Update From 9 Days Ago Some Direction Or Advice Would Be So Appreciated.

• Thread starter inreverie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

inreverie

just feels like it isn't doing any new growth except for slightly more pistils. photo album above proves female. seed germinated and put in soil May 1st 2018.

Followup from 9 days ago. Advice SO appreciated. Since then I dropped lights to 18/6 and then to 16/8 and finally 12/12. I introduced tiger bloom nutes once and got the very very tips of the fan leaves a little burnt, and although I am getting more pistils by the day now I am not getting as many as I thought I would have by now. Not much vertical growth at all which is probably my biggest concern as it's supposed to stretch around this stage unless it did a couple weeks ago when i was constantly moving the light every day or two, however the latest vertical growth was alternate node which i take to be a good sign it just feels i havent had much growth in the last nine days. I have had it on 12/12 for almost a week now so i suspect the plant has had no decision but to begin flowering. MY question is what is the absolute best thing I can do for my plant to ensure I get even a small yield. This is my second grow and i just want to be able to say i brought a plant to flower. It was an automatic anesthesia from pyramid seeds but did not come in original packing when i got it from single seed centre and after 6-7 weeks still was showing me no signs of flowering and I had it on a 24/0 light cycle. These are a few shots that should hopefully give you a good idea at where my plant is at I know you guys know way more than I. ALSO, about 5 days ago I removed the bottom three fan leaves at the base leaving the budding growth just above. you may be able to see these in the pictures. If my one and only objective is to bring this female to term shitty yield or not what can I do? thanks everyone!

EDIT: germinated seed went into soil on May 1st, 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
H

heisen

I removed the external pic link,upload your pictures here using the upload file button.

william76

william76

If its only 7 days since flip uv plenty time yet for flowers,should stretch a bit anytime now too depending on strain! Takes a few weeks to get going,good luck!,76

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Well its all strain dependant, if you like you can get it down to 11 on 13 off but a little patience is better imo. Also the stretch is strain dependant too. If you want big yields you will need bigger lights and a little training next run. This one seems like a “lost cause” since you’ve already flipped and there is not much training left to do imo.

P

Pass2TheLeft

I dont think its to late to train it LST if you have the space.i would pull it over as much as i could everyday without breaking it and lower the lights to compensate this way you probably get 3x as much

william76

william76

Let her stretch!,shell be a bigger plant then go from there.76

I

inreverie

Well its all strain dependant, if you like you can get it down to 11 on 13 off but a little patience is better imo. Also the stretch is strain dependant too. If you want big yields you will need bigger lights and a little training next run. This one seems like a “lost cause” since you’ve already flipped and there is not much training left to do imo.

I think the moderator removed my link to my original post from 11 days ago but the place I bought it from Single Seed Centre (Pyramid Auto Anesthesia Feminized) said it should begin flowering in 4-5 weeks, which it certainly didn't do. This is what convinced me the genetics were fucked and I'd have to just initialize flowering with a 12/12 cycle (entering week 7). But I originally started it on a 24/0 cycle and it grew fantasticly fast and stayed healthy. Since I'm still a noob and this is only my second grow I just want this one to flower. I'm not so concerned with yields as I am just getting to that stage and I am seeing more and more pistils by the day, just not much upward growth which I thought was very strange and brought me here to ask for help.

I

inreverie

I dont think its to late to train it LST if you have the space.i would pull it over as much as i could everyday without breaking it and lower the lights to compensate this way you probably get 3x as much

Can you be more specific when you mean pulling it over? Do you mean the main cola? Is there a place online I could find some pictures of this form of LST? Thanks for the help!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

Yeah lst can be done anytime but that plant is too tall he really has to be careful not to break anything. When i said too late to train i meant high stress like topping, fimming, supercropping etc. lst is always good.

Enforcer

Enforcer

IMO, a week into flower doesn’t leave a whole lot of options for training. He could pull that plant over a little. But even if the auxiliary branches did start to come up, they would only grow for another week or so before setting buds. That’s not enough time to do any productive training.

P

Pass2TheLeft

IMO, a week into flower doesn’t leave a whole lot of options for training. He could pull that plant over a little. But even if the auxiliary branches did start to come up, they would only grow for another week or so before setting buds. That’s not enough time to do any productive training.
Problem is his light has no penetration pulling it over would help massive then lower the light atleast then his plant would get equal light to the whole plant and grow much better

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
By the way what is the wattage and the type of light you are using?

I

inreverie

By the way what is the wattage and the type of light you are using?

I am using two of those for the one plant. I think she's starting to stretch again and I am noticing more and more pistils by the day. The fan leaves at the top are also starting to practically grow on top of each other this is a good sign I hope anyway... Day 56 Auto Anesthesia (Black Domina x Northern Lights)

And yeah I realize I didn't train this plant for shit but it was a great learning experience and have a few more seeds of the same genetics to play with. Don't know if I should go 24/0 next time or 18/6 with the autos for primary vegging.

IMG 20180625 174842
IMG 20180625 175038
IMG 20180625 174853
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I am using two of those for the one plant. I think she's starting to stretch again and I am noticing more and more pistils by the day. The fan leaves at the top are also starting to practically grow on top of each other this is a good sign I hope anyway... Day 56 Auto Anesthesia (Black Domina x Northern Lights)

And yeah I realize I didn't train this plant for shit but it was a great learning experience and have a few more seeds of the same genetics to play with. Don't know if I should go 24/0 next time or 18/6 with the autos for primary vegging.

Imo there isn’t much difference with 20/4 and 24/0 never tried 18/6 but i can recommend 20/4 instead of 24/0 to save energy and maybe other problems like heat.
I looked at those lights they are not bad but i think you are seriously underpowered. I mean i wouldn’t grow with those lights if i had the option and the budget. If you have go for it. 18watts led are not going to get you good yields imo and you will be disappointed at least get more of that bulbs. I use 320 watts led for 2 plants, maybe a little too much but more is better when it comes to light.

I

inreverie

Imo there isn’t much difference with 20/4 and 24/0 never tried 18/6 but i can recommend 20/4 instead of 24/0 to save energy and maybe other problems like heat.
I looked at those lights they are not bad but i think you are seriously underpowered. I mean i wouldn’t grow with those lights if i had the option and the budget. If you have go for it. 18watts led are not going to get you good yields imo and you will be disappointed at least get more of that bulbs. I use 320 watts led for 2 plants, maybe a little too much but more is better when it comes to light.

What would you recommend if the most I'd ever have is 2-4 plants, wanted to stick with LED, and restricted to the space of a closet?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I am by no means an expert but you can get quantum boards people seem to love them. Blue and red diode leds are fine too -chinese blurples mostly, people say bad stuff about them, i don’t love them either, but it will be better than what you have right now- if you don’t have the budget and diy knowledge.
I think the 320w true watts leds i have -red, blue and white diodes smd- can grow 4 plants with good canopy management and scrog so i think you should stay in that area when picking one. By the way for closets qb could be just perfect because you can get them at different sizes and assemble acording to your space.

Bigdawg15009

Bigdawg15009

Check these out. I love them. They make my life so much easier.
Instead of using string and hoping you have somewhere to tie to when training your plants get these they are amazing. Clip to the side of your pot or press it into the dirt where ever you need them to go. Check out the pics i use them every day less stress on me and my plants during training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom