using great white by plant success

• Thread starter cityfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cityfarmer

cityfarmer

at this time I am using the recommended amount but I am curious what others are using.

S

smokestack23

If you use the GW to make an EWC tea you'll use a lot less of it.
Plenty of info on EWC tea all over the place.

G

gudkarma

seriously... very little.

1/2 scoop per gallon is a waste.

...more like 1/2 scoop for gallons.

i take a 3.5 gallon bucket of water, put a 1/2 scoop in, lid with 2" hole w/ foam collar, air stone, and small air pump.

"brew" for a day or two (i like 2) ...and when done put about 4 fl oz of this "brew" in each bucket.

while i stoped running dwc, i love me some great white.

i have been using it in an experiment where (and i DO NOT suggest u try this unles you are experienced) i innoculated a bubble cloner with a fresh water change, threw in some rooted cuts, and havnt changed the water for 5 weeks... working bomb!

obviously, when using great white hydro you can not use h2o2.

i use it on my cuts which have never rooted faster (i have 120 cuts going at any one time) , in my propagation bubble cloner , use it on my moms... one of the best products ive ever purchased.

brewing it up : less = more

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
seriously... very little.

1/2 scoop per gallon is a waste.

...more like 1/2 scoop for gallons.

i take a 3.5 gallon bucket of water, put a 1/2 scoop in, lid with 2" hole w/ foam collar, air stone, and small air pump.

"brew" for a day or two (i like 2) ...and when done put about 4 fl oz of this "brew" in each bucket.

while i stoped running dwc, i love me some great white.

i have been using it in an experiment where (and i DO NOT suggest u try this unles you are experienced) i innoculated a bubble cloner with a fresh water change, threw in some rooted cuts, and havnt changed the water for 5 weeks... working bomb!

obviously, when using great white hydro you can not use h2o2.

i use it on my cuts which have never rooted faster (i have 120 cuts going at any one time) , in my propagation bubble cloner , use it on my moms... one of the best products ive ever purchased.

brewing it up : less = more

glad u wrote this as i was just thinking about doing this myself. i have move to a new spot and am having all kinds of problems with my EZ cloner. think its the new water source or the fact i clean it with bleach...IDK. but im gonna buy some R/O water use soem great white and give it a shot. the stems constanly are gettting a slime on them. even with temps in the low 70s never going higer then 72 in the room.

G

gudkarma

glad u wrote this as i was just thinking about doing this myself. i have move to a new spot and am having all kinds of problems with my EZ cloner. think its the new water source or the fact i clean it with bleach...IDK. but im gonna buy some R/O water use soem great white and give it a shot. the stems constanly are gettting a slime on them. even with temps in the low 70s never going higer then 72 in the room.

my man... i just dealt with this hardcore... honestly thought i had "new room sickness".

had to stop bubble cloning completely till i could get plants rooted.

we're talking about : not being able to root cuts in a system that requires rooted cuts all the time!

obviously, not having cuts ready to go at the right time has an effect 1) on my $ bottom line and 2) my headstash.

all not fucking cool!

i have to say, with OCD, i couldn't clean anything else... there was nothing left to sterilize... and over & over again ===> slime on the stems.

then, after tons of research, i moved to rockwool & great white.

kid, i havent looked back.

using the 2" cubes that fit perfectly in my bubble cloner san netties, and experimenting further, i have already run out cuts to full beards on water (solution) i'd would NEVER leave that long in a cloner... faster than ever before.

5 weeks on the same dwc cloner rez & the water smells perfectly normal & is clear & lovely.

i'm AMAZED.

in my bubble cloner, there's a 500ppm solution of grow nutes, one cup of great white "tea", and a ph of 5.8... works bomb diggity!

great white is THE ONLY product (or similar) i can actually dick ride after years of growing.

packed up all but one cloner, knocked off 235w (24hrs) off my electric bill and went to mondi domes & rockwool & great white.

when everything roots, i give each cube a super light feed of molasas & grow nutes.

when the cubes dry out a thrid time, i feed (dip) just grow nutes.

100% awesome.

Cuts have never rooted faster.
Cuts have never looked so beautiful.

...and the transition (effect on plant going under the 600w) from the dome to the ebb tray easier than ever!

to back up my claim, my partner (who gave me a huge sample, thanks homie!) uses it with the same success.

to be clear, gudkarma NEVER EVER NEVER endorses anything unless he's 100% sure it will work for you.

i use it.

my partner, with a huge set up as well, uses it too.

without a doubt, if i knew about GW when i was experimenting with dwc my results would have been out-fucking-rageous!

puff, puff, pass....

