• Thejoeybrown - Mac1 Caps Cut

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cola Monster

Cola Monster

According to my research it's a wasp and not a yellow jacket or a bee obviously which I only posted since it rhymed with three. The wasp & yellow jackets have different traits and nest building rituals from what I've read and you can check out for yourselves of interested.
And on a semi-painful note, I just got stung in the eyelid by one of them little suckers about an hour ago when out watering my plants with my eye now swelling up and burning like fire.:fire:Grrrr!

https://www.terminix.com/blog/bug-facts/wasps-yellow-jackets-hornets/

Toaster79

Toaster79

According to my research it's a wasp and not a yellow jacket or a bee obviously which I only posted since it rhymed with three. The wasp & yellow jackets have different traits and nest building rituals from what I've read and you can check out for yourselves of interested.
And on a semi-painful note, I just got stung in the eyelid by one of them little suckers about an hour ago when out watering my plants with my eye now swelling up and burning like fire.:fire:Grrrr!

https://www.terminix.com/blog/bug-facts/wasps-yellow-jackets-hornets/

Always keep a spoon and a lighter in your pocket when in garden. Warm up the spoon and put it on the spot. Should partially destroy the venom since it's thermolabile toxin. Of course don't go burn yourself. Keep it cooled now but the next time ...

Cola Monster

Cola Monster

Always keep a spoon and a lighter in your pocket when in garden. Warm up the spoon and put it on the spot. Should partially destroy the venom since it's thermolabile toxin. Of course don't go burn yourself. Keep it cooled now but the next time ...

I'll keep that in mind if there happens to be a next time. Thanks for the heads up!

Cola Monster

Cola Monster

Hard workers them little European buggers. I knock down their nest one day and boom it's back the next and with flawless craftsmanship at that.:cool:

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hard workers them little European buggers. I knock down their nest one day and boom it's back the next and with flawless craftsmanship at that.:cool:

Kinda hard to get rid of them unless you kill them all. Even if you get the queen the next dominant female is gonna take over that role. If they don't bother you they do feed of pests in the garden and they have broad diet while at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom