Under/over Waterering Mainlined Plants.

• Thread starter Be42ohh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Underover waterering mainlined plants

So this girl is on day 90, and lately has been insanely thirsty. I have been watering about every other day instead of every 3-4 days like I usually do. Just wondering if this is normal with mainlined plants. Also she starts to droop after 2 days and recovers after watering, the only thing that is confusing me is that the soil isnt completely dry only about half an inch of the soil when she shows signs that she needs to be watered.

Is this normal?

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

She’s in a 5Gal fabric pot with FFOF 30% mix perlight. Running 2 600w leds. Tempature stays around 74-78F 20-35%RH.

MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Imo the RH is way too low. I keep mine at 40 to 48. And I keep my temps the same, 72 to 78.
I'm no expert but I'd increase the RH, try and keep it around 45 if possible. What are the nutrients, water ph. Alot of things do add factors.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Imo the RH is way too low. I keep mine at 40 to 48. And I keep my temps the same, 72 to 78.
I'm no expert but I'd increase the RH, try and keep it around 45 if possible. What are the nutrients, water ph. Alot of things do add factors.
Yeah I need to buy a humidifier, I’m in Colorado it’s dry as fuck out here. And my PH is around 6.3 and I’m using General Hydroponics grow right now about 3/4 recommended dose ATM, and will be using there bloom during flower along with some molasses in between feedings.

Balanque

Balanque

How light is the pot? is it almost completely dry when you water?

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

This is the next day after watering even though the soil was still somewhat damp.

The Jewels

The Jewels

That is a specimen that certainly displays the care and attention it has received.

I am trying to grow for the first time in very dry conditions also. My efforts are futile to raise the humidity above 30 .
Is it possible that your humidity has been dipping down lower, and increasing transpiration?
I don't know the answer to your question specifically, although you certainly are in tune with their needs
Those temperatures -transpiration would increase up to a point. (If you were to follow of VPD chart would it push you towards lower temperatures ?.)
The plants (mine) seem to show no ill-effects from the low humidity, other than the taco up leaves.

What a thing of beauty, good show !

Balanque

Balanque

Let it dry for another day or two if this is still happening. I get this on some overwatered plants, when you water you're adding oxygen and that's why your plants are perking up when you water them but droop again later. If I'm right you'l see it perk up again by letting it dry. Overwatered will have firm stems on the fan leaves, Underwatered will go all limp like spaghetti. If I'm wrong, the worst that will happen is you water it and it bounces back in 20-30 mins. I just don't see a plant that size drinking 5gal that fast.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
90 days in the same pot?

Madbud

Madbud

I dont know, but think i see some stress and maybe something vascular going on in the dark rightside branch which would mean a root problem. Check how much water its taking with the bathroom scale, and two aspirin dissolved in the next watering will help the immune system. Good luck.

Top Bottom