Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Interestingly when I run my 1600 watts for an 8x5 I'm running 11000 lux from a distance of 18". When I'm running 250 watts for an 8x5 from a distance of a few inches, because there is zero heat, I'm hitting 8000 lux.

I understand that lux is not a good way to evaluate the efficacy of light strength for growing but in terms of output between the same light fixture at different heights and wattages its seems like a damn fine way to find a comparison.

8000 lux compared to 11000 lux should be more than enough for vegging.

S

Shawnery

As per Heisen I upped the wattage, only 15% more, of my lights just to prove something to myself.

1 hour later every plant went from reaching up to wilted and unhappy.

Lowered the wattage back down to 250 where I had it and 30 minutes later they're back to reaching for the sky.

?

D

Dustjesus

Best decision I ever made was dumping a bag of ocean forest in my res. Growth was off the chain. So many benefits. Not sure why anyone would run hydroguard ocean forest has all the beneficial bacteria you could ever need.

H

heisen

Best decision I ever made was dumping a bag of ocean forest in my res. Growth was off the chain. So many benefits. Not sure why anyone would run hydroguard ocean forest has all the beneficial bacteria you could ever need.
Personally starting to rethink my setup.currently running 1300 watts over a 4x10 in veg but after seeing 250 watts can do the job i think 3 100 watt CFL's will do the trick.Probably save me alot in electricity.Wish i had known this before i would have spent almost 2 grand on 24 cobs,heatsinks and drivers when i could have just put a 300 watt LED right in the center and let it run.

S

Shawnery

Like I said, have to prove it to myself. 250 over an even distribution at a few inches is just about on par with my 1500 at a further distance due to heat.

Do I think 250 is good for the entire veg, probably not, but I did prove it's more than enough currently. Strange how you just glance over me proving you wrong about my lighting and then just doubling down.

I increased my lights less than 15% and they immediately began to wilt until I turned them back down. I'm sure you'll state some bullshit about this and that but your advice on lighting was wrong!

Will I need my entire 1650 watts for flower, of course I will, duh!

scubascrog

scubascrog

I don't think you need more than 1200 for that area.
This is under 600w of lm51c. 3/5 of my 6x9 room. Halfway through flower. And they are 2 feet above the canopy.
20180827 173909

H

heisen

I don't think you need more than 1200 for that area.
This is under 600w of lm51c. 3/5 of my 6x9 room. Halfway through flower. And they are 2 feet above the canopy.View attachment 825667
Sold my cobs,just gonna use the can bulbs in the ceiling.300 watts of led in the ceilings should be good to go.someone needs to tell all these led manufacturers to start shipping out 200 watt lights to commercial growers.

S

Shawnery

Just figured out my water chiller was 2 degrees off. So instead of running 67 to 69 I was running 65 to 67 which is way to cold. Especially if you're trying to get obstinate clones to root and reveg.

Since I calibrated the chiller and am running 68 to 70 with the GFF I'm finally starting to see some new growth above and below but still slow. Unfortunately I'm still seeing some trichomes on the upper leaves so it's still in transition I assume.

I'm hoping they'll get going by this weekend and yes Heisen your plants have exploded and mine haven't. You dont have to remind me again but I'm sure you will!

H

heisen

Just figured out my water chiller was 2 degrees off. So instead of running 67 to 69 I was running 65 to 67 which is way to cold. Especially if you're trying to get obstinate clones to root and reveg.

Since I calibrated the chiller and am running 68 to 70 with the GFF I'm finally starting to see some new growth above and below but still slow. Unfortunately I'm still seeing some trichomes on the upper leaves so it's still in transition I assume.

I'm hoping they'll get going by this weekend and yes Heisen your plants have exploded and mine haven't. You dont have to remind me again but I'm sure you will!
No worries man,Everyone loves to give advice to someone who has no interest in following the advice.Probably why this thread is exploding with responses.I'm just here for the i told you so's.Carry on grasshopper.

S

Shawnery

You mean this last grow that I got .85g per watt from. Yeah yeah Heisen, I know, you have your very own way of judging the harvest but this is how most mortals do it.

20180421 003341
H

heisen

You mean this last grow that I got .85g per watt from. Yeah yeah Heisen, I know, you have your very own way of judging the harvest but this is how most mortals do it.
Grams per watt mean absolutely nothing.as soon as you get that through your head everything will be ok.

H

heisen

Dudes be vegging for 3 months with 1000 watt lights talking about they pulled 2 grams a watt lol.
I just shake my head.
Calculate how many kilowatt hrs you took from day 1 to chop and that would be more like it.
Cause so far with this grow that you have refused Any solid advice you was given your looking at 0 grams per watt,now deduct that off your last grows .85 and that would be more realistic.

S

Shawnery

I'm not saying I'm special I'm just saying I was happy for my second grow and I bet most would have been.

YOUR JUST BEING A DICK AND A TROLL AS USUAL BUT YOURE A STAFF MEMBER SO THATS OK, RIGHT!?

ban in

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I'm not saying I'm special I'm just saying I was happy for my second grow and I bet most would have been.

YOUR JUST BEING A DICK AND A TROLL AS USUAL BUT YOURE A STAFF MEMBER SO THATS OK, RIGHT!?

ban in

Meheheheheheh
Its your bud,
-Trollin

I would let him stay. He didnt mean it. Tbis is fuuunnnn

Top Bottom