Undercurrent Blackberry Fire Day 1

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

You doing all this shit when u could be watching big beautiful tent full of thriving plants with very little maintenance or babysitting.keep doing what your doing man.i got a seat pulled up.

95eaaa549a9e4e29a5125226cf32ef7e

H

heisen

Moved to infirmary where I think you'll get more responses to help get your plants on there feet.

S

Shawnery

There's not much help to be had. It's either start over or hold out. Kind of simple.

My plants were deficient and you believed it was lights. At the moment I'm running 60,000lum and I was running 20,000lum. Turned lights up and plants look exactly the same. Roots are coming so it's not lack of roots. Ph is 5.8, water temp 68 to 70, room temp 75, humidity 70%. The only thing that remains is to low of an EC. This seems to be able to account for a lot of my issues. I was running .4ec when last year I ran 1.2ec at the same point. I thought I would try it lower because everyone kept telling me I was really high.

It's to early to really say but there seems to be a movement towards darker green.

The only other thing to do is another water change but I just did it not that long ago and what would be the reason?

S

Shawnery

Forget everything else I tried after the first issue and just concentrate on the initial root problem.

I had everything setup perfectly before the clones were even put in. The system and room was sterilized before use. Undercurrent system with 2" lines, 8 sites, epi and 1000gph pump to run it all. 8 airstones run off of 170lph of air. Water temp 68 to 70, room temp 75, humidity 65%, ec .4, ph 5.8. I ran nothing but nutrient and the correct dose of actual hydroguard.

Once the roots came out they were brown in a couple days. The clones came as preteens with no roots or dead roots. Clones came from a coco mix and went into hydro.

My question is where and why did it go bad in the first place. I had everything setup perfect and you'll have to take my word for that.

Is it possible that you just get bad clones especially if they come from the same mother? I'm not looking for an excuse but an understanding!

S

Shawnery

Still no one has an answer to the real question,

What caused the roots to go bad only days after hitting the water? Assuming everything was right because it was real close!

Beyond that I finally planted these poor girls out in my yard, I live in the boonies and all my neighbors except one enjoy my medication!

S

Shawnery

I gave up and planted everything in the garden and just picked these Blackberry Fire up from Dark Heart Nursery.

Water 68-70
Temp 75
Humidity 70
Ph 6.03
Ec .750

Running sterile this time.

20180910 163219
20180910 163357
S

Shawnery

They all had healthy roots not that long but a lot of them. Should I be misting these clones? If I should be misting how often and at what strength? If I run my lights 24/7 should I turn my lights off for a bit when misting?

Thanks!

S

Shawnery

This time instead of completely covering the rockwool I left the top of it open. I figure this way I can keep an eye out on it's water retention level. If I start to get any algea I can just spot treat with water/h202.

If you use hydroguard do you or have you treated the rockwool separately by pouring the correct dose directly over it?

Not trying to reinvent the wheel this time just not sure!

H

heisen

Cover the rockwool unless you want algae.
Dont squeeze the rockwool.it holds it own air.just set em and forget em.its ok if it gets wet.
I use my return line to top feed for a couple days.i talked about this with you before.its why I use a long return line.you dont want to shock the plants.
People grow in straight rockwool blocks using top feed caps and such.
Ph is critical.below 5.0 will damage the rockwool.
Dont overthink this shit.hust set them over the pebbles,give them 15 to 20,000 lux and mix to around 450 to 500 ppm they will take the fuck off.trust me

S

Shawnery

Everything's the way you say it just got to cover the rockwool and I wouldn't think of squeezing it. I just wanted to know if pre treating the rockwool could help with possible issues? I just mean by hand feeding the rockwool with hydroguard treated water. After my problems and I found many cases of the rockwool its self being infected with pythium.

By the way, you and others will tell me things over and over and I won't remember. I won't even remember there was a thread about the topic I should be searching for. Part of the consequences of racing motorcycles and having multiple subdural hematoma. Problems with emotions and memory. I've learned to find the humor in it and hopefully some day you will as well!

Last edited:
H

heisen

Everything's the way you say it just got to cover the rockwool and I wouldn't think of squeezing it. I just wanted to know if pre treating the rockwool could help with possible issues? I just mean by hand feeding the rockwool with hydroguard treated water. After my problems and I found many cases of the rockwool its self being infected with pythium.

By the way, you and others will tell me things over and over and I won't remember. I won't even remember there was a thread about the topic I should be searching for. Part of the consequences of racing motorcycles and having multiple subdural hematoma. Problems with emotions and memory. I've learned to find the humor in it and hopefully some day you will as well!
Yeah man top feed the rockwool with your mix in the res

S

Shawnery

@heisenbubble

How often should I be top feeding them? I've been reading 2 to 3 times a day but that seems high. I feed them each a tbsp on Monday and then yesterday I gave them 5ml each of res solution. The thing is they are still damp to the touch but not soaked or anything.

H

heisen

@heisenbubble

How often should I be top feeding them? I've been reading 2 to 3 times a day but that seems high. I feed them each a tbsp on Monday and then yesterday I gave them 5ml each of res solution. The thing is they are still damp to the touch but not soaked or anything.
Well a flood and drain will be a 15 minute flood every 4 hrs with lights on.this is the biggest reason why my return lines goes into the top of my lid.i can pull it out and use it to fill up a cup to top feed anything I need to.
I think once you set the roots down over the rocks that are bubbling you can top feed once to put your system solution in the rockwool.its ph is right and hydroguard to treat the new roots and rockwool.
Roots should be going in a day or so.

S

Shawnery

So I noticed this little girl had unfortunately grown into the rockwool cube next to it when I took them out of the bag on Monday. I separated them as carefully as possible but this one had a nice root break in half.

You think it will recover from the shock and is there something i can do to help it out or just have to wait and see?

20180912 110855
S

Shawnery

I am amazed at the difference using this styrofoam cover has had on my system temperature. The lights are on 24/7 and I haven't seen my solution temps even reach 70. Before I started using the styrofoam boards my water chiller would be on regularly through the day on 18/6 schedule let alone 24/7.

Not to mention the ability for it to reflect light much better than the reflective bubble wrap.

H

heisen

Yeah I Insulate my buckets.i also mentioned that to you somewhere.that starofoam looks like a pain in ass to check roots if you need to or lift the lids.

S

Shawnery

I have them divided perfectly to be able to lift the lids and check on roots per tote. It literally takes a couple seconds to slide them over and lift a 5" net cup. The added benefit seems to be by it covering everything below the level of the totes.

Once I put the scrog up I'll have to figure something else out though.

Top Bottom