Uv Lighting Suggestions

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

When you said 2.5 by 2.5 tent is that feet or meters? Because if it's feet 1lb is not possible in my opinion. I'm in a 2' by 4' by 78" and there is no way I can get a lb dry.
2.5 x 2.5 feet
i know its probably pushing it just using the quantum board at full blast (260 watts) but its a goal that im shooting for, whether i will achieve it is questionable, but i want to max my yield/potency as much as possible in the small space, after i get it maximized in this smaller setting i will move up in light and tent size
i only got 2 ozs off of my last grow, was running the quantum board at 140 watts, also had bug problems.
i have been doing preventatives to keep pests away ( weekly neem spray and using botanigard es and also a mosquito drench in rotation)

H

Hdinkleman

When you said 2.5 by 2.5 tent is that feet or meters? Because if it's feet 1lb is not possible in my opinion. I'm in a 2' by 4' by 78" and there is no way I can get a lb dry.
how long are you vegging for? im talking about growing a monster 1 plant that will literally fill the tent lol

New school

New school

2.5 x 2.5 feet
i know its probably pushing it just using the quantum board at full blast (260 watts) but its a goal that im shooting for, whether i will achieve it is questionable, but i want to max my yield/potency as much as possible in the small space, after i get it maximized in this smaller setting i will move up in light and tent size
Square footage matters for yield.
20190207 123152
20190207 123423
20190207 123152
20190207 123423
20190207 123254 HDR

20190207 123309
H

Hdinkleman

the strain i grew said 500-800 grams per sq meter. i only have approx .75 sq meters so i would be happy with a half pound, but i am still shooting for a full pound

H

Hdinkleman

what can i do to increase my stem size? the soil plants stem are tiny lol

H

Hdinkleman

https://www.invalid.com/t/just-clear-and-amber-trichomes-is-it-possible.491682/

i know this is a different forum but i was reading this thread here.

i almost think the LACK of uv light causing my trichones to not turn milky, it looks almost to have no milky trichones, my finished bud looks 50-50 clear/amber

anyone else had this happen before? im really dissapointed in the quality of my bud, i thought the quantum board would of grown very good weed

H

Hdinkleman

Growweedeasy says a fan will increase the size of stems to fight the breeze

i have a fan blowing, and also the carbon exhaust 24/7
also read online that the fan blowing on stems is wildy over exaggerated, more of an old stoner myth bro science type deal.
i can have a fan blowing on stems 24/7 and i will never get a main root like your pictures lol

New school

New school

i know this is a different forum but i was reading this thread here.

i almost think the LACK of uv light causing my trichones to not turn milky, it looks almost to have no milky trichones, my finished bud looks 50-50 clear/amber

anyone else had this happen before? im really dissapointed in the quality of my bud, i thought the quantum board would of grown very good weed
You may have to do a two phase harvest. Lower buds that don't get enough light take longer.

New school

New school

Having a single light source creates more shadows. A single 260 is not as good as 2 at half power or four turned down. You'll find it harder to create a flat canopy because the stems directly under the light source will grow faster than the rest.

LedsOrganic1

LedsOrganic1

Hi i was planning on getting some type of uv led light to go along with my current lighting. has anyone done this before here? well im sure someone has lol. Basically i want to know what worked and if you could post a link to a good one, that would be great.
I was thinking on some type of uv led strip i could hang horizontally on the back wall of my tent.
Any suggestions let me know please, thanks in advance
What is your price range? When it comes to UV, especially UVB, you get what you pay for. So-to-speak. If you want to benefit the most from using uvb, specifically the 285nm wavelength, plan on spending over $10 per watt. I’ve looked at Japanese suppliers like alibaba dot com. They have all kinds of great UVB options if you’re looking for rigid strips with enough output that they don’t have to be super close to your plants. If you are supplementing UVB, try to aim for around 10% of your total wattage from your main grow light. Place them close enough to where it looks like your plants are slightly light stressed. Then slowly, each week move them further away from the plants. They should also only be on for a small % of the daytime hours, focusing on mid-day to recreate outdoor environmental conditions as best as possible. Best of luck!

Freshone

Freshone

There is only one UV bulb worth buying if you go that route and thats the solacure,it blows everything else out of the water and its not 10 a watt,lol.

H

Hdinkleman

What is your price range? When it comes to UV, especially UVB, you get what you pay for. So-to-speak. If you want to benefit the most from using uvb, specifically the 285nm wavelength, plan on spending over $10 per watt. I’ve looked at Japanese suppliers like alibaba dot com. They have all kinds of great UVB options if you’re looking for rigid strips with enough output that they don’t have to be super close to your plants. If you are supplementing UVB, try to aim for around 10% of your total wattage from your main grow light. Place them close enough to where it looks like your plants are slightly light stressed. Then slowly, each week move them further away from the plants. They should also only be on for a small % of the daytime hours, focusing on mid-day to recreate outdoor environmental conditions as best as possible. Best of luck!

i dont have a price point.
my tent is 2.5 x 2.5 ft and i have the hlg 260 inside it
what is your reccomendation for uv? i will spend whatever
i thought you wanted uva not uvb? i dunno let me know, appreciate the help

H

Hdinkleman

There is only one UV bulb worth buying if you go that route and thats the solacure,it blows everything else out of the water and its not 10 a watt,lol.
fuck yeah! i checked out the solarcure thats what im talking about, im buying the 2 pack as soon as i get my check next week, thabks! ill post back when i get them and discuss how to use it more then thanks so much man!

H

Hdinkleman

wow the seed selection on this site is crazy, i dont know why i ordered the nirvana and crap king seeds...

Latest posts

Top Bottom