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
my man... i just dealt with this hardcore... honestly thought i had "new room sickness".

had to stop bubble cloning completely till i could get plants rooted.

we're talking about : not being able to root cuts in a system that requires rooted cuts all the time!

obviously, not having cuts ready to go at the right time has an effect 1) on my $ bottom line and 2) my headstash.

all not fucking cool!

i have to say, with OCD, i couldn't clean anything else... there was nothing left to sterilize... and over & over again ===> slime on the stems.

then, after tons of research, i moved to rockwool & great white.

kid, i havent looked back.

using the 2" cubes that fit perfectly in my bubble cloner san netties, and experimenting further, i have already run out cuts to full beards on water (solution) i'd would NEVER leave that long in a cloner... faster than ever before.

5 weeks on the same dwc cloner rez & the water smells perfectly normal & is clear & lovely.

i'm AMAZED.

in my bubble cloner, there's a 500ppm solution of grow nutes, one cup of great white "tea", and a ph of 5.8... works bomb diggity!

great white is THE ONLY product (or similar) i can actually dick ride after years of growing.

packed up all but one cloner, knocked off 235w (24hrs) off my electric bill and went to mondi domes & rockwool & great white.

when everything roots, i give each cube a super light feed of molasas & grow nutes.

when the cubes dry out a thrid time, i feed (dip) just grow nutes.

100% awesome.

Cuts have never rooted faster.
Cuts have never looked so beautiful.

...and the transition (effect on plant going under the 600w) from the dome to the ebb tray easier than ever!

to back up my claim, my partner (who gave me a huge sample, thanks homie!) uses it with the same success.

to be clear, gudkarma NEVER EVER NEVER endorses anything unless he's 100% sure it will work for you.

i use it.

my partner, with a huge set up as well, uses it too.

without a doubt, if i knew about GW when i was experimenting with dwc my results would have been out-fucking-rageous!

puff, puff, pass....

thanks man. so instead of the pucks ur using nets in the cloner? and u put the rockwool cubes in that? is the pump on a timer? or are u just dicthing the cloner all together and using trays and domes in rockwool?

im am sorry for the hijack bro btw. this is the last question

G

gudkarma

works like :

1) make the "brew" using (my choice) tap water & great white

a) cause you're gonna it brew, do something like a 1/2 scoop to two gallons (ish). i use a fish tank pump, small air stone, and no timer. two days.

after two days, i pop the rockwool in the bucket ...after i unplug/remove stones & pump.

i keep the leftover solution for my mothers, hempy projects, etc but not my rezzies cause i roll sterile rez for flower.

2) when brew is complete in two days , ph to (my choice) 5.8 (ish) , and soak rockwool cubes for 24 hours

a) i use 2" becasuse on its own you can do trays & get good growth from one cube ...just in the tray ...& also because they happen to fit my home made cloner real nice (like nice & tight)

b) i "squish" them into the cloner instead of the usual netty & collar

c) only after they've rooted under the trays & domes

3) take cuts & dip in hormone & put in GW, ph'd, & pre-soaked rockwool ... & place in tray 30 to 35 per tray. dome on till roots. play with vents when convienent.

a) i squeeze some water in/out of the cubes sevral times before i take from the bucket & squeeze a little excess from the cube as i pull it from the bucket, & place cut.

squeezing is like "breaking the fibers up" ...not the right words... but you're a smart grower & know what i mean.

4) you can weigh cubes & trays to check for "dryness" or "moistness" .. i dont ...my homie does

5) yes... i basically ditched all "power cloners" for trays & domes.

a) best choice i ever made. simpler. effective. works. more reliable. saves me electric & amps. neater. cleaner. on & on.

b) like i noted above, i set up a 30 site bubble cloner & have been experimenting with rooted rockwool cuts (i got from cali, kinda crazy cause i cant replace them, but that speaks to the confidence i have with GW) in the bubble cloner.

c) cause i hang out in euro grow site & opengrow & etc... i saw a few farmers (breeders actually) that do the rockwool cube, rooted, into the bubble cloner thing... so i cant take credit for it :-) but it does work awesome.

Afghan kush 011
Opengrow march 001
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
im still lost u say u squish them into your areo cloner after they are rooted, in stesp B and C. so u root cuts in rockwool then put into an areo cloner this si the part that is confusing me in all ur posts.

