Venting Into The Roof

• Thread starter Leedsgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leedsgarden

Hi guys new here just needing some advise and some tips I'm wanting to vent my tent into my atic I'm putting a 6inch box fan up there just wondering if I would have problems or anything any advise is taken on thanks in advance

L

Leedsgarden

High humidity will cause mold and ruin batt type insulation. If your going to your attic why not just install a roof vent and run to there or vent out you soffits.
Thanks for that yea I have a old vent up there I will have to adapt it to a 6inch but I think that would work

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have been venting up into my attic for 20 years without any problems but i live in a low humidity area.
i did the same last house i remolded,split into the ac vent and ran a vent to the closet and ran exhaust out same hole,by the time i was done had three holes ,2 holes for exhaust out into attic,and ac vent in,used that styrofoam board from home depot,cut same size as attic opening ,ran all vents to the holes tape the shit out of them and ran like that for 4 yrs

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I guess it depends on how adequate the ventilation of your attic is. I live in Canada and even with adequate ventilation in the attic in the winter time the temp difference between inside and outside is huge like -40F outside to 75F inside. That warm moist air freezes building up ice and in the spring it melts and soaks your insulation and can leave water stain inside on your ceiling. I have seen this with poorly installed bathroom fans.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I guess it depends on how adequate the ventilation of your attic is. I live in Canada and even with adequate ventilation in the attic in the winter time the temp difference between inside and outside is huge like -40F outside to 75F inside. That warm moist air freezes building up ice and in the spring it melts and soaks your insulation and can leave water stain inside on your ceiling. I have seen this with poorly installed bathroom fans.
im down south ,no such thang as snow hahahah,take that back did see 1 day of snow ,but it melted before 9am,winter here is about 3 weeks long,just summer and fall,fall is when all the leaves fall off the trees in middle of summer from months of triple digits lmao

M

mendel

Clean it with carbon, and blow it into your living space. it will keep you warm, lower yer heat bill,and make your boogers soft. I have seen ice in an attic too, it goes like shit.

Top Bottom