Vertical 360 Light Micro Grow Box

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

@XTC
Right. It'll be tough even if there are only a few!

@Grow Up
Thanks!

Update for today. Got them moved out of the cab and into their new home. They'll stay there until I select one for growing in the cab. How close can I put these seedlings to the light?

IMG 2934

IMG 2937

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

With fluoros, the closer the better. You can have that light almost touching the eaves and it won't cause problems.

timmur

timmur

Thanks DragonKilla. I knew that about fluoros and mature plants, but wasn't sure if it applied to seedlings as well.

timmur

timmur

Quick update. Looks like only 6 out of the original 8 are going to make it. :(

IMG 2940

timmur

timmur

Well, here's another quick update. Things seem to be progressing as expected so far.

Just a quick question regarding water and nutes. My tap water is about 80 ppm and my filtered water from my refrigerator is about 55 ppm. I also have RO water that comes in bottles that is about 2 ppm. The ph of all of the water in question is in the range of 5.5 to 6.5.

First question is which water should I use? So far I've used the water from my refrigerator @ 55 ppm.

The second question is what level in PPM should I use for nutes? I'm using General Hydroponics FloraGro. I've read that you should use about half of what the manufacturer recommends. GH recommends 400-600 PPM. Based on that, I used 300 PPM starting yesterday. Before that I used about 100 PPM.

IMG 2941

timmur

timmur

Help! Please take a look at the pics below and LMK what you think. Is it a sulfur issue?

IMG 2945

IMG 2946

Tnelz

Tnelz

I read u r using flora grow. If u don't have micro and bloom ur going to run into problems bro.

timmur

timmur

Thanks to all who responded so quickly! I was stupes and only used the flora grow part of the nutes. I misunderstood the feeding schedule. Got it now. All three parts in equal amounts according to GH. What should I shoot for regarding ppm? My original target was 300. Is this about right? Thanks again for the fast responses!

timmur

timmur

Time for an update. I still have some kind of issue, but I'm stumped as to what the issue is. I made the adjustments to the nutes as posted above and checked the pH; it was 6.7. I believe that is a little high.

So today I mixed up fresh nutes and followed GH instructions for early growth. I mixed the the three parts in the proportions indicated and the PPM came out at 780. The pH is now about 6. I won't know the exact number until tomorrow when I can use a real pH meter at work. For now I'm going by pH papers. I'm looking for advice on adjustments I need to make to nurse these plants back to good health.

IMG 2955

IMG 2953

IMG 2952

timmur

timmur

Well here's the latest update. The plants have, for the most part, recovered from the pH/nute issue. They are getting really thirsty and growth is noticeable on a daily basis! I should be able to weed out the males next week and select a female to finish growing out in the cab.
IMG 2959

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sorry for bringing up a thread that's going on six months old since last update, but I'm curious, what happened with this? Seemed like a cool concept.

It really does take a lot of air to cool a small space. I'm working with around 2 sq ft of grow space and am moving 160 CFM to keep the temps around 8-10 degrees above ambient. They just aren't efficient heat-wise.

north knect

north knect

Sorry for bringing up a thread that's going on six months old since last update, but I'm curious, what happened with this? Seemed like a cool concept.

It really does take a lot of air to cool a small space. I'm working with around 2 sq ft of grow space and am moving 160 CFM to keep the temps around 8-10 degrees above ambient. They just aren't efficient heat-wise.
Ya I'm in a approx 8sqft and even have a hard time with 2 6" fans..that and RH are difficult to control in small areas

timmur

timmur

Final update to this thread. Unfortunately before I finished the grow, I had to move out of state. I asked a friend to finish it up. He ended up stressing the plant and it hermied.

20150109 205425

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

WTF! I just read the whole thread.....for this?!?! It didnt make it?!?! Wow! I was waiting to see some frosty nugs coming out of that cabinet! @timmur you have plans for another one? I have one in the works that will be a micro perpetual....just a side project I have been working on...Looks like you got the plant to stretch pretty good...did u get it to flower? Looked like it was gonna be decent...thanks for the read! You owe us a better ending! lol!

keiksweat

keiksweat

WTF! I just read the whole thread.....for this?!?! It didnt make it?!?! Wow! I was waiting to see some frosty nugs coming out of that cabinet! @timmur you have plans for another one? I have one in the works that will be a micro perpetual....just a side project I have been working on...Looks like you got the plant to stretch pretty good...did u get it to flower? Looked like it was gonna be decent...thanks for the read! You owe us a better ending! lol!
Hey,Mikey.whats up brother.yeah cool cab wasent it

Top Bottom