Using Dehumidified Water For Dwc

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I was wondering if there's a consensus on using water from the dehumidifier for your DWC system?

Of course you would need to clean every part of the dehumidifier more often then not. Wouldn't the water in the catch tank basically be distilled?

Not that doing things on the cheap should be a growers first and foremost concern but everyone is in a different situation.

It could even be more cost saving than just buying water. You don't need a heater because the exhaust from the dehumidifier can warm the room if needed. Or if the rooms to hot you can run the exhaust out of the breather hole and have to use the exhaust fan less.

I don't know! What do you think?

G gnome

G gnome

I was wondering if there's a consensus on using water from the dehumidifier for your DWC system?

Of course you would need to clean every part of the dehumidifier more often then not. Wouldn't the water in the catch tank basically be distilled?

Not that doing things on the cheap should be a growers first and foremost concern but everyone is in a different situation.

It could even be more cost saving than just buying water. You don't need a heater because the exhaust from the dehumidifier can warm the room if needed. Or if the rooms to hot you can run the exhaust out of the breather hole and have to use the exhaust fan less.

I don't know! What do you think?
Yes u absolutely can use condesate from both ur dehumidifier and ur air conditioner. Ur absolutely correct its essentially distilled water. It comes out at 0ppm.
on the left is my air handler for my ac on the right is my dehumidifier and what i did was pipe em together w pvc and then down to a barrel.

Top Bottom