Vapable Liquid Homemade Possible?

• Thread starter Greendummy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greendummy

First off, I’m a noob. However I’ve spent what must be in excess of 500 hours researching this subject and am getting a little peeved with misinformation, contradiction, deception and everything else that seems to be involved in this business. Understandably so as companies wanna keep their techniques secret.

It seems the only way companies make a vapable liquid for pens without diluting/thinning with foreign crap like vg/pg and whatever else is through distillation. There’s one or two vids on YouTube made by labs that give you a pretty good idea. It’s always co2 extraction which is then winterised with alcohol, then purged off via distillation.

What I don’t understand is why can’t we achieve the same viscosity end product at home simply by using QWET/QWISO? Why does it always end up a shatter?
Is it the initial extraction of co2 vs bud in alcohol that makes this difference? Or is it the final purge method ie distillation vs any other form of evaporation that make this difference?

Also, when it comes to terpenes, I read that those which come off during distilling the winterised fluid are crap, and called “foot” or “fishy” and can’t be readded back to the oil. Does this mean the only way of getting good flavour is to add third party terps at the end?

Can a distillation type viscosity be achieved at home without the use of distillation equipment?

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I can't answer your main process question, but I do know that flavored oils you find such as FlavRx do in fact use food grade terps to mimic the flavor provided by the flowers. Basically, terps are terps so they add back in same terps that flowers had.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I make about 100 carts a month. I now only use distillate as the base, then add terps back in to thin it out for use in a cart.

My concentrate guy hooks me up with half the terps collected.

I used to add peg400 to thin out. UNTIL I seen it' super bad yo smoke past a certain temp. It actually turns to formaldehyde. Yikes!

Slow rising bubble. Takes 60 seconds or longer to rise up.

My ppl are spoiled rotten. I have 12 terp
Profiles then can choose from.
20171219 185157

G

Greendummy

Someone in another forum said decarbing at the end will make it more runny and less shattery, but wouldn’t that make it less tasty? How much terpene loss is gonna occur boiling off the last of the alcohol at 250f?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Decarbing activates it for ingestion. It would more or less return to its thick consistency after it cools back down.

H

hawkman

do you smoke "terpene's
IS the answer just plain no then? These two companies from the UK (cbd only, not thc) seem to mix with like 50 and 60% terpenes? I emailed one company and they said that's all it is, but isn't that amount of terpenes overkill?

So this would work by melting shatter and terpenes together maybe?
do you smoke "terpene's" ? seen that one can place a drop on some dry other place a few drops on a paper towel and put it in a jar with .. for 24 hrs (if you do this use a very small amount (( 1 drop))

H

hawkman

do you smoke "terpene's

do you smoke "terpene's" ? seen that one can place a drop on some dry other place a few drops on a paper towel and put it in a jar with .. for 24 hrs (if you do this use a very small amount (( 1 drop))
no vape !!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use 6 drops, 8 max per gram of distillate. This fills 2x .5 carts. It' not overpowering at all. A 50/50 terp/concentrate (imo) would taste like you chugged the bottle of terps.

P

progeny-prodigy

i make co2 oil and make prefilled carts and there r many different aspects and the biggest thing no one has mentioned is cart choice cause there r tons and most r designed with a wick lik cotton or glass fiber and basically u cant use anything thicker the veg glycerin so u need high terp levels. i use tank designed for thick oil and i put my co2 wax in them with no post processing. the way i extract leaves enough terps to be honey consistency and that works directly in the carts i use.
there r products around this lik wax liquidizers that i hav used and can say they work but dont taste great and dont produce much smoke cause is basically peg 400 with alil pg and flavorings

one tip if ur trying to make something at home with ethanol is make sure u thoroughly winterize it cause it basically wont mix with pg or vg at all until u do. (im currently in a room with a little mason jar of vg and one of pg that i added ~ 6gs of raw co2 wax to each, heated and emulsified many times. but vg always separates right when it cools and pg slowly separates but neither is holding enough to be a potent ejuice).

limonene seem to work at all proportions but if u put more then 2% limonene it will taste lik lemon pledge

i hav heard fractional coconut oil can be used as a vape base and i kno that coconut oil can hold a shitton of oil thats one of my next experiments

P

progeny-prodigy

I make about 100 carts a month. I now only use distillate as the base, then add terps back in to thin it out for use in a cart.

My concentrate guy hooks me up with half the terps collected.

I used to add peg400 to thin out. UNTIL I seen it' super bad yo smoke past a certain temp. It actually turns to formaldehyde. Yikes!

Slow rising bubble. Takes 60 seconds or longer to rise up.

My ppl are spoiled rotten. I have 12 terp
Profiles then can choose from.
View attachment 767900
i love ur stuff man but u put ur delicious sounding mix in those carts? i kno they work and r adequate but i think u would be much better off with a newer design. im not trying to sell u anything but i hav used those before i will never go back after finding better alternatives at similar prices

H

hawkman

I use 6 drops, 8 max per gram of distillate. This fills 2x .5 carts. It' not overpowering at all. A 50/50 terp/concentrate (imo) would taste like you chugged the bottle of terps.
Yea ! too strong "terpe's" taste like @#$%

Latest posts

Top Bottom