day or two of running, all gone..

UC Quest

UC Quest

I ended up purchasing UC's actual buckets. No leaks what so ever. I am a happy camper again :)

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

an extra o-ring, like one on each side would have done the trick....the rubbermaids are a c-hair thiner than the buckets

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

Try to buy the ruff neck series of totes or commercial quality as they are thicker. You can also get a can of FlexSeal that stuff is the shit lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom