Upgrading From My Vipars And I’m Super Frustrated Please Help!!

• Thread starter Jimjon22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimjon22

i actually have the problem most people would enjoy having, I don’t know what to spend 600$ on

My vipar 450s (2) in my 2x4x6 tent have done great for their cost! My last grow yielded 1.2g per watt, I also SCROG’d, Topped, LSTd, défoliated, and used big grow, oneness/ginormous/carbonaria as well as silica blast and Calimag.

But im ready to step it up!

I’ve come down to two choices and I can’t effin decide: Quantum Boards or Timber Grow Light COBs

From what I’ve read on their site it looks like the quantum boards will give the same amount of light while pulling a lot less from the wall?? These are what I’ve come down to:

3 of these:
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/all/products/hlg-100

Or 1 of these:
https://timbergrowlights.com/model-4vl/

Now to make things even crazier, I was thinking of getting 2 sets of each, one at 4000k for veg and one at 1750-3000k for flower

But for now, please help me with the differences between the specs of the two for my 2x4x6 tent, no matter how much research I do I’m always frustrated!!

I am leaning towards the Timber lights

Any help is appreciated

DismalDude

DismalDude

I'm a big fan of Timber so...

20181003 094421

J

Jimjon22

Damn those plants are huge!!! How far down does the light penetrate? Do you lollipop these at all or is the bud on the lower branches quality??

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I just ordered hlg 600 quantum can't wait to check it out. Sorry this don't help in just excited to switch from hps.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Damn those plants are huge!!! How far down does the light penetrate? Do you lollipop these at all or is the bud on the lower branches quality??
Week 3 today.Going to defoliate and slight lollipop tomorrow but lower branches get good nugs too.

J

Jimjon22

I would look at this one for a 2x4 footprint. , Love my Quantum boards in veg and flower.

WOW that’s awesome! Seriously considering this. I’m trying to find a PPFD footprint chart for those timber lights to compare.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
WOW that’s awesome! Seriously considering this. I’m trying to find a PPFD footprint chart for those timber lights to compare.
This qb board fixture would give you 40 watts per square ft. I only run mine at 25-30 watts per square ft.

Top Bottom