Undiscovered Genetics??

• Thread starter RaptoR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RaptoR

RaptoR

Good day all

Not sure if this the right place to ask this... But does anybody think that there is still undiscovered families/genes/landraces out there?

Reason I am asking is coz I work in Angola/West Africa. Over here it isnt too hard to come by the MariJ. But is usually really old weed , mixed with a lot of stalks and pips. People here dont know too much about cultivation , curing , breeding etc etc... But sometimes it really gets the job done in terms of the high. Its usually a headbuzz high and not a couch lock telling me that there has to be some sativa genes running around the wild...

I am very curious to try and take some beanz home with me to grow and see what comes out.

But I also dont want to be wasting my time....Do you guys think it will be worth it and to give it a go?

G gnome

G gnome

Good day all

Not sure if this the right place to ask this... But does anybody think that there is still undiscovered families/genes/landraces out there?

Reason I am asking is coz I work in Angola/West Africa. Over here it isnt too hard to come by the MariJ. But is usually really old weed , mixed with a lot of stalks and pips. People here dont know too much about cultivation , curing , breeding etc etc... But sometimes it really gets the job done in terms of the high. Its usually a headbuzz high and not a couch lock telling me that there has to be some sativa genes running around the wild...

I am very curious to try and take some beanz home with me to grow and see what comes out.

But I also dont want to be wasting my time....Do you guys think it will be worth it and to give it a go?
Absolutely!!! Grap some seeds for me while ur at it!

RaptoR

RaptoR

Cool! Im gonna see what I can gather and get back home. Who knows...maybe Im lucky and I get a diamond in the rough! And it wouldnt be too hard to get some to you G gnome. But , on one condition... if it turns out to be a strain worth breeders´ time , at least one hybrid should be named after my wife!!! :)

RaptoR

RaptoR

So I just got some Indian landrace sourced by the guy who traded me I also have a ton of Mexican sourced from some specific region I cant think of right now

Both man both

LoL! Ill post some of the beanz in a while...usually I just chuck all the seeds , so ill have to go and dig them up from my stash! Id love to swop some out for some of yours!! Ill give you mine if you give me yours!!lol!! Thatll ´definitely be a win for me then , and who knows , maybe youll hit it lucky aswell!!! LOL!!
Admin , please dont ban me for suggesting a trade.
As for the wife , such a loving mom!!
DSC 0164

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Certain landrace Indian strains, along with highly coveted Chinese landrace (only seen the yunaan landrace from Bodhi)
There is still plenty of genetic material out there to find/make something special. I recently smoked some Hawaiian landrace x Maui wowie, never have I ever had the pleasure of smoking such a happy euphoric strain. Never smelt such unique indescribable terps.

RaptoR

RaptoR

DSC 1300

I will definitely give these little ones a chance to show me what they can get up to. Pretty curious now!! Pity
Im gonna have to wait another month before I get home before I can get them wet and germinated... Managed to gather about 25 or so so far. Been a bit naughty at work and germinated one as a office desktop companion. Could land me in deep shit though... Probably not the best idea!!! Taproot showed today and planted over into a plastic cup. Wil take a pic once she breaks into open air.

RaptoR

RaptoR

iv heard o people growing out seeds they got from shit weed that turned out great when grown properly so if the stuff u got the beans from was actually good they will deffo be worth gathering.you never know.
Thats what I am hoping for. Dunno if ill say the stuff I got was good......got the job done though.TIA after all...so I dont think they gave them any love whatsoever
Ill grow some indoors in a aquaponic system , and some outdoors so they got room to stretch , and see how they turn out.

RaptoR

RaptoR

So I managed to get the seeds home, and germinated one for now. My growspace is full up and after i this harvest Ill put some more of these in the box. Hope this one turns out female. Can see some sativa stretching there or is it too early to tell?
DSC 0038

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice. I’m interested to see how they do. I’m sure you’ll take better care of em than the previous grower so you’ve got a good chance of finding some really unique strains. Just make sure to take clones for backup.

RaptoR

RaptoR

Very nice. I’m interested to see how they do. I’m sure you’ll take better care of em than the previous grower so you’ve got a good chance of finding some really unique strains. Just make sure to take clones for backup.
Dude , Me aswell , so excited to see how itll turn out. Compared to the Jack Herer shes almost twice as tall , and they germinated the same time! Will definitely be taking clones down the line!

RaptoR

RaptoR

I just read about the Doug Varin strain...apparently from west Africa...Congo I read somewhere...which is a neighboring country to Angola...Have I stumbled across a family member of the Varin? So much more excited now to grow them out!

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Could be. Could be something completely different but related. Africa has quite a few landrace strains and you may have found something nobody else has. Hard to say really. Just cross your fingers and hope for the best. Very interested to see how they turn out. Good luck!

T

Thebigrim69

I just read about the Doug Varin strain...apparently from west Africa...Congo I read somewhere...which is a neighboring country to Angola...Have I stumbled across a family member of the Varin? So much more excited now to grow them out!

That's so awesome! If you have any more seeds // you'd be willing to trade for or take payment I'll do either! I bet nobody else has this!

RaptoR

RaptoR

That's so awesome! If you have any more seeds // you'd be willing to trade for or take payment I'll do either! I bet nobody else has this!
I do hope this turns out to be something special. I only have a few seeds at this moment. Ill try and get some more when Im out that side again . Ill trade some anytime... But could be very tricky getting them across. Recently had a few seeds I purchased confiscated by customs. Now im a bit paranoid to try import/export seeds. Its legal to groe privately here, but illegal to buy seeds....

Top Bottom