Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

So we talk over p.m. and you tell me that it's going to take at least 3 weeks for my plants to reveg since they're from flowering mothers and if you were me you just start over. Then you come on here and post pictures of your plants that have been growing for 3 weeks just like mine as a comparison to say what a crap job I'm doing.

So is it normal for clones from flowering mothers to take an extra 3 weeks to even start growing or am I doing a crap job in comparison to your plants that are so Lush in the same amount of time?

It can't be both

S

Shawnery

I'm part way there with your equation although the price difference in kilowatt hours charged create a problem 4 equal representation.

What I would say in agree with is if you took total Watts used for the entire grow not just lights but complete power used and then divide that by your Harvest weight.

That would be an equal and fair representation of how one person's Harvest compared to another person's Harvest. Now if you're comparing your price per pound to compare the prophet of one Harvest to another that makes complete sense.

S

Shawnery

Here's an honest question and I have searched and searched and searched and no go.

My ph right before the lights go out is around 6.0 regularly. My ph after the dark period when I check it around 10am is around 5.8.

It's done this for about 4 days now as the roots have started to react to the gff, positively. I've read that plants ph can drop when switching to flower and was wondering if this could be caused by the plants revegging and hormones?

My ec has been stable at 418 for the same amount of time and water has been dropping but slowly, very slowly.

Temps are 80 and humidity is at 70% putting me in range of the VPD sweet spot and the girls look better since doing this. Water temps swing from 68 to 70 depending on whether the chiller is on or off

If you need any other info let me know.

Heisen, if you're going to respond can you attempt to stay on topic and get off the soapbox, please!

Here's a pic of the trichomes still on the leaves and I'm still throwing new single and triples. The trichs are on the outer edges of the leaf for reference.

20180829 105500
H

heisen

Here's an honest question and I have searched and searched and searched and no go.

My ph right before the lights go out is around 6.0 regularly. My ph after the dark period when I check it around 10am is around 5.8.

It's done this for about 4 days now as the roots have started to react to the gff, positively. I've read that plants ph can drop when switching to flower and was wondering if this could be caused by the plants revegging and hormones?

My ec has been stable at 418 for the same amount of time and water has been dropping but slowly, very slowly.

Temps are 80 and humidity is at 70% putting me in range of the VPD sweet spot and the girls look better since doing this. Water temps swing from 68 to 70 depending on whether the chiller is on or off

If you need any other info let me know.

Heisen, if you're going to respond can you attempt to stay on topic and get off the soapbox, please!

Here's a pic of the trichomes still on the leaves and I'm still throwing new single and triples. The trichs are on the outer edges of the leaf for reference.
What are you talking about a soapbox,I know the exact answer to your question but telling you anything at this point is just a waste of breath.just here for pure entertainment at this point as well as everyone else participating in this train wreck.
Everyone told you from the beginning on 4 other threads you had but you didnt wanna hear none of it.
I have yet to see you believe or take anyones advice on anything here.
And ban you?why would I ban you.you havnt done anything.

S

Shawnery

Soapbox right there!

I asked a simple question that needed a simple answer and you made it about you as usual!

Thanks!

What no one here gets or accepts is you can listen, respect and consider but still test out the effects of differing from this advice. Going against advice can be just as important or more so in learning then just painting by another's numbers.

I understand you dont get that and that's ok because that's who you are. Perhaps you can show me the same respect?

S

Shawnery

Why would ph drop over night and rise during the day in a regular cycle from 5.8 to 6.0 like clockwork?

H

heisen

And to answer the question plants dont eat when the lights are out,they just perspire water so they uptake water and leach minerals from the roots back into the system during lights out.these minerals are acidic so they will naturally drop the ph.everyone told you to put them plants on 24 hrs light and give them more nitrogen.
You didnt do them any favors lowering the light to 250 watts.
They are leggy as fawk and nitrogen deprived.
Even if you get them right the structure at this point is to far gone.scrap the grow and go get some new clones.

H

heisen

Soapbox right there!

I asked a simple question that needed a simple answer and you made it about you as usual!

Thanks!

What no one here gets or accepts is you can listen, respect and consider but still test out the effects of differing from this advice. Going against advice can be just as important or more so in learning then just painting by another's numbers.

I understand you dont get that and that's ok because that's who you are. Perhaps you can show me the same respect?
What i dont get is seasoned growers taking there time to give you free advice and you basically telling them to kick rocks.

H

heisen

Now I'll just wait for you to tell me that's not the reason for the ph drop,and you will suddenly know why and post a couple links from youtube and become an expert on it.

S

Shawnery

I never got a ph drop from night to day with my other two grows and is the reason for my confusion.

I dont doubt your reasoning I just dont get why now and not twice before at all.

As for the lights my 250 at a few inches is damn near close to the same lighting level as the same fixture at 1000 16 inches away.

I understand lux and lumens are not the same as reading par but I got what I got. I'm getting the same lux from 250 at a few inches that I am from a 1000 at 16 inches and only 2000 less than 1600 at 2 feet.

If the levels are so close in lumination then why is my 250 so awful?

Like I said, you think not doing what you say is the issue but that's your issue not mine. I use everything everyone has shared with me. With that Information I am able to try and test things out with an idea of how they will turn out.

