Ufc 229 Khabib Vs Leprechaun

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Who takes the win in UFC 229

• Total voters
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Honestly I don't see that happening. I see it ending the same way this did maybe earlier. There's a fairly large gap in skill here. I won't question Conor's heart but he doesn't have the skill these top fighters do. If they play into his mind game then he win's, but if they stay cool and let their fighting do the talking then Conor just folds. It was shown with Diaz and I wouldn't even call Diaz a top level fighter. Just some guy with heart and great cardio.

Conor is fun to watch, don't get me wrong. But he doesn't have the skillset to compete at the highest level. If he is the bigger man then he can compete, but if he is equaled or outsized he can't compete.

If you don't think Conor had reason to get "ready" for this fight then i'm sorry but I just don't see the same guy you do on TV.
Well we’re all definitely gonna see.
Diaz was way bigger than Connor btw.
He’s been out of ufc 2 years. I think people forget how good of a striker this guy was before all the antics and bullshit. I definitely hear what you’re saying and that’s what makes this fun. And I’m not the biggest Connor guy but I think he wins round 2.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I was a big fan of his until the loss to Diaz and then the antics. He’s always been a talker but the media has really started to run with it once he signed that fight deal with mayweather. That is when i stopped caring.

Don’t get me wrong. I love his press conferences. They are epic especially when Diaz was involved. The best line ever was when Diaz said he brought in midgets to train him for Conor. I still laugh when I think about it. But like I said I’d never mistake him for world class as far as fighting goes but he’s an entertainer just like Conor but with better cardio.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Just as bad? I don’t think that’s the case. He let his temper get the best of him sure but mcgregor flew across the globe with his own henchmen and threw a bike rack through the window of a bus and practically ruined the careers of two innocent fighters. The UFC I’m sure pulled some strings to make sure he got a slap on the wrist. But if any of us did that we’d be in state prison, period.

At the end of the day he attacked a trash talking fighter, not some random citizen. And quite possibly his next opponent. Don’t let Dana fool you into thinking this is appalling. It’s very welcomed and they will laugh all the way to the bank because of it. Think they won’t show the melee footage before their next big fight? If it’s so appalling then they’d try to forget it. Right now all they are trying to do is make it seem like they care to the contrary. But in reality they are licking their chops.
what?!you think smashing a bus window is worse than trying to fly kick someone's head from an elevated position?totally disagree with that.a windows a bloody inanimate object.connor while maybe a big mouth tool is still a human being as was the fella he tried to fly kick

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
what?!you think smashing a bus window is worse than trying to fly kick someone's head from an elevated position?totally disagree with that.a windows a bloody inanimate object.connor while maybe a big mouth tool is still a human being as was the fella he tried to fly kick

The person he tried to kick was another fighter, not some random person. Conor threw an object through a window and two fighters had to pull out from their respective fights due to injuries sustained during that act of aggression. They lost months of training and their ability to fight and get paid. They were innocent bystanders to a felonious assault using a dangerous weapon. So yeah to me there’s a difference. Conor’s coach was talking trash after he lost and continued to disrespect the winner to the point where he lost control. Sure the reaction was uncalled for but so was the instigation.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Everyone hating on Khabib has no idea who he is. Look at how he has acted in the past. Not he was pushed, I respect him more. I hate Dillon more than anyone in the Jiu-Jitsu sport, and he is Connors boy and his Jiu-Jitsu trainer. They learned you run your mouth you pay. Again I think too few people know who Khabib is. He was bred for this, literally. Give him. Money and you won’t see him in videos with guns and fancy cars and starting shit all over. Watch and see him build up his community and help his people. Khabib is a real champion, and while he made sure to show Dillon Dani’s and he entire McNugget crew that he wasn’t a coward and he would crush them. People often think that the world works like it does in America, it doesn’t. There are still places where people hold some things sacred.

D30FDD44 01E0 41FA 8858 958A46E8EACB

C278686D 7028 414E 9B4E 69C82255FB32

E2861E63 B3D4 4879 BB45 808B9CE7CB4E

And coming soon

D60C8AF1 0689 43E2 A24C BA8F54ADAC5E

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
IT ALL STARTED HERE!

Sadly that’s what the sport has become. Where the ones who talk the most get the most money. Stars cross over from one to the other. I miss the days of Randy Coulter, Pedro Rizzo, Frank Shamrock, Dan Henderson, etc. Sadly those days are a distant memory. I like Justin Gaetcje because he reminds me of those older fighters who took on all comers and let their fists do the talking. Sadly there’s not many of them left.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

The person he tried to kick was another fighter, not some random person. Conor threw an object through a window and two fighters had to pull out from their respective fights due to injuries sustained during that act of aggression. They lost months of training and their ability to fight and get paid. They were innocent bystanders to a felonious assault using a dangerous weapon. So yeah to me there’s a difference. Conor’s coach was talking trash after he lost and continued to disrespect the winner to the point where he lost control. Sure the reaction was uncalled for but so was the instigation.
i think they both fool hardy.i do understand khabibs reaction though i still think it was silly but there's no denying Connor was out of order smashing that window but i assure alot more was made of that too. its all show.like someone said earlier,its like wwe now but only the actual fights are real.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
i think they both fool hardy.i do understand khabibs reaction though i still think it was silly but there's no denying Connor was out of order smashing that window but i assure alot more was made of that too. its all show.like someone said earlier,its like wwe now but only the actual fights are real.

For sure. And we are all fools for buying into it. But it’s fun to discuss :-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I use to be a huge fan pre 2010, now he just spews random bull crap because people will listen.
Joe will tell us how great the experience was whiping his ass this morning in great detail, and his fans will be in ahhh and will try the same with there friends.

Yeah he’s just so angry. I mean I like angry comics but he just seemed pissed off all the time. Hard to take him seriously. He seems like an instigator. Someone who pokes and pokes until they get some kind of reaction. He just rubs me wrong.

F

FutureGrower

Man I feel so much different than you guys do. I'm no connor fan but those that are bringing up the bus incident, Conor was attempting to make the presser but ran late. He had cut weight and everything prepared to take the fight (at least it seems and looks that way to me, look at his skin in court. He looked dehydrated, maybe not but it seems that way.)

And then he did a dumb thing to potentially bring a great last second promotion that just didn't work and he probably paid for it financially...

I really don't have a dislike for Khabib but I have a strong dislike for Khabibs friends, his manager has actual terrorist connections. It's a weird rabbothole and maybe I was mislead it's so easy but just my thoughts

F

FutureGrower

Also i have never been a Joe Rogan fan as far as fight commentary but I love his podcasts.

As far as the pseudo stuff, he does do it alot and hes wrong alot. You just cannot speak that much and have all your thoughts put out there for the world to hear live and have them be correct all of the time...

But I can see I guess where you guys are coming from I kinda get it

F

FutureGrower

Also the guy worships Jordan Peterson and very few people speak as well as Peterson does at least not with as much thought as Peterson does, so when he does his Peterson impressions they turn out very very messy sometimes lol!

Top Bottom