Unopened Expired Foliar Pack Still Good?

• Thread starter Thriv3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thriv3

Thriv3

Hey fellow farmers! I just purchased OG Biowar foliar pack from a local hydro store and noticed it expires in 2 weeks 12/2017. I read on OG Biowar's website that these are good 2 years after date of purchase (does that mean after opening?). I guess my question is, should I return the pack or will it be good enough to still use? BTW props to @Capulator on the packaging, it's so much nicer than the paper bags this stuff used to come in LOL!

Thriv3

Thriv3

Expired is expired. Microbes are best when used before a 2 year period. If you are not using it in 2 years, stop buying it. :)

I'd probably be done with the pack in a couple of months. Since I just bought the pack Friday I was wondering if the expiration date meant the microbes are probably dead by now or if it meant microbe density is going to taper off slowly after December.

eyeball

eyeball

I would return it to the store and buy direct from the OGbiowar web sight using the coupon code, but then again Cap just told you to stop buying it :) so maybe an alternative product like Great White works well.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

He didn' say stop buying it. He said it may not be viable after the expectation date.

H

hawkman

if "liquid" pay attention to "expire date" if "powder" will last a very, very long time. I would still use it even if it's liquid; what else give it away, throw it out , or use it ?? (you don't want to give somebody something you know that might not work well)

B

Burned Haze

If worry of dead (spore count) I would just add 25%-50% more to just more sure something is alive and steady ( maybe that’s me but why throw it away or let it become more expired in time ? )

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom