Undercurrent, XOXOX, and 27 gallon tubs

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Plants have 40" centers. The room is 11'x22'. Looks cramped and my other rooms are cramped as well. The strains I run tend to go taller, not bushy.

The plastic on the 27 gallon tubs are thicker, which makes the uniseals harder to use. I think this is the only time I wished I had more of the Home Depot tubs instead of the Lowes tubs.

HD Tubs and uni-seals aren't any easier than the Lowe's tubs. Cutting the PVC interconnects at a diagonal helped a lot.

S

strawD

do you think you should rotate your buckets or your plumbing 90'? Having the water go in a stragiht line, in and out, with the plant in the middle, will not allow the roots to grow in the upstream half of the res, and clog the downstream side. the UC's are sideways, so that the water in/out goes to the side of the plant, and the roots have more room to do their thing. just a thought. otherwise nice room.

OGReggieBUSH777

OGReggieBUSH777

bruh great work keep it up cant wait to see what u pump out

L

Lost

do you think you should rotate your buckets or your plumbing 90'? Having the water go in a stragiht line, in and out, with the plant in the middle, will not allow the roots to grow in the upstream half of the res, and clog the downstream side. the UC's are sideways, so that the water in/out goes to the side of the plant, and the roots have more room to do their thing. just a thought. otherwise nice room.

You want your drains as far from the root mass as possible. My tubgirls grow was very similar but this is better.

Get some plants in there and some cages on them bitches!

S

strawD

okay positiion the buckets and plumbing like this, but put the plant closer to the upstream side, and not centered in the bucket.

N

noone88

my MPB tubs are setup the same way: inlet and outlet are on opposite ends, length wise.

Plants are already in, cages up. One week+ into flowering. I don't like having pictures of full flower rooms unfortunately...

I will be able to do fair comparisons between MPB tubs and UC setups since I have rooms setup almost exactly the same way in terms of wattage and layout. Only difference is positive pressure versus under current.

This is the 3rd flowering room i've built and I always have extreme low humidity issues. Could be my area since i'm more inland (not that inland where all the tweakers are at) than near the ocean. Had to bring in my swamp cooler to bump up the humidity.

Lastly, i'll be posting up a picture of a plant in a krustybucket-style container which only received *ONE* side of light. The thing grew surprisingly well and it was one of the smaller clones that were brought into my mpb flower rooms. That's why you guys see the 5 gallon buckets along the side; those things actually yield pretty well even with one side of light exposure. That's how i'm able to break the 1gpw barrier by throwing in extra plants but using the same wattage/layout of a mpb-style grow.

N

noone88

okay positiion the buckets and plumbing like this, but put the plant closer to the upstream side, and not centered in the bucket.

That would be more hassle than what it's worth because I would then have to redo the whole plant/light layout etc etc.

27 gallon tubs still have way more volume than the 9/13 gallon ez-stor pails from cch2o. The only difference between the 9/13 gallon ez-stor pails is the height (they're both 14ish"x11.5", whereas the HD/Lowes tubs are like 30"x20"x14"

I'm not growing 10 foot tall trees

J

Jalisco Kid

I was curious what you had in time and money for one of your tanks. Hope you get to that point where you are burning herb from a system you made. JK

DeRail

DeRail

nice build I am getting ready to do he same thing on a smaller scale.

N

noone88

I was curious what you had in time and money for one of your tanks. Hope you get to that point where you are burning herb from a system you made. JK

On each tub/mini-res? Parts cost on each tank is pretty small: Tub is like $15 and the 2 uniseals are $6 each. As for the time, it's hard to say. I'm getting faster every single time and each room is becoming more and more complex. I'm guess-timating, but from an empty drywalled room to ready-to-flower took me 30 hours over 3 days by myself.

I have a perpetual veg grow room in another location, so every flower room I finish, it's filled with plants as soon as the room is complete.

squarepusher

squarepusher

is astroglide the best way to get uniseals to slide in? How does it compare with soapy water?

Will be going a uniseal project in a few weeks or so.

R

RMCG

is astroglide the best way to get uniseals to slide in? How does it compare with soapy water?

Will be going a uniseal project in a few weeks or so.

Windex works pretty good. Better than soapy water I found.

C

CannaCure

Go with 3" bulkhead's and will never have any problems... plus you need the flow to turn the system over faster with a 27gal tub that's a lot of water per module..

N

noone88

Thanks for the link. Yep, bulkheads is the definitely the way to go. For my 10 tub setup, I would need 23 bulkheads which is $460.

Gonna see if I can find the a MIP to slip adapter in 3" (heh) at home depot/lowes.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Uni's Seal the deal

Cut your pvc 45x45 degrees and lube it with dish soap...too easy, takes a kittle effort but so does anything worth a shit.....no angled cuts or not enough lube and forget it.

Bulkheads$$$$ are great but are likely to fracture your tubs in the event that you move them from anything other than a 90 degree angle relative to the pvc, or completely perpendicular to the tub.....Uni's allow for variable angles which is nice for cleaning, reconfigurring, etc. IMO

R

RMCG

Cut your pvc 45x45 degrees and lube it with dish soap...too easy, takes a kittle effort but so does anything worth a shit.....no angled cuts or not enough lube and forget it.

Bulkheads$$$$ are great but are likely to fracture your tubs in the event that you move them from anything other than a 90 degree angle relative to the pvc, or completely perpendicular to the tub.....Uni's allow for variable angles which is nice for cleaning, reconfigurring, etc. IMO

Not to mention less than half the price of bulkheads.

3" uniseals are ~7$.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Did you check the price on 3" hose? Besides you'd still need a way to connect it to the tubs.

45x45 degree cuts + Lube = ;)

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Asstroglide and when your done you can use it for other things:D Soapy water is ok but dosent work as good JACK..:D

Top Bottom