Unknown Seeds Help For Sexing

• Thread starter Perv46
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have some at about 3 1/2 weeks in veg, they are in beercups.

I have put them under 12/12 as I think beercups are too small to leave them in for 5 to 6 weeks to show sex naturally, and I have too many to put in bigger pots and then fit under the lights.

I will leave them under 12/12 for a week and by then I think they would have started forming pre-flowers, even though they may be too small to see, and then I will put them straight back under 24/0, and they can re-veg at the same time as they form the pre-flowers that had started forming under 12/12.

Looking to get my numbers down quickly both for legal purposes and also for easier management.
You may on your next run want to reconsider your approach and this is only a friendly suggestion. What I am getting at is your are most likely going to get pretty rootbound in those solo cups and one of the side effects of becoming too rootbound is there is some evidence both anecdotal and science that when allowing young starts to get RB you run the chance on having a higher % of plants sex out as males.

Maybe plant fewer next run so you can uppot them before they get RB. Again just trying to help you out but I understand your space is limited. Hope this run goes well.

In closing a suggestion is when you get to actually transplanting be sure to gently "tickle your roots" and loosen the roots up somewhat before repotting. Just take care to not damage the rootzone too much. or have the rootball fall apart in your hands. Then after repotting your females when you water for the first week or so water at the outer edges of your pots forcing the roots to reach out and travel to find the moisture. This will faciliate and hopefully alleviate a condition called "teacup as at times if they are too rootbound the rootball or zone will stay compacted and not really branch out the way you would want them to. I hope this helps some.

Top Bottom