Vape From Herb, Alcohol And Vg By Hand.

• Thread starter llarosa16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

llarosa16

Hello! Total noob looking for direction. I was interested in taking some herb and turning it into eliquid without conventional extraction methods. I ran across a recipe that seemed simple: Grind, decarb with heat, place in mason jar, fill 1/4 inch above herb line with 200 proof alcohol and store in cool dry place for 10-14 days making sure to shake it vigorously. Then separate with cheesecloth and add VG. But I forgot to decarb it first but I’m glad because I’ve read a ton of stuff that makes me think it’s not that simple. The step I am at is I’ve got a strained bunch of green alcohol in a mason jar. And a fresh bottle of restaurant grade VG.

My goal was to make vape old school without using the “harmful” chemicals PEG or PG. now I’ve read so much I’m very confused about what my next step should be.

I really like the idea of waiting 4 months for it to debate naturally but I also read about solarizing to remove chlorophyll and the cooking it in Pyrex at 173ish. Again all fascinating and inconsistent and I’m not sure what nexts steps should be. Also is the left over material good for anything?

I thank you in advance for any direction on this endeavor!

Lisa

Toaster79

Toaster79

You want to do a quick was with alcohol and freeze everything before wash and keep it in the freezer afterward. Use double coffee filter instead of cheese cloth. You want your extract as clean as possible and wax and lipids free otherwise the coil will gunk up pretty quick.

If using VG you'll have problems keeping it from separating I'm using PG for that reason.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah VG is not good. I've tried it a few times and it always separates. PG allows the extract/concentrate to be suspended. What I do is press my own rosin using a rosin press, then heat the PG to 140-160 degrees on a double boiler and mix in my rosin. Takes about 5 minutes and its ready to inject into cartos. I use CCELL carts as they have given me the best results. Just be sure not to buy the off brand ones, they leak. Buy the CCELL carts with the logo on the side. I pay about $5-10/cart. Anything cheaper and you run the risk of getting counterfeit carts. Good luck. BTW i've been doing this for a while and it works better than anything else. No decarb needed as the heating element gets it to the right temp to activate the THC.

Top Bottom