Uv Lighting Suggestions

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

They look healthy.. how old are they? Did you start them in the large smart pots? What is your watering schedule like? Is it 100% soil? Or did you add coco or anything like that?
59 days from seed, one is soil the other is terra canna pro plus, started in .3 gallon airpots, been waiting at least a week in between watering, ive really emphasized a good watering schedule, transplanted into 10 gal airpot weekend before last and the 3 gallon one this last weekend
think im getting some ph issues, getting a few random leaves that arent fully formed and strangely burned, i think its ph

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

This is a great article if you have questions about UV.
https://hightimes.com/grow/grow-hack-does-uv-light-increase-cannabis-potency/

(DEPENDING ON GENETICS) Personally I believe in using about 20-30 minutes of UVB
Here's a great and cheap UVB lighting on amazon.
Its a, Zilla Reptile Slimline Reptile Lighting Fixture with UVB Lamp, 18-Inches
At about $40 it's great for 2x2 to 4x4. Remember it is just to add to THC production. If you are mainly concerned with high CBD, this is not a necessity.

4173EN3QkxL
H

Hdinkleman

This is a great article if you have questions about UV.
https://hightimes.com/grow/grow-hack-does-uv-light-increase-cannabis-potency/

(DEPENDING ON GENETICS) Personally I believe in using about 20-30 minutes of UVB
Here's a great and cheap UVB lighting on amazon.
Its a, Zilla Reptile Slimline Reptile Lighting Fixture with UVB Lamp, 18-Inches
At about $40 it's great for 2x2 to 4x4. Remember it is just to add to THC production. If you are mainly concerned with high CBD, this is not a necessity.
i ordered a kindled micro flowering bar, should work good
got a good deal on it too, was 50% off at 69.99 instead of 130$

London bud

London bud

Ive got 36w of uva light in with my vegging plants, four 9watters. I have them on 18/6 with no problems, the leaves under the uv are a little healthier looking than the other leaves.
Uvb light damages the plant in time i believe but like @LedsOrganic1 said i believe it can potentially increse potency a little when used sparingly in flower, i havent tried though.
Uvc light would kill the plant, its used to sterilize things. Uva is the safest form of uv light to be working with, for you and the plant I think.

Last edited:
H

Hdinkleman

18" reptile uvb florescent. On a timer for 45 minutes mid day.View attachment 861795Couldn't find a photo of just the florescent don't mind the monos. At least the cobs are not on. Lol
how many watts do you have onthat reptile light? i went to my local pet store today and they have 3 different strength uvb reptile bulbs, i didnt purchase one yet because. i dont jnow which one to get, they have 13 or 26 watt but each one has a different strength of uvb

London bud

London bud

uva does not affect trichome production, uvb is the one you want
Im using the uva in veg, I'm gonna turn it off in flower.
There's no proof the uvb in flower will increase trich production, the theory behind it sounds feasible though.
What is proven is that uvb causes damage to cells so you have to weigh your bets

H

Hdinkleman

Im using the uva in veg, I'm gonna turn it off in flower.
There's no proof the uvb in flower will increase trich production, the theory behind it sounds feasible though.
What is proven is that uvb causes damage to cells so you have to weigh your bets

this is a promo for a uvb light, but it is cited by a chinese professor.
i have been using the uva light in my t5s granted its not a ton, its exposing the plants but the uvb is the one that cant be left on full light cycle would be the one that wohld make more sense to activate a plants defense mechanism, thus uvb is what i assume is the one i am looking for

9B0B0E83 EE50 4917 8760 273ED3F8ECF8
H

Hdinkleman

the reasearch is observed by some chinese guy in poland its at the bottom of the ad
410F5DBE 7BEF 44EE 9BBD F0C4B3F79A4A

that sold me on it, and gives me a guideline of what and how much i am actually looking for.
how do i convert that to watt otput from a light though haha

London bud

London bud

this is a promo for a uvb light, but it is cited by a chinese professor.
i have been using the uva light in my t5s granted its not a ton, its exposing the plants but the uvb is the one that cant be left on full light cycle would be the one that wohld make more sense to activate a plants defense mechanism, thus uvb is what i assume is the one i am looking for
I believe itll outweigh the negative if used in short bursts . I'd use uvb in flower if I had it, trying things is the only way you'll ever really know if something works

shaganja

shaganja

i really am confused how i have so many amber trichomes and not mich milky, some of my buds look golden, there are so many amber trichs which from reading GROWWEEDEASY.com i was under the impression that my buds had to be ready.
i think growweedeasy is not a very good website, lots of bad information and fear mongering by nebula haze, the cannabis donald trump lol
there is contraversy on amber trics. all plants are different and show different patterns. some get amber before milky even shows up. some dont get very milky at all. we use a general way to tell but it is very basic and doesnt help for exoctic strains. some say seeing amber first is a sign of good genetics. so.........what do i know? lol sorry to make this more confusing.

shaganja

shaganja

ok so this seems to be the end all product i have found for providing uvb, ill purchase this and run it with the qb and the micro and i will be satisfied with adding uv to the tent

https://www.growtechgarden.com/products/california-lightworks-solarsystem-275-led-grow-light-1?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwvbLkBRBbEiwAChbckelFkO9fw9hSFC3uQKtZEpoKnqMy5mbIr1VXBHIw6Ef-ZhVr8XOo4RoCwXQQAvD_BwE
htg has agromax t5 pure uv bulb. they alo have a uva by eyehortilux, and a uva by agromax.

shaganja

shaganja

I believe itll outweigh the negative if used in short bursts . I'd use uvb in flower if I had it, trying things is the only way you'll ever really know if something works
yes. small time. they dont want a sun burn! lol i do 4 hours during peak time, to simulate higher uv levels from the sun

shaganja

shaganja

What is your price range? When it comes to UV, especially UVB, you get what you pay for. So-to-speak. If you want to benefit the most from using uvb, specifically the 285nm wavelength, plan on spending over $10 per watt. I’ve looked at Japanese suppliers like alibaba dot com. They have all kinds of great UVB options if you’re looking for rigid strips with enough output that they don’t have to be super close to your plants. If you are supplementing UVB, try to aim for around 10% of your total wattage from your main grow light. Place them close enough to where it looks like your plants are slightly light stressed. Then slowly, each week move them further away from the plants. They should also only be on for a small % of the daytime hours, focusing on mid-day to recreate outdoor environmental conditions as best as possible. Best of luck!
whats the threory on moving them away slowly? i know the further away, the lower the output, but is more evenly spread. the closer, the more intense, but also way different intensities right next to each other.

shaganja

shaganja

Are you using a 2’ or 4’ light? Those were the first I tried and I realized they needed to be very close to the plants to see a noticeable difference. Have you tried the AgroMax Pure UV? In my very humble opinion, the AgroMax Pure UV T5 bulb worked better/more efficiently than the EyeHortilux... I tried Solacure bulbs and they were STRONG.. will definitely cost a little more but well worth it. Sounds like you and I are messing around with the same lighting ideas.. I also use QB’s (best money I’ve ever spent on this hobby) but my main goal is to find some strips to change in and out whenever needed with UV strips, 660nm strips and 435nm strips.. may I ask what CCT your QB board(s) is/are? and do you also supplement IR spectrum? Or just UV?
There is only one UV bulb worth buying if you go that route and thats the solacure,it blows everything else out of the water and its not 10 a watt,lol.
agromax pure uv is good too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom