Vietnam Seeds

• Thread starter Captainsugar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Captainsugar

Hey guys, brand new to the forum and got a tough one for you guys. A buddy I work with gave me some seeds. He says that he got these seeds 20 years ago from a friend who's dad had gotten them during the Vietnam war. All he knows about them beyond that is that his friend called them "V." So first question, do you think they are still viable? And two, do you guys have any idea what strain it might be?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys, brand new to the forum and got a tough one for you guys. A buddy I work with gave me some seeds. He says that he got these seeds 20 years ago from a friend who's dad had gotten them during the Vietnam war. All he knows about them beyond that is that his friend called them "V." So first question, do you think they are still viable? And two, do you guys have any idea what strain it might be?
Try poppin em. You may have some vietnam black, could be some cambodian, or thai........ Who knows. But if it came from that triangle it is going to be some trippy smoke if they pop. Would be almost certainly a landrace sativa

There are a lot of modern day hybrids that people have crossed out with more modern day strains. But if your story and time frame is accurate you will be dealing with a straight up landrace sativa. figure a minimum 12 weeks flower time. Depending on the strain. Hopefully they pop and it turns out to be Vietnamese Black also called Hoa Bac

william76

william76

Use some superthrive and some h202 if ur popping them,wi a wee scratch,id put them in the fridge(not the freezer)for a few days first if there not already in the fridge,i know theres a few folks who'd like to come across these,if they pop id make a preservation project out of it!,good luck!.76

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

If it's from vietnam depending on the range it came from like some1 already said. I think you might have the dalat strain. It's called that because thats the region it came from. Either that or it could be a Thai landrace. Both of them are purebred sativa land race. Expect 12+ weeks and soaring , edgy, racing high. The opposite of couch lock. Chances are if it really is from vietnam it will be a purebred sativa.... my parents are viet and were in the war and told me about these plants. Said its really strong, doesnt look as frosty as modern day strains but it will pack a racy, edgy punch, soaring high. I have not tried this purebred yet tho.... If you have the dalat. I would like to trade some beans for a few of yours.... pm if you interested. The hoa bac i dont know much about it but i believe it could come from north side of vietnam region.

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

This is just a guess too..... Assuming this cuz US didn't keep fighting that far north.... It could be anything really. Seeds from 20 years ago from a vietnam war veteran. That just adds to cool ass story to tell when smoking it with the friends.... but shit if they pop and live. AWESOME. Good luck

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If it's from vietnam depending on the range it came from like some1 already said. I think you might have the dalat strain. It's called that because thats the region it came from. Either that or it could be a Thai landrace. Both of them are purebred sativa land race. Expect 12+ weeks and soaring , edgy, racing high. The opposite of couch lock. Chances are if it really is from vietnam it will be a purebred sativa.... my parents are viet and were in the war and told me about these plants. Said its really strong, doesnt look as frosty as modern day strains but it will pack a racy, edgy punch, soaring high. I have not tried this purebred yet tho.... If you have the dalat. I would like to trade some beans for a few of yours.... pm if you interested. The hoa bac i dont know much about it but i believe it could come from north side of vietnam region.

The hoa bac is for Vietnamese Silver Leaf.

And all of your descriptions are on point. If I were the original OP I would most def make a landrace preservation project with this. There isnt anything in the market today that will stand up to the old Thai and Vietnamese landraces from the dayz of old. IMHO I know I toked enough of them. :smoking::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

dilligaf

dilligaf

I have a viet black cross that goes 16 weeks and is a true survivor..not the best aroma but the potency is awsome..not for the faint of heart...literally...nor the impatient

D

dilligaf

dilligaf

I have seen people get sick from overindulging with black forest..i have a plant in flower that is a black forest cross so it would be 25 percent viet black..same bud structure and heavy feeding but apparently less flowering time.

D

dilligaf

dilligaf

Wish you the best with these...if they are truly viet and they pop they are going to stretch 200 percent in flower probably and go 20 plus weeks..bringing a landrace indoors for first generation is going to be a challenge..offspring seeds will do better i believe..good luck

D

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I have seeds from the original Cbay release that predates fet and Ace. After all this time I have them going with a friend of mine. These are the real, real deal so we will soon see what the fuss is about!

MissBotany

MissBotany

The hoa bac is for Vietnamese Silver Leaf.

And all of your descriptions are on point. If I were the original OP I would most def make a landrace preservation project with this. There isnt anything in the market today that will stand up to the old Thai and Vietnamese landraces from the dayz of old. IMHO I know I toked enough of them. :smoking::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

I second this. Hope you get a male and female. Definitely collect pollen.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Love your avatar btw @MissBotany Can I sit with you gals and have a puff with ya? :smoking:

Are you majoring in botany? or was that just something you dreamt up for a handle??

Latest posts

Top Bottom