Vertical 360 Light Micro Grow Box

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

Everything I've read indicates that topping while in veg will reduce internodal length. On the other hand topping at or during flower is generally not recommended. I'm going to continue to research this topic. If anyone has input please chime in.

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer, I'll take you up on the doodle. I'm horrible at visualizing things!

Sorry for the late reply, totally forgot. I haven't drawn anything but basically: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/barebulb-hedge-growing-and-lanky-strains.53537/

I'm thinking if you put all 4x lights on the left OR right wall of the cabinet, and run some sort of screen/cage
vertically and train your plant to that you'd make best use of your lights in there. Imagine a vertical scrog of sorts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vertical scrog then click on the Images tab for more ideas.

timmur

timmur

Thanks forsaken! The design is a result of the limitations and benefits of T5 lighting combined with the idea of 360 light to maximize growth of the entire plant.

forsaken

forsaken

I think someone needs to design a geodesic dome grow box, with each panel sporting a CFL. Haha now that would look cool! (if not practical)

timmur

timmur

@20kwDreamer
You obviously have a lot of experience growing, but I have to ask why you think that putting all of the lights on one wall and running a vertical scrog will out perform the light from all sides design.

timmur

timmur

Just a quick update to let everyone that this thread is still alive! I just got back from vacation and am waiting on this DWC setup for growing seedlings in until I weed out males and select a single pheno. Once it gets here I'll start posting pics of the grow.

1366308821307-1351257499.png

timmur

timmur

Another quick update with photos of the wiring; cab is complete! Just waiting on the seedling DWC kit. Let's grow already!

Pay no attention to the junk in the last photo. I still have to clean up the space.

IMG 2917
IMG 2928

Grow Up

Grow Up

Ready for action! Time to get growing my friend and test this creation of yours.

timmur

timmur

@Grow Up
I'm totally ready to get this show on the road! The mini DWC will be here Tuesday so I should be able to get this grow started by Wednesday or Thursday.

@XTC
Yup, compact!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It looks great and I look forward to seeing how this turns out, but I am concerned that the cabinet may be too narrow. Plants want to bush out. The next one should be 3x as wide and have 10x the t-5's!

timmur

timmur

Yeah I wish it was not so narrow. The idea was to keep the plant very close to the T5's at all times. If I were to re-design now it would be in a 2x2 tent with twice as many lights. This will be a proof of concept; it either works as intended and build a bigger one or start over from scratch. The one issue is heat. With this design it takes a ton of ventilation to cool it. If I could figure out a good cool tube design then it would be less. I'm moving 140 CFM to keep it within 5 degrees of ambient.

timmur

timmur

It begins! I have 8 zamaldelica (thanks Ace!) beans going in the mini DWC. Just stuck them in Rapid Rooters. I'll put them into the cab after I rig up a little stand for them. They fit, but just barely.
Zam Pack
Germination

timmur

timmur

Well six out of eight have germinated so far. Here's a crappy phone pic.

6 of 8

I'm gonna take them out of the cab on Monday and put them under this until I select the one to grow:

71csBZ3lcQL._SL1500_.jpg

timmur

timmur

Another quick update with a better pic. All of the beans have popped, but two of them have not pushed up out of the Rapid Rooter yet. I can see them down in there.

IMG 2933

XTC

XTC

Cool, 100% germ rate..! you'll have a hard time choosing 'the one' if they all turn out to be females...lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom