Veteran Current Culture Users, Please Help

• Thread starter JDro man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JDro man

I just bought a current culture uc4 with the 8 gallon pots and I want to run this in a 5'x5' tent, I have the option to run either a bml spydr 1200 or the nanolux 1000w and I also have 2. 1/10hp chillers 1 for the system and 1 with an icebox heat exchanger if needed for the climate control, I have co2 but I want to dial this system in before attempting to use it, and I have a dehumidifier outside of the tent that will meet my set point easily, I also have an air scrubber 6x24 and vortex 6" inline fan and of course an oscillating fan. I also have a ph meter and tds meter both by hanna, nutes will be the entire cultured solutions lineup.
So this is what I have, now my question is am I missing anything needed to successfully run this setup?

MeJuana

MeJuana

They are black I would want to solve that even if just with mylar over them. I wouldn't bank on the unit producing enough humidity in all cases so I would have a humidifier. You probably will want a cloner before you get going so you can save your strains. I am not confident your little icebox will solve all your heating issues if you live in a warm region. An oscillating fan isn't good enough you will want at least 2. But I also have another little non osc. fan blowing the space directly under my grow light and skimming the tops of the plants when the lights are on so you can run them at their lowest acceptable position. Most importantly you want to set the system up and turn it on to see what's what before actually using it.

J

JDro man

Thanks for the quick reply, I do have a humidifier and more fans if I need it and I've been running promix for several years so I do have a cloning method in place that I have excellent results with but it's just the cheap easy prop chamber but been great for the past couple years but I'll look into an upgrade in the near future. Do u happen to know about placing the epicenter outside of the tent? It would require a 90° elbow and a 2 or 3' section of 2" pvc to get it out of the tent but I'm a little worried about whether this could affect the flow of the system?

J

JDro man

I do have ro as well and I just upgraded that from active aqua 3 n 1 to stealth for the 1 n 1 ro configuration because I'd rather spend a little money that waste precious h20. Thanks for the input greatly appreciated.

J

JDro man

I used to be an AN dedicated nut but I don't touch that stuff anymore personally I feel that it's packed with growth hormones and the likes.

J

JDro man

Do u use a uc system yourself? I'm curious about how much work the ph is for u I'm considering adding a ph doser if it poses consistent probs, and also been looking into adding the grow boss to monitor mt parameters.

J

JDro man

Ok cool I been looking at the Guardian and the grow boss both, the grow boss is a bit cheaper but I'm not sure which is best. I've read that using the entire cultured solutions line up works wonders with helping to maintain a more steady ph with less fluctuations do u have any input on that?

J

JDro man

Awesome man thanks for all the input I'll he setting my system up this weekend and once all is well I post pics

J

JDro man

R Dawg
How do u mix your nutes for this system as far as when adding the cal mag supplements? I've read to mix it at a rate that gives my entire system around 150 ppm of cal mag and then to add the rest of the nutes to meet my tds setpoint but I'm really curious how u and others do it?

J

JDro man

Right on man, I've been reading and reading until my eyes hurt for the last 2 months trying to cover all my angles before firing it up, I ran a lil crappy version of the uc I made with 3 gallon buckets with AN and never checked my ph or tds 1 time and done great, ignorance can be such a blessing sometimes lol.

J

JDro man

Lol making my heart pound at the sounds of that, but it is the goal and purpose for me as well. What uc are u running?

J

JDro man

When I ran my lil home made rdwc in 3 gallon buckets I used AN conn and most of the ph perfect line up but I used it all at half the recommended rates

J

JDro man

Oh man that's sweet I'm really excited to get this up and running, I had to order my system chiller with 3/4" fittings and they said maybe 2 weeks for that like a week left

J

JDro man

I'll definitely be sharing all my progress and asking for alot of assistance as well, beautiful pic man I'm so excited to see that u rock

J

JDro man

I've run lsd before myself in promix and it grew so tall so fast I couldn't deal with it, couldnt imagine what it might be like in a uc system lol. Your room still looks amazing=Props to u my friend.

J

JDro man

1467197713104 1609605506
1467197713104 1609605506

Here is a lil pic of my current run 3 more weeks left sour kosher and Louis the 8th in 3 gal promix

J

JDro man

I was hoping that topping like crazy and 3 gal pots would keep them a bit shorter but their still at the top of my tent like 6' tall but very danky

J

JDro man

U ever buy any seeds on here? I'm checking out the sour grapes and another 1 on here from rare dankness, 1 of my favs is ghost train haze from rare dankness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom