Undercurrent Bare Bones

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

I have been tossing back and forth the idea of doing a DIY MPB system that is a cross between DD's and the undercurrent system, or just buying an undercurrent system ready to go.

I just checked on the website and saw that they now have the bare bones systems listed! I am super psyched about this because this is what I originally wanted. I am gonna be on the horn ordering a 6-plant bare bones system as soon as these guys open up.

M

moejammin

I saw that too! I wanted to throw the Bare model in a 4x4 with a 600. I dont have space to go all out with a MPB room but i still want to run the system. What were your plans with the bare bones Malachi?

M

Malachi

i was thinking about getting the 6 unit bare bones and running it under 6-1000's but i am not sure yet I am undecided. A part of me wants to go organic, maybe organic hydro, I am still trying to make up my mind.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Uc bb

From what I can tell the UC Bare Bones is a standard Uc less the air pumps and air stones.

Apperently they have released this for anyone interested in
implementing their own pump and stone combinations.

C

Casper

From what I can tell the UC Bare Bones is a standard Uc less the air pumps and air stones.

Apperently they have released this for anyone interested in
implementing their own pump and stone combinations.

Interesting, thanks!

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Malachi are u running ur light verticaly with that 6 unit? I never try hydro but under current looks killer... Im wondering if it can beat MPB

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

MPB vs. UC??????

That's like asking whether it's Lebron or Kobe in a one on one hoops battle royal.:afroweed:

I

Ideal303

Cant wait to see some more threads and grows on these systems! been following jack's and Tk's looks great!

Does anyone know if altering any of the PVC piping would compromise the systems integrity?

M

Malachi

Malachi are u running ur light verticaly with that 6 unit? I never try hydro but under current looks killer... Im wondering if it can beat MPB

I am not sure which system is better, I like the analogy someone used with Kobe and Lebron. Its like apples and oranges. They both grow some big plants! I don't think I will have enough funds to get the system up and running the way I want it to AND go vertical with it right off. I will probally go horizontal with 6-1000's for my first undercurrent run and then add another 6 and do a vertical grow next go.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

i went from 3k horizontal to 6K ducted vert and i think Vert is WAY sicker if you have the room to do it ,,

Under current and vert lighting is a , Top of the line set up in my opinion

T

TyKaycha

The two systems are very similar. Right now MPBs are the winner just because DDs has done so much work on getting everything right, particularly the strain. As time goes, I'm sure there will be some UC growers getting similar or better yields than what DDS getting right now. Though by that time DDS might be besting his own records... Exciting times. I know I like having a front seat to all the action!
Who wants to hit this next...

Latest posts

Top Bottom