Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

So I've turned up the light to 50% which should be right around 20k.

Let's say they react by wilting again, how long should I allow them to wilt for before backing off the intensity, if it happens?
50 may be to much,especially if they dont have good roots but i would say at least 8 hrs

S

Shawnery

Lights have been back on for an hour and a half and plants are perky. Guess there was enough root mass to fulfill the requirements.

S

Shawnery

So an hour and a half later and the top leaves are starting to droop. I decided to dial back the power 10% but I'll check the lumens in a bit but if my plants can't take more it really doesn't matter what the number is though it would be good for my records.

I understand and accept your ph swing from night to day reason but it seems extreme. I checked the ph an hour and a half ago and it was 5.78 and when I just checked it again its 6.02. Last night it was 6.12 when I last checked. It never goes below 5.75 or above 6.20 but it swings so fast.

About the apparent nitrogen deficiency that you thought was do to lighting. I really don't think, I know I dont know shit, it was ever lighting but more so believe it was the lack of roots. The one plant that has this deficiency the worst has the most leaves but the least amount of roots.

I think beyond not just throwing these flowered clones away in the first place I should have been foliar feeding this whole time since it was unable to feed through the roots and things would have gone much better, yes/no?

S

Shawnery

How do you guys keep a constant humidity level with your exhaust fan going. Or is it the swing in humidity levels from exhaust on to off an accepted consequence?

I'm just asking because my humidity quickly goes from 70 to 45 when the fan comes on.

H

heisen

How do you guys keep a constant humidity level with your exhaust fan going. Or is it the swing in humidity levels from exhaust on to off an accepted consequence?

I'm just asking because my humidity quickly goes from 70 to 45 when the fan comes on.
Cant help you with that.maybe another tent grower @Dustjesus can offer advice and help u out

D

Dustjesus

My fan is always on. 70 humidity is too high in my opinion man. No offense but you making this alot harder than it needs to be. The things WANT to grow and survive. Provide them that opportunity.

S

Shawnery

If you have some evidence that shows VPD to be incorrect than please share it to me. I just started learning about VPD so I can't go into detail but the science makes sense. This isn't a theory that only applies to cannabis either. I'm sure i am over thinking it but I want to know why something is best not that something is best!

A lot of people just state that this worked for me and your over thinking it but then no actual data evidence beyond experience to back it up. Im sure that experience has proven most peoples beliefs correct but that does not mean that standerds cant change either. Recently I've come across proven information that states non ir led grow light rooms need to be run at higher temps in order to reach a similar internal leaf temp as hps lights. Have people been growing cannabis with LEDs at the standered temps and been happy with their results, hell yeah but that does not mean that this new theory is incorrect or that it's not better. It will take some testing personally to see if its correct and I plan on finding out. My only point being that by overthinking things I came across this and I'm glad I did!

I personally like to understand things rather than just follow a recipe and end up with someone else's cupcakes. That's why I always ask questions but still make alternative choices! Not because I dont respect Heisen and all the others, who think I dont respect them, but because I do respect their experience and knowledge. That doesn't mean i still wont make bad choices but it does mean I know what to expect. I'm ok with that even though most on here aren't and tend to take it personally and I'm sorry if my actions offend!

I'm not saying your way is the wrong way or even not a good or great way but what I am saying is that in every aspect of life there is the most perfect, not perfect, way of doing things and I want to search and study enough about growing cannabis to find them.

Vapor pressure deficit relative humidity chart small
Last edited:
D

Dustjesus

It just seems you are trying to build a bridge where one already exists. Flower some big ass buds and keep the room at 70 rh. When you see dead leaves hanging out of the buds near finish the experiment will conclude. Plus I didn't realize you were in veg. Carry on. And no I don't have a moldy bud handy to provide evidence at the moment

H

heisen

I like the vpd chart and definitely believe in it.60 percent is good for veg 70 is even better.i try to shoot for 70 humidity 81 temps in veg.
Flower no.higher than 55 and try and help it between 45 and 50.unlesss you like moldy nuggs

S

Shawnery

How amazing! We all agree but yet somehow fail to miss it! Got to love the internet!

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Yep, irritate people who don't get the way I do things, then at some point figuring it out. Consequences of being Shawnery!
By the number of posts u sure spend alot of time playing with ur p p p plants. I was inferring that you dont have a real job and this is how u support yourself.
I wanna see these buds. From my experience, playing with it too much and it wont grow. Hahahah

S

Shawnery

From my experience, playing with it too much and it wont grow. Hahahah

Not from my "personal" experience!

But yes I dont work due to a life threatening and altering motorcycle racing accident. No I dont support myself through it though. I do recoup operating costs but that's it. I just like to put everything into something I decide to take part in.

S

Shawnery

Today I paid extra attention to the spots I still saw build up of brown algea or bacteria and noticed that it is either gone or going. Even after the clean out with h202 I still had build up on my air lines I noticed and some new build up on pvc but not much. Today i noticed that each airline is completely free of any gunk at all and the pvc tubes are clearing as well.

I'm assuming that this is a good thing and points to the GFF doing it's job? When an inoculant is reacting so much with build up should more be added on a regular basis?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Not from my "personal" experience!

But yes I dont work due to a life threatening and altering motorcycle racing accident. No I dont support myself through it though. I do recoup operating costs but that's it. I just like to put everything into something I decide to take part in.
I hear ya. Mine were all low speed. She made me sell it for just that reason. I can ride, its all the othrr idiots that are texting or googling some shit, instead of driving
I would take on dwc if I had the time and dedication. I'll vive ya one thing .Ur not afraid to give up on a bad idea!
I don't know shit about it so I can't criticize , but it is awful fun to read ur banter with hb.
Good luck, I'll be here,
-Trollin

S

Shawnery

It's funny because Heisen has no idea how much I do respect his opinion! I just LOVE doing things the hard way.

Really this grow hasn't been much different than he does. The results are much different and I accept that!

What I'm not sure of is why my roots started getting brown in the first place. I literally had it setup to a tee the way heisen said, not blaming just explaining.

68 to 70 water
70% humidity
Hydroguard
EC .4
And I still got brown roots and then tried the compost tea then it went really down hill a few days later.

The only things I can think of is that they are clones from flowering plants, they came from dirt and lastly they were preteens with NO roots. I get that the compost tea was a bad choice but everything else was followed to the tee. Perhaps as the other person said maybe it has to do with my moldy environment?

I'm going to move to waterfalls in each bucket instead this weekend. At least this way I can remove any concern of contamination from the air pumps.

S

Shawnery

Here goes with test number two in a grow already troubled!

Ran 1/2" from the water pump and then 1/4" from there to each bucket about 3" from the top for a good drop.

A lot of non-cannabis hydro grows with great results use nothing more than a 1/4" waterfall in the epi and nothing else. Not saying that would work with us but 1/4" in each bucket and a 1/2" 6 top fountain in the epi should be more than enough. If they start to go downhill tomorrow I'll know why.

There's mold everywhere up here so it's probably best!

S

Shawnery

Added a 90 degree low pressure sprayer on the end of the 1/4" lines into the plant totes. What a difference in surface agitation compared to the lines without.

I wonder if it's any better for the roots in terms of the root ball? I often read discussions about issues with getting do to the center of the root mass. Wouldn't the lack of air bubble agitation allow the roots to grow more naturally and less tangled by the bubble current?

I understand it works the way it is but I'm just wondering if no airstone would increase oxygen to the center of the root mass and lower the chances of pythium?

This only requirement is that you keep do levels at least as high as it is was with stones.

Last edited:
S

Shawnery

Good news,

50 micron filter had 5% of the organic material on it during clean out in the same amount of time as last clean out.

Plants are just starting to throw 5 finger leaves after almost a month of waiting. I know it's not but I'm considering this a week in. The roots are just about where a week old clone should be at.

More roots and especially root hair after one night of no airstones. Not anything to call home about but there is a noticable difference. The only thing is instead of growing a bunch of roots everywhere I'm growing fewer roots but already long enough to get into feed lines. I'm wondering if I should prune them back a little to promote lateral root growth?

Lastly the entire system smells like a big bucket of roots. Much better than the fish tank smell that was happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom