Uzi (oozy) Cookies F1 By Thegrowingrack

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Sorry I'm late, forgot what time the part started. Anyway, looking good in there @JWM2.

@Phylex, I guess it depends on where you are but I don't think the cost of Emerald Harvest products is too bad, especially compared to a lot of its competitors. The only real way to bring down your cost would be to reduce your number of bottles, using a 1 part base rather than a 2 part. I like @JWM2 am liking BioBizz, with some additions. seeing as you already have your additions you could try the BioBizz bases BioGrow and BioBloom.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A guess just looking at very early structure..Think of it this way,,There is a 50% chance of my being right on each seedling....sooooo,, odds are not too bad (remember where I am from..we bet on anything here..) LMAO

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take :-)

Gotta love your spirit bro. We should take prop bets on it. Haha.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sorry I'm late, forgot what time the part started. Anyway, looking good in there @JWM2.

@Phylex, I guess it depends on where you are but I don't think the cost of Emerald Harvest products is too bad, especially compared to a lot of its competitors. The only real way to bring down your cost would be to reduce your number of bottles, using a 1 part base rather than a 2 part. I like @JWM2 am liking BioBizz, with some additions. seeing as you already have your additions you could try the BioBizz bases BioGrow and BioBloom.
Love emerald harvest I’ve been using it going on I think 3 years.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 57072361679__207F6296-B708-4911-ADEB-F10047C06F66.MOV

Here’s a quick video showing how I remove lower Bud sites that won’t get much light at the bottom of the plant when flowering. I do this through the first two weeks or so of flowering. You can leave the fan leaf and just take the bud site off by plucking it.

Note: The white residue on the fan leaves was from a foliar spray that had liquid bone meal and lime in it. I like to foliar spray my plants the first week or so in flowering.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

View attachment 854707

Here’s a quick video showing how I remove lower Bud sites that won’t get much light at the bottom of the plant when flowering. I do this through the first two weeks or so of flowering. You can leave the fan leaf and just take the bud site off by plucking it.

Note: The white residue on the fan leaves was from a foliar spray that had liquid bone meal and lime in it. I like to foliar spray my plants the first week or so in flowering.
Awesome! I think I need to start doing this more. I didn't really do it in my first grow. I've done it just a little bit this time as I get a little more comfortable, and confident at growing

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I love that growing rack...I had ideas with mylar, duct tape and costco racks..... and then i remembered....4 plants.

I will stick to it but i dont like it :D

It’s definitely an efficient use of space. I love mine. I’ve had other grow room in the past and this actually performs just as well as my best room design. The air flow is fantastic throughout it and it’s efficent use of vertical space keeps everything in a nice tight package so I don’t need to enter a room or tent to take care of them.

I can pop a chair and sit there in zen listening to the swoosh of the ventilation system and tend to their needs.

I don’t have to bend over to water the flowering plants and everything is at eye level in the flowering chamber.

It helps me find naners under buds when they pop up. So I can pick them off before they become an issue. Haven’t had to do that very much but I have found a couple.

All my tools and nutrients are tucked away and off to the sides so I don’t have a huge mess of bottles laying around. I can tuck utensils under the rack for things I don’t use often but still want access to. And due to its modular nature I can make minor upgrades and not effect the rest of the grow. In fact it takes about 5 minutes to swap my T-5 light with an LED panel in the summer when temps are higher.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound like an infomercial it’s just a very efficent way to grow on any scale. If I could grow more plants I would get more racks. If I had a plant limit and needed more yield I’d remove the center shelf and just use more vertical height. Having your plants off the floor imo is a major advantage as you don’t need to worry about cement leaching the heat from your pots.

Anyhow infomercial over. Haha.

gwheels

gwheels

I think it is beauty. And for the reasons you describe and the simplicity. :) Magnets in the material ? is that how it slides shut ?

Just wondering. My space is under the stairs so perma dark. Its a lot easier to work around.

I check them every day. Mostly to smell them grow. And to take pics. lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I use the magnets to hold the vinyl panels open when I work on the plants. Otherwise the panels just hang there. I use industrial grade Velcro attached to the rack itself and sewn on the vinyl panels. It’s a 4 panel design so each panel overlaps to create one big cover. But also each side is accessible at anytime. So the front panel overlaps the left panel. The left panel overlaps the back panel. The back panel over laps the right panel and the right panel overlaps the front panel. The Velcro on the rack is on the top and bottom only and when closed the sides get sucked in some to seal off any light leaks from the bottom chamber to the top.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I originally thought about using the magnets to attach the panels but due to the negative pressure inside (to keep odors from escaping) the panels would creep and eventually the cover would fall off. The Velcro allows for access and is strong enough that the panels never creep. It’s an expensive solution but it works great.

gwheels

gwheels

Oh velcro is better. You would need very strong rare earth magnets and then when you opened it high you would probably punch yourself in the face.

I am a more peaceful grower....no punch to the face.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Velcro......makes sense to me...
I thought maybe it was like that screen door that slaps shut with magnets.

That was my oringal vision but it just didn’t work. I wish it would have. I went through about 15 prototype covers to make it work. I’m actually using one of my prototype covers now that’s actually not nearly as durable as the final version. But I didn’t want to waste the material and it costs me about $250 in materials and labor to produce a full set of 4 panels. So I’m a little cheap in that regard. Haha.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh velcro is better. You would need very strong rare earth magnets and then when you opened it high you would probably punch yourself in the face.

I am a more peaceful grower....no punch to the face.

Yeah actually the magnets I do have are super strong. So much so they are dangerous. I can put one on the bottom of my hand and one on the top and they won’t move. Bought them on amazon. I’ve had several shatter when they find each other and that’s a whole nother set of problems as they send shrapnel flying. But even those still allowed the cover to creep. I had about 8 of them just on the top rail and another 8 on the bottom and that still didn’t hold it. Heh.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The problem is magnets hold vertically not horizontally. So even super strong magnets you can move from side to side even if you can’t pull it off perpendicular. Which was something I learned the expensive way. Haha.

gwheels

gwheels

And for the record my critical mass has 3 stalks but it is 2 plants....or im at 5 and that is not legal :D

And 2 would have filled it 3 days later. I just expected seedicide.

Top Bottom