veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

what if your using an r.o filter... which one should you use? my water ph is like 7.4-7.8 with ro and 150-200ppm

Depends on the medium you want to use. I was told by HR that the Tap/Hard will cause PH issues in coco because the coco absorbs the acid buffers

Soft/RO(starting water of 0.0-.3EC)and HD(starting water of 0.2-.3EC) work well with coco

Soft/RO(starting water of 0.0-.3EC), and Tap/Hard(starting water of .4-.7EC), and Hd(starting water of .2-.3EC) work well with rockwool

Soft/RO(starting water of 0.0-.3EC), HD(starting water of .2-.3EC), Tap/Hard(starting water of .4-.7EC), and Dirty(I forget the starting water reccomendation for this one) work with peat moss.

And yes your membrane is bad. It should be no more than 50ppm or .1EC with a decent rig. Sometimes they have a slight break in period and some work better than others. At the start mine was pushing 50ppm but now its down to 30ppm.

Last edited:
xeamonk

xeamonk

ive used seaweed extract in the past with other hydro nurtients with promising results so i cant speak for V+B yet but it seems compatible with V+B having aminos etc,?

i wil be introducing em-1 shortly to repair the damage caused by fungus gnats and clean out all the crap they left in my pots

J

John kaplan

Can anyone offer me some insight please I grow in tupur which is coco I just bought the v+b dirty I also use ro water I realize I should have gotten the ro/soft mix but I contacted HR and they told me I could use the dirty just to stay on top of my runoff ph, what's best way to maintain runoff and soil ph and what should my ppm/ec and ph be before watering any information is helpful not trying to sound inept just eager to learn

hiboy

hiboy

Can anyone offer me some insight please I grow in tupur which is coco I just bought the v+b dirty I also use ro water I realize I should have gotten the ro/soft mix but I contacted HR and they told me I could use the dirty just to stay on top of my runoff ph, what's best way to maintain runoff and soil ph and what should my ppm/ec and ph be before watering any information is helpful not trying to sound inept just eager to learn
Follow their instructions at 4-5 grams a gallon
They know their product best
Hb

Wisher619

Wisher619

maintain a ph of 5.8-6.0
ec/ppm really is determined by your plant
some like it high and some like it low

justiceman

justiceman

I have not used Dirty so I can't speak on it, but if it's anything close to HD then it should be fine. Tupur is just coco and perlite right?

The guys already stated this but I'll repeat just so you can see we're all on the same page. ph5.8-6.0

As for the dose I start low at around 2-3g per gallon with small plants and slowly ramp it up to the 4-5g recommendation. Like wish said. Some like it high and some like it low. My EC values have looked like this for my current run just to give you a ballpark figure.

Seedlings: .4-.6EC
Early Veg: .7-.8EC
Full Veg: .9-1.0EC
Early Flower 1.1-1.3EC
Full Flower: 1.4-1.6.EC

I really don't like to pay attention to runoff pH when hand watering unless I'm seeing some issues but even then I take it with a grain of salt. If you want to play it safe and keep your medium from going acidic I would add .2EC(100ppm) worth of tap water to your RO water if you can. The bicarbonates should act as a pH buffer and react with the acid buffers to help stabilize the mediums pH. Hope all goes well for you!

J

John kaplan

Sorry if I sound inept but if I don't ask I will never learn, what is best way to raise ec level

I appreciate the information tremendously btw and yea it's just coco and perilite

justiceman

justiceman

Sorry if I sound inept but if I don't ask I will never learn, what is best way to raise ec level

I appreciate the information tremendously btw and yea it's just coco and perilite
No worries buddy we all gotta start somewhere. In short the best(and only) way to raise or lower EC is by adding or subtracting the specified amount of nutrients to a specified amount of water. 1gal with 2g would have a lower EC than 1gal with 4g.

There are a bunch of great people here that help out and many awesome threads exist here as well so be sure to check em out!

Here are a couple links below you may want to read up on. It's a good site with organized information.

PH Pen Guide
EC/PPM Guide

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

This really is a good site for info and there are some really knowledgable people here willing to help, there are also some here that feel their way is the only way. When you read threads keep in mind there is more than 1 way to do this. There are so many things that factor outcomes, it doesn't make one way better than the next. With cannabis you can be told and given all the info you need but in the end experience, you actually doing it is how you are going to get the most out of your grows. Use what you learn as guidelines and not hard set in stone facts because it will change. Good luck and if you have questions just ask. justiceman and Wisher619 are really good at putting processes into words that are easy to understand.

Ohh and have fun with it, if you are not enjoying it then its just work. lol

Tonythetiger

Tonythetiger

I’m growing in a 20 gal Dwc tote and am using Veg + Bloom Tap/Hard does anyone know a solid feed schedule that works best? Including how much to use when topping off?

Vic1992

Vic1992

yeah, about a teaspoon. In veg I use around 3/4 teaspoon or so.. I have my next batch of clones in veg ready to replace the above flowers... really sweet to not have to switch products for different phases of growth. here they are on veg+bloom after 2 weeks out of dome under t5s
thc1a.jpg
thc1b.jpg

Top Bottom