G

gudkarma

im still lost u say u squish them into your areo cloner after they are rooted, in stesp B and C. so u root cuts in rockwool then put into an areo cloner this si the part that is confusing me in all ur posts.

i'm so sorry kid. i'm taking an extended 420 break between rez changes & lab work :harvest:

1) no aero cloner. ONLY bubble cloner (which i do state :-)

my homemade bubble cloners use netties & collar (are u stuck there aero guy?)

2) my "regular method" is now mondi trays & domes + rockwool & GW

old school rockwool & domes.

3) my previous method WAS bubble cloning

4) yes... i rooted cuts in GW soaked rockwool (like regular) & THEN, just as an experiment, squoze :-) the wet rockwool cube into bubble cloner (in place of a netty)... and the rootd cut grew down into the bubble cloer rez like (if your had a neoprene collar & netty).

we good.

i'm here till we get it right.

puff puff pass...

WigSplitta 1 018
deacon1503

deacon1503

Has anyone heard anything about Plant Success's new liquid myco product called Orca?

G

gudkarma

i've experimented with bontanicare's ZHO with great results.

if your not superstitious like me, it's cheaper than GW.

i'd bet, as long as you brew it, nearly any myco product will work good.

C

cancerleo

Question, if the EM, in this case the Great White need organic molecules to breed and feed, then adding it to hydro is pretty useless, unless those specific EM can use something like molasses or the chem fert available form. Otherwise I think they would just starve and die, the Myco... they'd get into the roots and they'd get fed and perhaps their waste would be food for the bacteria... but I don't know as a fact that you aren't just wasting money this route, anyone care to clarify?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

If you can access it in your area, the Age Old myco supplement is water-soluble and way cheaper than Great White. It also will raise the pH of your nutrient solution, if only temporarily. I use it in my organic soil grows. I did a big test on GW for Urban Garden Magazine, and I'll never attempt a grow without some kind of myco supplement. It helps prevent all sorts of problems, from pH fluxuation to disease prevention. You can also use GW as a foliar spray to crowd out PM.

G

gudkarma

from all the research i've done, i can tell you great white is used in tons of different applications with great success.

from all the real life growing i have done, i can tell you great white is bomb.

in dwc , in the cloner , anywhere!

have u ever run dwc to make the "it's a waste" claim ... or just read about it on the internet?

i only reccommend & wax at length on things i know.

this isn't philosophy ...this is biology.

and sharing information with other farmers to me is NOT shoulda, coulda, or woulda.

i share only shit i did & shit i know is fact.

no... i read this somewhere and now you try it.

yes... i read about it, i tried it several times with success and in different situations, and it will work for you

obviously, there are limitations with GW.

i assure you GW in dwc will work excellent! i still use a bubble cloner (dwc). im on a rez change that's old as hell. i just top it off with myco tea and adjust ppm & ph.

in this cloner i have an irreplaceable cut from cali... thriving... growing beastly.

& i know for a fact, people use it with + results in a variety of ways.

not the powder... a tea ... a simple great white brew.

with regard to myco in hydro, it's used to "crowd out" other nasty microbes.

you "seed" them into a fresh bucket change. root rot doesn't stand a chance then.

if i roll sterile rez for flower, using h2o2 every 5 days, great white is a waste.

you're right there.

...when i put new cuts down for flower in my sterilze rez system, i still use myco tea as a foliar.

& oh my!

works so good plants (rooted cuts) make the transition from an 80w fluro to 800w of hps "master roasting blastedness" in one day.

one full day!

& i drop a tray of cuts every three weeks.

so i assure you i've tried it (and other ways) a bunch.

anywhere from 25 to 75 cuts (different size trays) needed every three weeks just to keep the system going.

at the cut stage, with rockwool soaked in GW, explain to me how that's 1) wasteful , 2) doesn't work , or 3) useless.

how many cuts do i average roughly per year?

at the above stage and as a foilar, explain how (even in a sterile rez) GW doesn't work?

dont take my direct nature for belligerence. no no.

it's not about making war like some many of these douche bags do, its about informing & changing perception.

i absolutely hate it when somebody gives me the surface gloss but cant back it up with a single grain of substance.

meat & potatoes bitches :-) life isn't a fucking game of GTA

stay blessed in the finest herbs!

music : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6amjr5Y3BM

~gud

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Gud Karma again." :)

1st.artuning

& i know for a fact, people use it with + results in a variety of ways.

not the powder... a tea ... a simple great white brew.

with regard to myco in hydro, it's used to "crowd out" other nasty microbes.

you "seed" them into a fresh bucket change. root rot doesn't stand a chance then.

Like you said: no powder use a tea in DWC....

Latest posts

Top Bottom