Very Basic First Grow

• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
BALLLLLSSSSSS! Running out of room, had no choice but to bend the top to even the canopy. The branch snapped. It's still attached. I've tapped it up but it's sitting at about 90 degrees. Do you reckon it will heal???
I've tied it up to take some strain off it :(​
Yes, it’ll heal. I’ve done that many times. You have to make sure it’s still fully attached to where it broke to successfully heal.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
BALLLLLSSSSSS! Running out of room, had no choice but to bend the top to even the canopy. The branch snapped. It's still attached. I've tapped it up but it's sitting at about 90 degrees. Do you reckon it will heal???
I've tied it up to take some strain off it :(​
As long as it hasn't snapped totally off, it will heal fine. It might actually increase your yield by shooting up some vertical growth. If it DID totally snap off, you can stick the broken branch in about 4 inches deep in a potting soil or water, and it will root and provide another clone.

brian77

brian77

It’ll be in shock for a couple days. Don’t change anything up let the healing process do it’s thing.
I'll not touch it. Was thinking water it to try and help it. Was getting too hasty. First grow thing. I've been patient up to now, going to keep it up!

brian77

brian77

As long as it hasn't snapped totally off, it will heal fine. It might actually increase your yield by shooting up some vertical growth. If it DID totally snap off, you can stick the broken branch in about 4 inches deep in a potting soil or water, and it will root and provide another clone.
Didn't snap off so I've supported it a bit and now just be patient while it does its thing. That's for the reply

brian77

brian77

Yes, it’ll heal. I’ve done that many times. You have to make sure it’s still fully attached to where it broke to successfully heal.
It’ll be in shock for a couple days. Don’t change anything up let the healing process do it’s thing.
HI again. Been reading up a bit. I've taped it and left it at almost 90 degrees.
Should I straighten it and do put splints on it?

brian77

brian77

I'll not touch it. Was thinking water it to try and help it. Was getting too hasty. First grow thing. I've been patient up to now, going to keep it up!
One other question buddy, I've left the branch at almost 90 degrees. It's taped and supported. I tied string to keep it up. Should I tape it straight with splints? I've been reading different articles. Thanks

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
HI again. Been reading up a bit. I've taped it and left it at almost 90 degrees.
Should I straighten it and do put splints on it?
Yes, but that should have been done rite away. If it has dried out success rate will be slim and do water normally as needed.

Erick31876

Erick31876

One other question buddy, I've left the branch at almost 90 degrees. It's taped and supported. I tied string to keep it up. Should I tape it straight with splints? I've been reading different articles. Thanks
Your worrying a little too much about it. I would leave it alone. You already taped and supported it. The more you play around with it, the more you are stressing it and weakening what ever is holding it together. Another option is to cut it off completely and make a clone from it. Which will give you another plant.

brian77

brian77

Your worrying a little too much about it. I would leave it alone. You already taped and supported it. The more you play around with it, the more you are stressing it and weakening what ever is holding it together. Another option is to cut it off completely and make a clone from it. Which will give you another plant.
Cheers. I'll leave it as it it. Just first time panic I guess. Thanks

Erick31876

Erick31876

Cheers. I'll leave it as it it. Just first time panic I guess. Thanks
I did the same thing the 1st time that happened to me. Lol. I tend to put too much thought into things. Like when I would run into a problem I would ask people and do so much research I would get confused and make things worse.my growing got a lot better when I stopped thinking too much about everything. It seems like you think too much about everything also. You're doing a great job so far. I think you would do a lot better if you put less thought into things.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I did the same thing the 1st time that happened to me. Lol. I tend to put too much thought into things. Like when I would run into a problem I would ask people and do so much research I would get confused and make things worse.my growing got a lot better when I stopped thinking too much about everything. It seems like you think too much about everything also. You're doing a great job so far. I think you would do a lot better if you put less thought into things.

It's like a right of passage to overthink a few grows I think. Everyone save the laziest of people do it it seems. I did it. I still overthink things sometimes. But you're right it often does more harm than good by causing people to overcorrect for problems that often, arent even a problem. Takes a while to get comfortable enough with the process to relax and let it do its thing.

Just wait until spider mites or RA's move in.. Then the overthinking grows to epic proportions lol.

brian77

brian77

You are 100% right. This king about all sorts of scenarios and what ifs etc. Right, making a pact with myself. No more over thinking. Just gonna relax and go with the flow. Thanks pal, good advice and accurate at that! :)

brian77

brian77

It's like a right of passage to overthink a few grows I think. Everyone save the laziest of people do it it seems. I did it. I still overthink things sometimes. But you're right it often does more harm than good by causing people to overcorrect for problems that often, arent even a problem. Takes a while to get comfortable enough with the process to relax and let it do its thing.

Just wait until spider mites or RA's move in.. Then the overthinking grows to epic proportions lol.
You're correct. It definitely is hard not to think too much about it. Need to relax a lot more. That's my goal now ;)
Thankfully this bend seems to be my biggest worry. Now from what you guse are saying, I'm still in the clear. Cheers for your reply

Erick31876

Erick31876

You are 100% right. This king about all sorts of scenarios and what ifs etc. Right, making a pact with myself. No more over thinking. Just gonna relax and go with the flow. Thanks pal, good advice and accurate at that! :)
No problem bro. Trust me from my experience, once you stop thinking too much, you will enjoy growing a lot more and you will be surprised how much better your harvests will be.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I way over thought my first grow. But the good thing is I learned from it. My first harvest I got about a pound from 6 plants , but it was loose airy buds. You are right, I thought too much and way over corrected things which I thought were problems. My second grow came out way better than the first. My friends and girlfriend couldn't believe I grew it. And it gets better with each grow. That is my goal now, to do each grow better than the last one.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I way over thought my first grow. But the good thing is I learned from it. My first harvest I got about a pound from 6 plants , but it was loose airy buds.
Not all strains produce the nuggets that everyone craves. Sativa strains aren't usually hard...more wispy. I don't know what type of plants that commercial smoke comes from, but years ago, Sativa was all you could get. Now they are damn near extinct.

brian77

brian77

Not all strains produce the nuggets that everyone craves. Sativa strains aren't usually hard...more wispy. I don't know what type of plants that commercial smoke comes from, but years ago, Sativa was all you could get. Now they are damn near extinct.
My new leaves and even ones from the very start of flowering are very thin. Think this is signs of sativa. I'm not sure though. Someone else has commented about it what do you think?
20190228 105910

Top Bottom