uc vs aeroponics

• Thread starter Door2theUnivers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

foresakenlion

Thanks for the thread, I've pretty much sourced a tank, I have a question though, is it better to use just 1/4th for the tank, and then use a step up for the pressure relief/gauge, or come out of the tank as 3/4 into the relief/gauge then reduce to the actual misters?

How are you attaching your misters to your JG fittings?.

Another question, I'm with you on the dangers of 120, but I have to ask, if the prices are lower on the UPS side and you have GFCI outlets, if there was an accidental spraying, and it did form a drop on any of the downstream electronics, wouldn't it trip upstream? In that scenario isn't the worse that happens is you have to go reset your breaker?, I guess that does defeat the purpose of the redundancy in the first place doesn't it, since you'd probably be gone and now your plants are dying all the same.

Also, now that I think about it, if you're going to barbed fittings for the misters, then how many conversions do you have along your tubing?

Ideally I'd like to simply have in from reservoir -> pump -> accmulator -> relief/regular -> optional gauge -> manifold run w/ misters along the way to simply my tubing run, $500 on some fittings, I can see why people don't go aero the fittings cost more than the system.

I've pretty much settled on the ATC 422 FLIP FLOP, in whatever power version

L

legitfrog

Great thread! Anyone got some updates or pics of some results w HPA/TAG?

W

willy led wonka

heres a pic of the apollo 2 system im using right now. Anyone have some good information on nutrients--brands or other information regarding how to feed--in ppms.What plants may require more of in aero vs. nft or rdwc with regards to nutes? I have read where its a waste of money to use beneficials in aero?? This is my first run with aero and i know i have somemore to learn. Gettn ready to harvest and this run seems like it went alot faster than most of the others. Even after 23 yrs of playing with systems this is testing my ability and im enjoying the indoors again. Im also using leds over this system. Any help for the next run would be great. Wonka

DSCF0439
DSCF0440
DSCF0448
DSCF0449
W

willy led wonka

this system says to feed for 2 mins every 30 mins to start and then mid-flowering cycle on goto 3 mins every 20. It starts out at 600 ppms and increases upt 12-1400 during peak flowering times. I know this is to strong for my strains but having never ran aero b4 i decided to follow their directions and watch the plants closely. This is why i ask what nutes and ppms you aero guys are using. In this system their is a anti-rooting mat that separates the roots from the run-off. So the only nutes they get is from the misting. The roots stay out of the run-off that goes back to the resivior. Which seems alot different than what some of you guys are using for aero. Wonka

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

wow, lots of hi-tek info on HP and LP aero on here...

funny enough, as I'm new to the Aero game, what would GH Aeroflo's be considered? more of a hybrid NFT and Aero i suppose also elements and similarities to RDWC as well....

any Aero people care to skool me on this?

L

legitfrog

The aeroflo is a low pressure system. Do a search on "high pressure aeroponics" or "true aero growing" and you should find some high pressure stuff...

Top Bottom