Very New Need Some Advice.

• Thread starter Ziver0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Ziver0

I am still new i had another forum on another plant but it is not going well i have these 4 clones that are now at week 4 maybe into week 5 i have them in cloth 3.5 gal pots and ocean forest fox farm i am useing ph'd purified water i water ever 4 days if needed (have gone 5 or so). I have a 175w mh. Room temp is about 70 to 75 the light is 12 inches from top of plants. Any help on what i can do to make this the best i can please do tell. And please be specific i dont understand abbreviations.

Very new need some advice
Kurly

Kurly

4-5 days seems a little long to go in between watering imo. I want to say its as simple as uneven moisture in the soil. How do the leaves feel? Papery? Also When you water how do you go about it? do you get everything fully saturated then remove the runoff? Also how is airflow?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Chop the top node off of all of them. When you water..water evenly and thoroughly and then let the pot go pretty dry.. Pick up a wet pot and a dry pot.. Thatll help you a lot. I didnt hear you say anything about ph... Ph will get very important soon

Z

Ziver0

Yea ph is around 5.5 and 6 i do also have a small fan blowing air on all of them.

Z

Ziver0

As far as choping the top node im still very new and not to sure how to do it right. Iv seen plunty of videos but dont fill very confident.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
As far as choping the top node im still very new and not to sure how to do it right. Iv seen plunty of videos but dont fill very confident.
Then do one and see what it does... Take and inch off the plant... I bet you do the others in 2 weeks

H

heisen

I seriously wish people would stop adjusting ph in fox farm dirt.the runoff IS TELLING YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.if you collect the first 2 seconds of runoff it will change literally after every second of more water runs through the pot.it is ignorant and impossible to get accurate readings and will have you chasing ghost.
Just add your nutes to regular ass tap water and then plants will look like jungle plants.
People reading the bottles and filling nute schedules without anyone knowing the light intensity is beyond me.
Throw away the ph pen and tds meter.its retarded in soil.
My outdoor gardens are huge and lush of vegatables and I use city water from a fukin garden hose

H

heisen

I grew in dirt for years and the worse grow in dirt I ever did was adjusting ph in the soil.maybe for people who always grew average plants starting off in soil that ph it never saw a difference cause it's all they ever done.all that ph up alkaline ruined my dirt.i was getting all kinds of issues and runoff was all over the place.
It's not hydro.water is not your medium.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I agree, never knew what PH was until I started growing hydroponically.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I seriously wish people would stop adjusting ph in fox farm dirt.the runoff IS TELLING YOU ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.if you collect the first 2 seconds of runoff it will change literally after every second of more water runs through the pot.it is ignorant and impossible to get accurate readings and will have you chasing ghost.
Just add your nutes to regular ass tap water and then plants will look like jungle plants.
People reading the bottles and filling nute schedules without anyone knowing the light intensity is beyond me.
Throw away the ph pen and tds meter.its retarded in soil.
My outdoor gardens are huge and lush of vegatables and I use city water from a fukin garden hose
Checking runoff only gives you a direction to go..high or low... Its not for spot on calculations. Ph does matter even in dirt... Ph water to 4 or 10 and see the difference in a 6to7 plant. This ph needs to be more ideal the more times you reuse ffof.. I do 3 and it goes in the yard

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I grew in dirt for years and the worse grow in dirt I ever did was adjusting ph in the soil.maybe for people who always grew average plants starting off in soil that ph it never saw a difference cause it's all they ever done.all that ph up alkaline ruined my dirt.i was getting all kinds of issues and runoff was all over the place.
It's not hydro.water is not your medium.
TBH I see where ph could cause issues I have a ph pen ;but in the organic soil I've ben useing for over 2 years now I don't feel the need to check it anymore . ig it depends on your green thumb a little

H

heisen

Checking runoff only gives you a direction to go..high or low... Its not for spot on calculations. Ph does matter even in dirt... Ph water to 4 or 10 and see the difference in a 6to7 plant. This ph needs to be more ideal the more times you reuse ffof.. I do 3 and it goes in the yard
In soil it means squat.as I said 10 seconds of runoff will be less ppm than 2 seconds of runoff.which one you gonna pick.higer acidic means lower ph.so do you have a set number of seconds to count that is accurate.nope because its ass backwards in dirt.only lime can raise the true value of soil.this is why farmers send there soil samples to co ops for ph testing.they dont put it in a pot and test the runoff.that shit was made up nonsense and is the biggest urban legend on all of these cannibas forums.
Watch your plants use regular ass water from the sink,feed them once a week and water twice between with 20 percent runoff each water to flush the salts.watch the plants and adjust nutes accordingly and it's not that hard.

H

heisen

Personally dont know why guys who want to test runoff just don't go coco.its the next best thing to hydro and gives you more control than soil.
Bottled nutes and ph adjusters in organic soil is just plain ass retarded IMO.
Coco is super easy and is basically just a medium for the roots to grab and hold themselves up.
Coco is hard to screw up if you like using ph and tds meters and using purified water and all them gadgets

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

The problem I see with soil is a lot of people don't replenish microbes just give nutes .

H

heisen

The problem I see with soil is a lot of people don't replenish microbes just give nutes .
Exactly what im saying,adding chemical adjusters to soil is crazy.Ever get ph down or up in your eyes?yeah it sucks.and peiople are putting it in there soil not realizing that the calcium and limestone that there water drains through is what is actually raising there ph.The limestone that is in the water is not removed from water treatment,Thats why Most peoples Tap water is HIGH Ph because of this limestone,Lime raises your ph.The more you water the higher it goes over time,and adjusting it with PH down is NOT going to counteract the limestone in the tap water.Once the water dries out in the pot the PH goes right back to the soils actual PH.
In coco and other artificial mediums it has no buffer so whatever you put in is what it is.

Z

Ziver0

I use bottled water where i live has really hard tap water so i just buy distilled. I just check ph for safety. I do not have any newt so thats sometgung i may need some info about.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

PH may not be a such a detrimental element of soil growing for sure, but to say to throw away the PH/EC testing equipment is like throwing the baby out with the bath water! PH is the scale on which all elements take differing forms based on acidity or alkalinity and not every plant is going to be able to utilise higher or lower PH's the same. I tell ya what my Hydrangeas LOVE low PH! they go beautiful and pink out in the garden when I feed them super acidic but my other leafy greens in the same garden do not like it. I think as a grower it pays to have an over all understanding of how PH and EC/TDS effects growth! The PH pen saved me when the doser on a fertigation system was faulty, I checked the PH and noticed a constant decrease in PH which lead me to test the doser and see that the EC/TDS was super high! Rather than spot it when there was burning or crop failure my little pens enabled me to fight the problem quick, thus saving a few bob worth of plants (shrubs, annuals, perennials, potted colour)
It shouldn't be one side of the fence with this stuff. A good grasp on all aspects in horticulture/agriculture enables you to work smarter not harder. You dont have to employ everything you learn out in the garden!

Latest posts

Top Bottom