Undercurrent Minus Airstones Plus Cooling Question.

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Yeah if I could give a rat's ass about the power bill I would have DE bulbs on 5 foot centers growing trees.i have to keep my power bill in check so i run scrogs to get the most out of a given footprint.6 foot plants dont do me any good under cobs.maybe some guys do it but i like to count my colas and keep everything big.plus I've had strains that are super lanky and seems you have to support every top from falling over.once I get out to Colorado shit is gonna be crazy

The 6 foot plants came about due to sorting out my phenos, was not expected. The problem here in my state is plant limits other wise I would go shorter veg time and turn the crops sooner. If I could I would like to try single cola SOG but we arent able to do so legally. Of course it is hard to stay legal anyway cause your only supposed to have 24 ounces on hand and 50 seeds. Good God how can anyone who grows their own and does a little breeding have 50 seeds and any successful grower isn't going to have 24 ounces on hand. And we cant sell surplus to the dispensaries unless we have a computer tracking system and have expensive tests that dont even insure a safe product. What a circle jerk. I can only grow 6 plants with 12 immature (under 24"). So for my 6 X 4 flower area I have to optimize the plant count and veg time it takes to fill it. Like I said with UC everything is getting too big. I may go with 2-4 plants next time with a shorter veg.

The fucking morons that run the canna laws in this state set it up this way. Everyone who knows anything knows plant counts are irrelevant and it is about canopy size. So what happens here in the Summer is everyone veges up 4 foot plants and puts em out in late May and has giant trees by October.

This state will license a chimp if they have the money and they have no limits. Consequently our state produced about a million pounds last year for a 300,000 lb market and this October with all the new licenses we will produce 3 million pounds for a 300,000 lb market....brilliant math there politicians. Then they wonder why there is a huge black market and people are pushing most of it to the illegal states, then they form task forces to bust people.

Sorry, end of rant.

Dee

S

Shawnery

I have a ghetto water pump low pressure. As long as it's down hill it's got good flow. I hooked it up to the water chiller and it's a trickle. There's also some air pockets in the tubing.

Are the air pockets a side effect of the low pressure pump or is the low pressure a side effect of the air bubbles?

DGP

DGP

I have a ghetto water pump low pressure. As long as it's down hill it's got good flow. I hooked it up to the water chiller and it's a trickle. There's also some air pockets in the tubing.

Are the air pockets a side effect of the low pressure pump or is the low pressure a side effect of the air bubbles?

My guess is your pump is not up to the job. Be careful because your chiller will have some requirements for flow. You want to match the pump to the requirements of the chiller (the chiller should give a range in the specs for the pumps capacity).

Dee

DGP

DGP

I think using a taller/bigger control/epi bucket with waterfall like @heisenbubble suggested is the way to go. A power head will push water but unless it breaks the surface of the water it won't add O2 much. Once it breaks the surface you might have issues with water spilling over the sides. When my epi bucket wasn't raised and was too short even my waterfall was pushing water over the side. I went to a raised bucket but if I had seen Heisenbubbles post I would have just bought a bigger bucket (duh). Ordering a 13 gallon bucket soon.....

One thing I am going to do is upgrade to 13 gallon buckets and go from 8 buckets to 4 because it will be easier to manage my canopy with 4. The main reason though is my plants are filling the buckets and running down the drain with roots. Its not a big problem because the system continues to operate just fine but it tells me the roots need more room (which is a good problem to have:)).

I think Hydrobuilder.com has the buckets from EasyStor in 5.5, 8 and 13 gallon.

Dee

stutter

stutter

this is what i had in my epi. it created a thin sheet of water that then ran down the walls

IMG 8378 zpsmztfxyvj

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Im glad I never bought a chiler

According to O2grow, no matter what we do conventionally to create more DO, the end result will only be ~ 8%. From my own experience using multiple quality air stones and 4 head high flow air pumps, separate pump in res using venturi, which generates a ton more and considerably smaller bubbles, again, according to them the result is still ~ 8%. And while it seems to work well, what would ~ 50% more and smaller DO bubbles (in this case 'nanobubbles") do?

we know (don't we) that we need to generate those bubbles in dwc/rdwc 24/7. My recent experiment to start seedlings using lpa misting with hpa mist heads (replacing my long used bubber for seedlings/clones) produced vastly better roots and root hairs

AGAIN, according to O2grow data, supported with agricultural school testing (links on his site) his emitters not only generate 12%+ DO (a ~ 50% increase) it stays in suspension until agitated. So for F & Ders, like myself, I don't have to have a second pump, which has to be on a separate timer or else the nutrient solution heats up in order to reintroduce DO.

The 64K question is: What does a 50% DO increase mean in application?

In my case a 2 emitter system is $300, about the price of a chiller, but I can run two rezes off of it, and unlike chillers it uses very little electricity. They also have a larger system for UCRDWC.

I'm almost finished with this grow, and due to extreme heat and humidity, I won't start another until mid September, but, will try it then.

Should anybody take the plunge, please start a thread

https://www.o2grow.com/store

Last edited:
Top Bottom