Contact Us
Want to advertise here? Contact us today to begin

Vg Tincture

Discussion in 'Concentrates & Processing' started by druc, Aug 18, 2018.

1. druc

druc

Hi fellow farmers!

I forgot to decarb my buds before marinating in VG.
    Can i decarb while in VG? If so how would i go about this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Dude you don't need to decarboxylate in order to get the effects!
    the only thing decarboxylation does is makes all of the unavailable compounds turn into available compounds so you still have active material there it's just not as active as it could be

so your answer is yes and to be completely honest I don't think marinating is the best idea

I would say Crock-Pot it all up on low for 24 hours then the next day when some is cool and give it a try and if you're not satisfied either we run the same material into it for another 12 to 24 hours or add new material completely up to you

I used to make them on a factory production kind of scale all by myself so it's right up my alley and in the future just don't forget to decarboxylate

3. I've experimented with all sorts of temperatures with and I found that a hundred and seventy degrees Works amazing for me and I'll let it go for at least an hour and then when I get that really really ripe sweet smell that I know all the goodies have converted into the good stuff like I wanted it to and then we run it

Sweet smell I speak of is unmistakable when you smell it then you know it's completely done especially if it crumbles when you grab it with your rubber gloves and it breaks down really fine

4. druc

druc

Thank you for the above info. If I don't have a slow cooker can the same result be achieved by putting the combined flower and VG that is already in a mason jar into the oven at a set temp for a few cycles?

Mainemedz5 likes this.
  5. Yes cook it on the lowest setting , a cooking thermometer would help too

6. Maybe put mason jar In pan simmering water like a double boiler n let it simmer for x amount of time im not a tincture guy so thats just my guess hope ya get what ya need mate

Mainemedz5 likes this.
  7. Tried that forever ago and takes way too long lol

8. Crock pot or covered pan on low man , when its amber in color she's done