Vietnam Black Grow

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

E.T.

....I sure hope to see some more Bangkok Betty's around. That's one I miss dearly....

Shamus

Shamus

is there anywhere the VB's are still avail? I'd jump through a flaming hoop for a stab at em. Always on the search for awesome sativas.

E

ElBiaz

Hey guys,

ya, I know. I haven't been around. Things are good and getting better. As for the VB and pheno's. It all depends on what you get. I used two females. One, a pure Mango smelling pheno that was AWESOME! The other, a Purple blackish pheno. The male was a mango smelling, but on the lite side. Good health and strength and produce resin on the inner leafs closest to the stems. As for harvest times. It all depends on how your growing them. These plants where made to be grown out in the wild jungles. They tend to change indoors, but they can do well indoors

I've seen them take any where's from 9-14 weeks. Got a buddy in SF that has one of my cuts I gifted him and all the flower and trim get's made into wax. They get top dollar for it and they say it's worth the 9-10 weeks on her. All I can tell you is to watch your girls. See what they are telling you. Watch the resign color and figure out when you think it might be a good time. Harvest some early and then harvest some later. Finding the sweet spot will be rewarding.

When I was doing the Cannabis events and selling seeds at the events. I will tell people that these are going to take some time. 95% of the people at the events wanted something that would yield monster numbers and be done yesterday. I would explain to them. Reduce your numbers, flower longer and your getting the same numbers or better with less plants and a stronger tripper high. Most of them didn't want to hear it.

Any ways, sorry to Hi Jack. Indoors, these can finish faster and can be tricked. Outdoors in Northern Humboldt with straight VB out near Redding area. The record so far is 12lbs. That's good buds in 100gal grow bags, custom soil and done Sept-Oct. and that's taken to full term. Smoke this stuff and hang on for the trippy ride.

Nice to see some pictures. Best of luck with the rest of the grow. Things seem to be going very. Keep up the great job and enjoy those girls. Sorry, I'm not around any. So, much to do and I'm now just catching up. Plus, it's that time of the season and you've got to help out friends.
Take care,
BG

Hey BG, love ur posts. I was wondering if there's anyway I can get my hands on some VB right now. I can't find any seed sources on the net. I'm an Aussie and my fondest memories are smoking some mangoey sativa that just shot me into space in my own head back in highschool it was only available for like 3 months. It sounds just like some descriptions of VB. au sucks for weed tho and currently I can only get indicas e everywhere and I'm just sick of it. I totally understand if ur too busy or don't get to this. Just thought I'd try. Btw ever surfed Sunshine Coast QLD.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments. Ya, the VB is a nice strain. She grows well and does great outdoors. The Mango pheno is my favorite and I just love her. She brings me back to my trips to mango road in the puna district of the Big Island of Hawaii. If you've ever driven down that road. You know what I'm talking about.

Funny thing ElBiaz, got a friend in AUS growing these. He surely likes these allot and tells me they yield monsters. I've told some many people at so many events. That sativa will yield, but everyone is in such a rush to be done in 56-60 days. That they normally skip of the sativa's. Any ways, think he said 3-5lbs per 100 liter containers or 200 lite container. That's grade A, and a couple more lbs of non grade A.

Yield time is longer, but you get some really nice smoke. Oil, is out of this world! Will really put a hurting on you. Before anyone ask, no! Don't have any seeds to sell or restock anyone. Haven't done a run in a while and if I do. I do a small run for local growers for spring planting. Health really put a hurting on me. Might do something in the future. Watching what happens here in cali. Nice being in Northern Humboldt. You hear what everyone is talking about and where things are going.

I saw in the next 3-5 years. It will be legal in most states. Unless things get stop by the feds. It's going to be domino's.

Thanks again for the kind words. If anything changes. This will be the first place to let you guys know.
Take care,
BG

seaslug

seaslug

If anyone is wondering, the Ace Vietnam Black x Thai is surprisingly mellow. My friend grew three plants and even the first impression of an early tester bud was mellow. I didn't get any feeling of the Thai stick I remember from the '70s.

zeke

zeke

Bro come on this is torturous. Such beautiful and rare genetics and they aren't available any where. I'm sorry to hear of your health problems. If you are having kidney problems, mine are both healthy and I'd gladly give you one for a couple of those beans. Half my liver? Left nut? A cute little she goat? Couple bags of organic goat chow? Damn you are one gruff billy goat. Do you happen to have any info on where in Thailand these genetics were sourced? I try to go there every year and have collected quite a few samples. No chocolates yet but I'll keep trying. Nice work thanks for preserving this strain.

215 User

215 User

Been intrigued for a long time & waiting by the mailbox...

Blessed with 2 hybrids to get low down & dirty this Spring!

Nam Wreck x Vietnamese Gold

Romulan x Vietnamese Gold

Vietnamese Gold is (Vietnam Black x G13/BlackWidow x Shrom)

Getting Restless for exploration

215 User

215 User

Original Romulan x Vietnam Gold female....

Purple Heart female

The wait is over!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Thanks Randy!

Collecting pollen for F2's since 4/20...Stick around.
If you could send me a PM I'd love to offer you whatever you're interested in. I focus mainly on Ace, Hazeman, Cannabiogen, Mandala, Dr. Underground, Delicious and World of Seeds but have my own hybrids and pollen. Let's make magic!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

If anyone is wondering, the Ace Vietnam Black x Thai is surprisingly mellow. My friend grew three plants and even the first impression of an early tester bud was mellow. I didn't get any feeling of the Thai stick I remember from the '70s.
Have you tried Ace's Thai Stick strain? I have beans of it but no room to pop them yet. Hoping for the real deal but need someone about 1.5 decades older than me to take that pepsi challenge!!!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Bro come on this is torturous. Such beautiful and rare genetics and they aren't available any where. I'm sorry to hear of your health problems. If you are having kidney problems, mine are both healthy and I'd gladly give you one for a couple of those beans. Half my liver? Left nut? A cute little she goat? Couple bags of organic goat chow? Damn you are one gruff billy goat. Do you happen to have any info on where in Thailand these genetics were sourced? I try to go there every year and have collected quite a few samples. No chocolates yet but I'll keep trying. Nice work thanks for preserving this strain.
You're the man Zeke. Kindred spirits. I pray our paths cross in SoCal sometime soon!

215 User

215 User

If you could send me a PM I'd love to offer you whatever you're interested in. I focus mainly on Ace, Hazeman, Cannabiogen, Mandala, Dr. Underground, Delicious and World of Seeds but have my own hybrids and pollen. Let's make magic!

Don't have any beans as of yet & only had 3 to start with....

Thanks for your interest!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Purple Heart aka
Orig. Romulan x Vietnam Gold

@ 2 weeks flowering

View attachment 407287
Dear God that sounds amazing!! I'm looking to cross Malawi with something weird and was thinking either Romulan, Yumboldt, Sensi Star or Mazar as I've got all three vegging. Which do you think? Obviously my goal is to make one of those weird Indicas even weirder, but before I saw your post I've been just presuming I'd use Mazar. Spicing something strange like Sensi Star or overwhelming like Yumboldt might be righteous.

Also I wanted to ask you:
I heat stressed the heck out of a 7' Nep Jam but thankfully only the top 4 inches have larfed out. It's the middle of week 4 and in a case where the meristem tip has larfed from heat, do you chop it or should I just let it recover and keep boogying?

Thanks again and great work as always!!! Much respect!!
RP

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Dear God that sounds amazing!! I'm looking to cross Malawi with something weird and was thinking either Romulan, Yumboldt, Sensi Star or Mazar as I've got all three vegging. Which do you think? Obviously my goal is to make one of those weird Indicas even weirder, but before I saw your post I've been just presuming I'd use Mazar. Spicing something strange like Sensi Star or overwhelming like Yumboldt might be righteous.

Also I wanted to ask you:
I heat stressed the heck out of a 7' Nep Jam but thankfully only the top 4 inches have larfed out. It's the middle of week 4 and in a case where the meristem tip has larfed from heat, do you chop it or should I just let it recover and keep boogying?

Thanks again and great work as always!!! Much respect!!
RP
And by "chop it" I mean just the top 4" that are bogus :)

215 User

215 User

Hey Randy...

As for the Malawi, all sound good to pollenate except the mazar imo. I'd cut the bad pieces off the Nep Jam & keep trucking since it's a long flower time!
The days are getting longer until summer solstice in a month or so.

Nothing to lose

Top Bottom