Vacuum Sealing?

• Thread starter Elgesman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elgesman

Elgesman

Hey all...here's a question for all you weed brainiacs! Ok, what do you think about vacuum sealing in bags? I realize that it's not going to be as pretty, but will it still be as strong and tasty? I've read about freezing and know most peeps say no to that! I'm a new grower, who recently has had growing and smoking, legalized in my state, so...I grew! And I did real well...have more than I can smoke in a year...lol

G gnome

G gnome

Hey all...here's a question for all you weed brainiacs! Ok, what do you think about vacuum sealing in bags? I realize that it's not going to be as pretty, but will it still be as strong and tasty? I've read about freezing and know most peeps say no to that! I'm a new grower, who recently has had growing and smoking, legalized in my state, so...I grew! And I did real well...have more than I can smoke in a year...lol
Vac sealing is great for transport but if ur gonna smoke it then put it in a mason jar.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I vac seal in my wide mouth mason jars with a hand held mighty vac, and a wally world bought mason jar vac adapter. I only do this after the cure is done, and for long term storage. I had some strawberry cream from KK, that I vac sealed for 3 yrs. Only opening on new years for a treat. Tasted the bomb, potency was getting lost.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I like turkey bags with a 55 or 62 rh pack. Keeps them just to my liking. A friend used to vac seal & mail himself product when he was going on vacation, said it worked great.

Elgesman

Elgesman

I'm not caring about the look of it, but I am concerned on how long and how the potency will hold up. My 1st year growing in many years and I have 3 yrs until I'm drug testing free! Except for an occassional slip on vacations...lol

Dunge

Dunge

I have been sealing ounces of dry bud in Mylar bags, pulse heat sealed, with an oxygen scrubber.
The O2 scrubbers came with the ebay purchase.
Very happy with the results.
But I rotate inventory, so never have it more than six months.
I believe that removing free oxygen is beneficial.

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

E8A45835 2798 40D8 998A D16FFD654365

I wanted to share a recent photo(s) of my frozen and powdered THC.

I can tell you this with certainty - THC is continuously breaking down and there is not much that seems to stop it in my experience. Freezing it does seem to slow the degredation but without a doubt does not stop it. I can purify Delta 9 THC out of starting extract. It comes off the cold finger of my sublimation unit nearly pure as a very pale yellow compound. I pulverize it after freezing into a fine powder (upper left photo indent). This powder then is easy to load onto my device for vaping by just scooping a little out - no thaw necessary at all to dispense some.

Yet take a look at these two pictures of the same powder in the freezer taken about three days apart. In just a few days this nearly pure compound always takes on a light purple hue that shifts towards red as time plays out. As the color shifts there is an big difference in effects felt for me. I don't really have a good way to store daily med under high vacuum while frozen yet. Unknown to me if this will matter.

The color is nearly red now a week later as I deplete my medicine. In about ten days the potency degrades enough that I will run it again to refine out the red degredation product of the compound. A little purple hue is just right but too much red and it takes the nice uplifting mood off the med for me.

Once decarboxylated to Delta 9 THC the degredation is continuous from what I see which is kind of good news for the farmers lolz. It means we always need a fresh supply whether we use it up or not.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I vacuum seal my mason jars too. It works nicely. You can also buy vacuum sealing Tupperware that really vacuums it out. Vacuum sealing of any kind is the way to go.

Top Bottom