Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

I'm guessing you're using tap water for all your mixes. You keep them on hand sitting like that without an air stone, and for how long? I was under the impression water sitting without an air stone raises the level of chloramine. I've been strongly advised not to let the water sit without air stones for more than a day because of this. (hydro store advise) But I've seen plenty of your grows and you don't seem to have issues. So it's obviously working for you without ill effect. I'm also guessing you recheck the PH before application. I have had a mix sit for a few days and the PH climbed over that time when I rechecked it.

Phylex

Phylex

I'm asking because it would be easier to keep unused nute mixes rather than dumping them every time

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
My veg nute mix is: Calmag, Sea Green, Rootamentary and BioBizz grow or fish mix or both.

The flowering mix is: Calmag, Sea Green, a bit of rootamentary, paleo bloom, BioBizz bloom, mammoth p and bud candy.

The additive mix is all the additives in the BioBizz line mixed together.

For watering I alternate between tap+, hh + Calmag + recharge (either ph version) and one of the nutrient mixes. Early in flowering I use mostly the veg mix and late in flowering I use mostly the flowering mix. I keep the veg mix going to just past the mid way point in flowering and will hit them with it as needed from that point on. The last week or two are straight tap+ water.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm guessing you're using tap water for all your mixes. You keep them on hand sitting like that without an air stone, and for how long? I was under the impression water sitting without an air stone raises the level of chloramine. I've been strongly advised not to let the water sit without air stones for more than a day because of this. (hydro store advise) But I've seen plenty of your grows and you don't seem to have issues. So it's obviously working for you without ill effect. I'm also guessing you recheck the PH before application. I have had a mix sit for a few days and the PH climbed over that time when I rechecked it.

I’ve mixed them and let them sit until I need them for years. Never had an issue. They will start to smell a little after a few days but it’s not a big deal really. Imo it takes the edge off as the bacteria has ample time to get activated and situated.

I don’t measure the ph after the initial mixing. I could but I don’t really like to mess with ph very much. With soil it’s not really needed. You’re not going to be able to make drastic changes in the soils ph unless you do it over an extended period of time.

Imo hydro store owners would like you to dump as much of your bought and paid for nutes down the drain so you have to reup more often. That’s just not needed.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
With organics it takes a little time for things to break down. So the more it breaks down before being added imo the better. It might not be ideal but it works for me.

Phylex

Phylex

That's good to know. I'm glad I asked. I'll worry much less about it now, and save my left overs. Thanks

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Now don’t get me wrong. This works for me with the nutrients I use. I’ve had nute lines in the past that stunk to high heaven to the point where it was unbearable. Earth juice comes to mind. They suggest letting that sit 24 hours before using it but after about a week it’s nasty. It might still work just fine if you keep a barf bag handy just in case.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
BioBizz is mostly sugars and carbs so it benefits from a little fermentation. I like it as it doesn’t smell to bad but the plants love it. It’s not strong or concentrated so you need a good amount of it per application but it also won’t burn your plants as easily.

Other organic nutes you have to be more careful with.

Some think you can’t burn plants with organics. I’m here to tell you that’s just not true. It may take more to do it but it can be done. Many organic nutes use a mixture of immediately available nutrients and time released nutrients. And the quicker they are available the more risk there is to burning.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I found BioBizz back in about 2004 when Advanced Nutrients was really starting to blow up. AN was so damn expensive back then. They were strictly a salt based powdered fert line with multiple parts. To buy the whole line was stupid expensive. So I kept searching for a good organic line. I used Age Old Organics for several years and loved it. It was made locally (at the time) and didn’t smell. It was a simple two part formula. But then I found BioBizz and once I tried it I never looked back.

A few months ago I was talking with logic and he talked me into giving the trial pack of Primordial Solutions a try. I’m glad I did. It helped a lot. But then the plants started showing deficiencies. So I did a little more research and found it should be used with another nute line as it doesn’t have everything the plants need. So I started mixing the two and sure enough things got better again and that’s where I’m at now.

I will sometimes mix just Primordial Solutions and just use it and sometimes I’ll just mix BioBizz and just use that. Just depends on how I feel and wether I think they can use one or the other or both.

It really is just a gut feeling as to what I think they need.

Phylex

Phylex

That's where I'm at now. I supplement Emerald Harvest with Primordial Solutions. I like the emerald harvest line and will continue to use King Kola and Honey Chome, but once it runs out, I'm considering looking for a different base. Only because of cost. I'm sure there are plenty of less expensive options that would work just the same. My plan is trying PK 13/14 on this next run too. I'm trying to hone in what works best for me and find something to stick to. Here's my snapshot

Base nutes: In search of a mainstay
SeaGreen
Rootamentary
TrueBloom
King Kola
Honey Chome
Mammoth P
PK 13/14: haven't used it yet, but sure it will be great and become a mainstay
Sturdy Stalk

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I go through them every few months. The cost is negligible. I do have some other jugs available and will get to them once these wear out. It’s just easier to recycle them than clean them out.
Wait until one of those flimsy handles break! The OJ jugs are better imo and just as easy to clean..I even out water in them to store outside (freezing) for hash making.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That's where I'm at now. I supplement Emerald Harvest with Primordial Solutions. I like the emerald harvest line and will continue to use King Kola and Honey Chome, but once it runs out, I'm considering looking for a different base. Only because of cost. I'm sure there are plenty of less expensive options that would work just the same. My plan is trying PK 13/14 on this next run too. I'm trying to hone in what works best for me and find something to stick to. Here's my snapshot

Base nutes: In search of a mainstay
SeaGreen
Rootamentary
TrueBloom
King Kola
Honey Chome
Mammoth P
PK 13/14: haven't used it yet, but sure it will be great and become a mainstay
Sturdy Stalk
Try some Megacrop (free samples on their home page (Google it))..Cheap and good!
I switched from Canna due to coast.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Wait until one of those flimsy handles break! The OJ jugs are better imo and just as easy to clean..I even out water in them to store outside (freezing) for hash making.

It’s not hard to feel when they are starting to break down. I do have some better quality jugs waiting to be used I just don’t have them in use yet. I’ve used gallon water jugs for years.

Phylex

Phylex

I'm currently mixing in three 5 gallon, big mouth, Alhambra style jugs with spigots. My flower tent takes 10 gallons each water/feeding, and the flower rack takes about 3.5-4 gallons.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
B95FF540 6CAD 4D16 AA94 AB60FFC413EC
Day 13 from seed.

Top Bottom