Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks man. I've got like 16 strains and only enough room to grow 9 plants. Going to try to talk my cousin into letting me run the greenhouse this year.

Because of my lack of room I was wondering if you'd be interested in breeding a strain I have. It's a couple beans from the Banana Crack this year. One bean is mature but the other is iffy. Also have two Banana Ice Cream beans to cross it with if it goes male. The BIC are right up your alley as ChocD babies and the Banana Crack is one of the best tasting strains I've ever had and it yielded over 5lbs from a single plant.

I just don't think have room to do it this year with all the new beans. You interested?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Sure that would be fun. It might be a little bit before I have room but I’m working on expanding the grow now. So hopefully here soon I’ll have more space to really do some fun stuff. And I’ve been itching to try that banana ice cream. I’ve been following your grows of it and it looks stellar.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sure that would be fun. It might be a little bit before I have room but I’m working on expanding the grow now. So hopefully here soon I’ll have more space to really do some fun stuff. And I’ve been itching to try that banana ice cream. I’ve been following your grows of it and it looks stellar.

Thank you sir, "you're a gentleman and a scholar." I'll send you a few from the other strains I just got too.

...and hey, I appreciate it. If the BC doesn't turn out for some reason, it's always a gamble, it's alright. I figure I increase the odds of success in your hands. Just send me back some beans from it (if it goes right) and I'll be happy. If you end up breeding the BIC I'll go for beans from it too but the BC is my favorite banana.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you sir, "you're a gentleman and a scholar." I'll send you a few from the other strains I just got too.

...and hey, I appreciate it. If the BC doesn't turn out for some reason, it's always a gamble, it's alright. I figure I increase the odds of success in your hands. Just send me back some beans from it (if it goes right) and I'll be happy. If you end up breeding the BIC I'll go for beans from it too but the BC is my favorite banana.

Oh you’re far too kind bro. I’m just a guy who loves cannabis. I’ll do everything I can though to make something from it. Mother Nature does most of the heavy lifting tho :-)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What is banana crack? Sorry i had just woke up when I replied so it hadn’t really sunk in. Very interested in it for sure.

Banana Crack
(Banana Sativa x Green Crack)

(My plant) Belgian/amaretto flavor, mellow energetic high, non-drowsy, low munchies. Extremely heavy yield, long narrow whiplike colas 2'-4' on outdoor but super dense and trich loaded. Weighs the same as other buds I grew 3x their sise. Lots, and lots, and lots of kief recovered. Over 4oz of high grade kief collected from trimming 5lbs+. Been smoking Banana Crack kief daily since October. When pressed the flowers make a sugar sweet, slightly piney rosin. Low % of rosin recovery per gram though. Only about 15%-18%. Rosin is hard taffy shatter-like when extracted at 200F(93C). Very little wax. These flowers have a terpene profile that stands alone. Matched that with their rock solid density, artistic high, smooth smoke, & low stick/flower ratio, an these buds put the "Yum" in premium (top-shelf). They aren't the most powerful but more of a connoisseur strain.

I have better cola pics on my computer (I'll send em in a bit). These are just what I have on this phone...
20180928 083158
20180924 132545
20180924 133200

She's the one that gave me this 3' triple cola (probably around 1/2lb+ cured).
20181004 124725

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahh very nice. That sounds awesome. Right up my alley. I’ve never tried green crack but have always been interested in it since I heard about it. I do like my sativa hybrids. Do you know what the expected flowering time is indoors by any chance? I know it’s hard to say if you’ve not grown them indoors just curious is all.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ahh very nice. That sounds awesome. Right up my alley. I’ve never tried green crack but have always been interested in it since I heard about it. I do like my sativa hybrids. Do you know what the expected flowering time is indoors by any chance? I know it’s hard to say if you’ve not grown them indoors just curious is all.

She's got the Sativa high and structure but an Indica flowering time. IMO, the perfect plant. I think about 8-9 weeks.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ahh very nice. I’m a regular on that site as well. Love the info they have. I should have looked it up. Lots of great old school genetics in there. I wasn’t sure if it was something you created or bought is why I didn’t check there first. Can’t wait to give those a try :-)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ahh very nice. I’m a regular on that site as well. Love the info they have. I should have looked it up. Lots of great old school genetics in there. I wasn’t sure if it was something you created or bought is why I didn’t check there first. Can’t wait to give those a try :)

Got two beans as a freebie last year when I ordered from Logic. The beans I have came from the one that went fem.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ahh very nice. I’m a regular on that site as well. Love the info they have. I should have looked it up. Lots of great old school genetics in there. I wasn’t sure if it was something you created or bought is why I didn’t check there first. Can’t wait to give those a try :)

Even if it goes male, this is one you'll want to chuck. Especially on those BIC.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Pots in the bottom are about 1/4-1/2 gallon. I grow them to about 12-14” and then transplant them into 2 gallon pots that go into the flowering chamber above. The plants above get to about 24-26” above the soil when finished. I top them if they start stretching too much to keep them away from the quantum board lights.

Been getting around 2-2.5 oz per plant every 8 weeks depending on strain at a cost of between $6-10/oz to produce including the cost of electricity, soil, nutes, etc.

The genetics I don’t factor in as that’s a one time cost for seeds and then I clone them from that point on so they don’t cost me anything but a rapid rooter plug to reproduce.

I grow perpetually so I’ve always got something going in and coming out. I’ve got this last round bunched up a little. Should have a decent harvest mid feb to end of feb and then nothing for a few weeks until the middle of March. I may end up putting a couple more plants in flowering as I have room for 10 but currently only have 8 in there. But if needed I can add a couple more.

I also have 1 gallon flowering pots but those require frequent watering mid to late flowering so I don’t use them anymore unless I’m testing out new strains and want to flower them early to cram more of them in a smaller space.

You're making that look so easy! Assuming there is no light leak from the bottom up to the flowering chamber?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You're making that look so easy! Assuming there is no light leak from the bottom up to the flowering chamber?

Correct. I’ve designed grow spaces over the course of many years and have made all the mistakes that folks do when doing so. When I designed this I knew it was not ideal but rather practical and economical. Not to mention modular in a way most grow spaces just aren’t.

I mean I can unplug and roll my grow space across the room or to another area of my home. How sweet is that? Not that I ever do mind you but I could.

But back to the subject at hand. When combining two photoperiods into a single unit there is always going to be the possibility of light leaks and something as simple as duct tape has allowed me to keep all light from escaping to the other section. Now let’s say in a couple months when I start using this for veg only as I expand to a larger area the light leak issue won’t be anything I need to worry about. But for now I do take care to make sure no light is leaking from each section.

The negative air pressure inside from the ventilation system sucks in the sides somewhat so there’s no light leaking. That was the easy part. And quite frankly when I tested it out originally that was my main concern. But once closed up the negative air pressure does all the work and I’ve not had any issues so far.

That being said I don’t have the bottom veg area light tight as it’s not required in my setup but you could do exactly as I have in the flowering chamber to keep any light from escaping or entering. But in my setup as I’m running it, it’s not needed. Just need a little bit of duct tape and you’re good to go.

And I realize duct tape isn’t the most glamorous solution. But it’s also not permanent so the unit remains modular. There’s a fine balance between functionality, usability and flexibility that has to be considered when designing such a space. But there’s nothing like it on the market today and I’m proud of how well it turned out.

Sure you can make one cheaper and I hope folks do. But you probably won’t make one as nice, solid and long lasting for the price I’m offering this one. The rack itself is commercial grade and can hold 13,000 lbs. I can stand on the middle shelf and jump on it and it won’t move. That’s why I’ve also adopted this kind of shelving units for my small commercial line of grow racks that I’m presently focused on.

Those are 4x4 units that are perfect for commercial applications and most commercial grow lights as it’s the perfect footprint for them. Fluence, FGI and HLG all have a 4x4 light footprint they use as standard and most commercial hydroponics trays are also 4x4. So for very little money a commercial grow op can double their canopy space without expanding their facility and build aisles where theolants are accessible from all sides anytime they need.

Sorry to post so much info. It’s just I’m passionate about this stuff and want the world to know what I’ve got to offer. My commercial racks start at $249 btw ;-)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Correct. I’ve designed grow spaces over the course of many years and have made all the mistakes that folks do when doing so. When I designed this I knew it was not ideal but rather practical and economical. Not to mention modular in a way most grow spaces just aren’t.

I mean I can unplug and roll my grow space across the room or to another area of my home. How sweet is that? Not that I ever do mind you but I could.

But back to the subject at hand. When combining two photoperiods into a single unit there is always going to be the possibility of light leaks and something as simple as duct tape has allowed me to keep all light from escaping to the other section. Now let’s say in a couple months when I start using this for veg only as I expand to a larger area the light leak issue won’t be anything I need to worry about. But for now I do take care to make sure no light is leaking from each section.

The negative air pressure inside from the ventilation system sucks in the sides somewhat so there’s no light leaking. That was the easy part. And quite frankly when I tested it out originally that was my main concern. But once closed up the negative air pressure does all the work and I’ve not had any issues so far.

That being said I don’t have the bottom veg area light tight as it’s not required in my setup but you could do exactly as I have in the flowering chamber to keep any light from escaping or entering. But in my setup as I’m running it, it’s not needed. Just need a little bit of duct tape and you’re good to go.

And I realize duct tape isn’t the most glamorous solution. But it’s also not permanent so the unit remains modular. There’s a fine balance between functionality, usability and flexibility that has to be considered when designing such a space. But there’s nothing like it on the market today and I’m proud of how well it turned out.

Sure you can make one cheaper and I hope folks do. But you probably won’t make one as nice, solid and long lasting for the price I’m offering this one. The rack itself is commercial grade and can hold 13,000 lbs. I can stand on the middle shelf and jump on it and it won’t move. That’s why I’ve also adopted this kind of shelving units for my small commercial line of grow racks that I’m presently focused on.

Those are 4x4 units that are perfect for commercial applications and most commercial grow lights as it’s the perfect footprint for them. Fluence, FGI and HLG all have a 4x4 light footprint they use as standard and most commercial hydroponics trays are also 4x4. So for very little money a commercial grow op can double their canopy space without expanding their facility and build aisles where theolants are accessible from all sides anytime they need.

Sorry to post so much info. It’s just I’m passionate about this stuff and want the world to know what I’ve got to offer. My commercial racks start at $249 btw ;-)

I bet you haven't made my mistakes. I'm a special kind of stupid. Hahaha, JK.

I was about to ask what your prices look like. You should post them more often. I was thinking like $1k, that's why I didn't ask any further about a possible purchase. What's the shipping rates like to Cali? That's gonna be the kicker for me.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s free shipping to anywhere in the continental USA. I figured that into the price of the unit. I should maybe price it differently but with amazon giving free shipping with everything I figured it would be better to just figure it into the price.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It’s free shipping to anywhere in the continental USA. I figured that into the price of the unit. I should maybe price it differently but with amazon giving free shipping with everything I figured it would be better to just figure it into the price.

In that case I may be ordering one from you this spring/summer. If it wasn't so inexpensive I'd ask you to throw in a couple of those G-G-Growing Pots... How'd you like that name for them? If not, I can come up with others. I'm pretty experienced/good at advertising/marketing concepts.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually I’m loving The Growing Pot. I have made a few adjustments to the design and might make a couple more small tweaks.

So the reason I call it that is about 10-12 years ago I thought of it and drew it out. I was in my grow room transplanting / uppotting a plant and was like this is stupid. Why are we still doing it this way? Why can’t I just remove the bottom and add more soil underneath? I waited and waited and it never came to the market. I figured someone would have made it by now. So over the years I’ve always joked with my wife that I should have made “the growing pot” as we nicknamed it. This last year I had a falling out with my old business partner. He started selling units of our device behind my back after I sunk three years and hundreds of thousands of dollars into the business. So I walked away. Sure I could have sued him but whatever, I don’t need him, he needs me. He tried to release the product three other times and failed. We partnered up and I made it a huge success. Even featured on the front page of yahoo.

So I was left with no product to sell. I’m a salesman. Have been my whole life. I like to push products that I believe in and have done well doing just that. So the wife says to me why don’t you make “the Growing Pot”? I looked at her and said, ya know that’s a great idea. So I started the process. I had hired an engineering firm to do the design and initial prototype. They did nothing but drain my bank account. They came up with a decent design but it was way to expensive to have made. So I started tinkering with different ideas and designs. I thought about maybe a disposable version made from coated cardboard that included soil. But that seemed wasteful. Then my brother bought me a 3d printer for Christmas so I started tinkering with some CAD designs and have made some prototypes that I’m currently using. And it works just as I anticipated. The one I’m using now is a little tall so I’ve made the sections shorter and that model looks great. My only fear is I’ve designed this to fit my rack and not tents and general container gardening. So I think I may go back and make it larger so it would be better for use in tents and patio container gardening.

Really I’ve been in a holding pattern while I’m using it and testing it all out. But I’d love to have your help in promoting it and getting it to market. I really feel it’s a great solution and the results growing in it have been fantastic. I just need a little help getting over the hump.

Top Bottom