H

heisen

No way in hell a single 250 fixture is lighting up a 4x8.your numbers are way off.it shows in the nitrogen deficient stretchy plants.
Your grow man I'm about to pass you twice.day 1 600 watts in totes.keep it simple stupid
20180829 024555

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

There you go again putting me down every chance you get or accusing me of lying or misunderstanding. You a three time soapbox commander right there buddy!

Lux meters on phones are about as simple as can be. You turn the app on, you set the distance to light and then you read the number.

Is it going to be a reliable number in terms of meter quality, I'm really not sure, but it's going to be reliable in terms of comparing the same apples to the same apples. I'm just giving you a fact and you're unwilling to accept it.

I was assuming my nitrogen problem came from a lack of roots in the first place and then unhealthy roots later? The roots are just starting to regrow from the cup and the damaged ones already there. The plants just showed their first sign of growing in the last couple days and nothing big either.

About the stretchy, half of them were tight and still are and half were really stretchy and still are. The new growth on the tight plants is still tight and the stretchy is growing stretchy? I know you wont believe me but that's the way they came.

H

heisen

I use that much light to keep moms alive in the corner and barely feed them.the key to big roots is big light in dwc.why are you even running dwc but everything you do is like an organic dirt farmer.
Just go organic dirt and do us all a big favor.them vegan tree huggers will welcome you over there with open arms.

S

Shawnery

You still haven't explained why my last two grows didn't have the same ph swings from day to night. It also didn't start this grow until about three days ago when they started waking up.

I assume that from you explanation of why ph swings happen, which I accept, then that would mean my plants were never feeding at all? Then that would mean that the reasons it just started happening is because they have finally started feeding? Which would make perfect since considering the root problems I've had since I got them as clones.

S

Shawnery

Nobody in this thread once told me to switch to 24hrs and neither did you in our pm's. I'm not sure if you just like beating up on me like the neighborhood hemp bully.

LET ME JUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY,

YOURE A BETTER GROWER, YOUR CURRENT GROW IS MILES BETTER THAN MINE AND YOUVE TOLD ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN,

I ACCEPT THIS!

CAN WE MOVE ON ALREADY!

H

heisen

You still haven't explained why my last two grows didn't have the same ph swings from day to night. It also didn't start this grow until about three days ago when they started waking up.

I assume that from you explanation of why ph swings happen, which I accept, then that would mean my plants were never feeding at all? Then that would mean that the reasons it just started happening is because they have finally started feeding? Which would make perfect since considering the root problems I've had since I got them as clones.
Most likely,Maybe your humidity was different.Plants drink more when humidity is low and temps are high,Maybe because its summer time not sure.I always get different variables.I got a new batch of hydroguard that just cooked some of my plants.Maybe the bacteria was stronger and sucked the oxygen from the water.Maybe it cleaned up the water faster and made things more available to the roots and sudden uptake hurt the plants.Not sure.We dont always have all the answers.But from experience we can take very good guesses as to how to solve problems not to make the same mistakes.
So many variables to nail it all down.All you can do is gather all the facts,make a mental checklist based on experience and figure out what the next step is to get them right.

H

heisen

Nobody in this thread once told me to switch to 24hrs and neither did you in our pm's. I'm not sure if you just like beating up on me like the neighborhood hemp bully.

LET ME JUST GET THIS OUT OF THE WAY,

YOURE A BETTER GROWER, YOUR CURRENT GROW IS MILES BETTER THAN MINE AND YOUVE TOLD ME OVER AND OVER AGAIN,

I ACCEPT THIS!

CAN WE MOVE ON ALREADY!
Im pretty sure it was said if you have a plant coming out of flower from a reveg THEY WILL NOT REVERT on 18/6.to much ethylene build up in the mother plant.Even if you get them revegging you have to take the revegged part of the fucked up mom and cut it off in order to get them back to 18/6.Otherwise as soon as you go to 18/6 they will still flower.I took clones on flowering moms and got them back to veg,flipped to 18/6 and they start flowering again.you have to cut the clone away from the mom that's growing 5 finger leaves.
I suppose it all comes down to how much ethylene is built up in your clones but 24 hrs for at least 10 days would have been enough.

S

Shawnery

Heres the thing with the lightening and you tell me if this makes sense.

I just watched a video, looking for par meter reading of light at different heights. It was a cob being used just for reference.

He had three plants, not pot, one at 12 inches and the last at 24 inches. He was reading the par(ppfd) numbers at distance from top of pot but it could have been the canopy. The 12" read at 1000 par and the 24" read only 440 par. That's half the par reading in double the distance.

I understand I'm not reading par but if you look at the above info it's easy to see where 250 watts at a few inches would be at least close to a 1000 at 4th of the distance from the canopy.

I dont know what to tell you about not believing my ability to read a phones lux meter cause I can't change that.

H

heisen

Heres the thing with the lightening and you tell me if this makes sense.

I just watched a video, looking for par meter reading of light at different heights. It was a cob being used just for reference.

He had three plants, not pot, one at 12 inches and the last at 24 inches. He was reading the par(ppfd) numbers at distance from top of pot but it could have been the canopy. The 12" read at 1000 par and the 24" read only 440 par. That's half the par reading in double the distance.

I understand I'm not reading par but if you look at the above info it's easy to see where 250 watts at a few inches would be at least close to a 1000 at 4th of the distance from the canopy.

I dont know what to tell you about not believing my ability to read a phones lux meter cause I can't change that.
ok so your entire light is 4x8 feet?Where are you getting 12 inches when your plants are covering 8 feet of space?How is that even possible from a single led fixture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom