@SmithsJunk - Banana Ice Cream

Smithsjunk   banana Ice cream

@Toaster79 - Slyme Cookies dropping loads

Toaster 79    Slyme cookies dropping loads

@CaliRooted - Zookies

Calirooted    Zookies

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Really nice pics all! Congratulations @SmithsJunk ,the color on that Banana Ice Cream is just beautiful!

Thanks man.

The Camara was in vivid color mode. I was playing with the settings when I took it. Never seen how that setting worked in conjunction with a flash before. The result was trippy.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Thanks man.

The Camara was in vivid color mode. I was playing with the settings when I took it. Never seen how that setting worked in conjunction with a flash before. The result was trippy.
What camera did you used? Its a good pic, loved that purple hue and the contrast of all those colours with that black background and that patch of trippy lights. It looks really nice.
I voted for the balls tho, i am that guy :)
It was just unconventional and a little anarchist considering majority of growers hate males and only post fat bud pics.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What camera did you used? Its a good pic, loved that purple hue and the contrast of all those colours with that black background and that patch of trippy lights. It looks really nice.
I voted for the balls tho, i am that guy :)
It was just unconventional and a little anarchist considering majority of growers hate males and only post fat bud pics.

Thank you.

If my pic weren't in the finals I would have voted for the balls too. That's a killer pic. Aside from that I like it because I'm learning how to breed and it's a b*tch finding quality reference pics of males, for the reason you said.

Yeah, the background colors are why I picked it. It was a sunset with clouds in the background. The sky was salmon colored but the boca mixed the orange, pink, and dark blue into that really cool cobalt purple. Not really into camera effects that I'm not physically causing but I really liked the colors. So I entered it hoping you guys would too.

I was using my Pentax K-S1 and 18-55mm zoom. It's 51.2k iso makes it great for low light shots and the onboard image stabilisation helps with my shaky hands.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Thank you.

If my pic weren't in the finals I would have voted for the balls too. That's a killer pic. Aside from that I like it because I'm learning how to breed and it's a b*tch finding quality reference pics of males, for the reason you said.

Yeah, the background colors are why I picked it. It was a sunset with clouds in the background. The sky was salmon colored but the boca mixed the orange, pink, and dark blue into that really cool cobalt purple. Not really into camera effects that I'm not physically causing but I really liked the colors. So I entered it hoping you guys would too.

I was using my Pentax K-S1 and 18-55mm zoom. It's 51.2k iso makes it great for low light shots and the onboard image stabilisation helps with my shaky hands.
Nice i didn’t realize it was a sunset. Thank science for image stabilisation, i have very shaky hands too. Nice quality with that high iso. Pentax nailed it.
Have you checked out sony alpha a7s ii, i love its low light capabilities in video.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nice i didn’t realize it was a sunset. Thank science for image stabilisation, i have very shaky hands too. Nice quality with that high iso. Pentax nailed it.
Have you checked out sony alpha a7s ii, i love its low light capabilities in video.

No, not until just now. 409k, that's ridiculous, but it's also a $3k full frame. It'll do great lowlight but I bet that iso is for speed. That's something a pro would use for sports or NG magazine. Sheesh, 1/8000 sec framerates. It's only a 12.5Mp but I would still love to have it.

I have the baby alpha, a5000. Only 16k iso but it mounts those same E lenses. Both of em fit 4/3 and big cini lenses too, cool. I'm still floored at how close in quality that little mirrorless gets to the K-S1 and I love how it drops the viewfinder.

When I was looking into full frames, my eye was on the Pentax K-1. It has a 209k iso, a 36.4Mp sensor, this freaky cool articulating screen, priced under $2k, and fits the same lenses as my K-S1.

If someone were to ask me what they should start out with I would definitely suggest they go mirrorless. That tech is a gamechanger and packs a lot into a small frame. My Pentax is pretty small for a DSLR but the a5000 is tiny.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
No, not until just now. 409k, that's ridiculous, but it's also a $3k full frame. It'll do great lowlight but I bet that iso is for speed. That's something a pro would use for sports or NG magazine. Sheesh, 1/8000 sec framerates. It's only a 12.5Mp but I would still love to have it.

I have the baby alpha, a5000. Only 16k iso but it mounts those same E lenses. Both of em fit 4/3 and big cini lenses too, cool. I'm still floored at how close in quality that little mirrorless gets to the K-S1 and I love how it drops the viewfinder.

When I was looking into full frames, my eye was on the Pentax K-1. It has a 209k iso, a 36.4Mp sensor, this freaky cool articulating screen, priced under $2k, and fits the same lenses as my K-S1.

If someone were to ask me what they should start out with I would definitely suggest they go mirrorless. That tech is a gamechanger and packs a lot into a small frame. My Pentax is pretty small for a DSLR but the a5000 is tiny.

I think for the price pentax does an immaculate job but this video makes me smile every time :)
True, quality starts to decline at one point but at 409K you turn night into day. I am looking to buy a camera, but actually waiting for a7siii to hit the market :)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I think for the price pentax does an immaculate job but this video makes me smile every time :)
True, quality starts to decline at one point but at 409K you turn night into day. I am looking to buy a camera, but actually waiting for a7siii to hit the market :)

Buying a full frame is a big commitment. It's good that you've done your research.

I decided a while back that if I was spending that kind of money I wanted theater quality cinema gear instead. I drooled over RED Weapon for a minute but I ain't payin over $20k for a complete broadcast quality camera. Black Majic put it within the realm of reality for me
My ultimate goal is to buy both the 1080p Pocket Cine...
1365449799000 IMG 310645

...and the 4k Mini Cine...
1472830602000 IMG 485351

...but the 4k Pocket Cine is a good compromise if I cant afford to do both...
1524061278000 IMG 966433

These cameras give videos and pics that big screen cinema look. I did my research on them a long time ago but I can't remember the details on how they work to give this effect. It had something to do with censor size (4:3) and color processing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Buying a full frame is a big commitment. It's good that you've done your research.

I decided a while back that if I was spending that kind of money I wanted theater quality cinema gear instead. I drooled over RED Weapon for a minute but I ain't payin over $20k for a complete broadcast quality camera. Black Majic put it within the realm of reality for me
My ultimate goal is to buy both the 1080p Pocket Cine...
View attachment 839864
...and the 4k Mini Cine...
View attachment 839865
...but the 4k Pocket Cine is a good compromise if I cant afford to do both...
View attachment 839866
These cameras give videos and pics that big screen cinema look. I did my research on them a long time ago but I can't remember the details on how they work to give this effect. It had something to do with censor size (4:3) and color processing.
Yeah i know black magics are very good but sony offers a thing called s-gamut/s-log3 and the dlfferent settings really makes colours vibrant and gives you very different feels and textures. I watched some videos taken by this camera and the quality is truly stunning. The biggest thing about this camera is eventhough it has lower mp sensor, the individual pixels are bigger than standart sensors which means better quality at higher iso.
Of course i cannot compare this camera to an alexa :) but my cinematography professor at university highly recommends sony a7sii and says it is just as good as black magic if not better especially at low light conditions. I have graduated a long time ago but we kept in touch.
Your picks are truly very good too. I am sure you will be happy with any of them, i would personally be happy with any of these too but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment :)

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah i know black magics are very good but sony offers a thing called s-gamut/s-log3 and the dlfferent settings really makes colours vibrant and gives you very different feels and textures. I watched some videos taken by this camera and the quality is truly stunning. The biggest thing about this camera is eventhough it has lower mp sensor, the individual pixels are bigger than standart sensors which means better quality at higher iso.
Of course i cannot compare this camera to an alexa :) but my cinematography professor at university highly recommends sony a7sii and says it is just as good as black magic if not better especially at low light conditions. I have graduated a long time ago but we kept in touch.
Your picks are truly very good too. I am sure you will be happy with any of them, i would personally be happy with any of these too but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment :)

I have zero formal photography training. I only know what I've researched so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of information. The Blackmajic I'm interested in are $1300 and lower, body only. I've seen the Pocket 1080p for $600. I can get a cage, external monitor, shotgun mic, and lens for under $1k (total $1600). For another $700 I can get the 4k model. That w/1 lens and accessories runs about $2200. To me, that's a steal for a full on cine rig.

I am aware of Sony sensor capabilities, it's why I bought my baby alpha. Of course it's not going to hold up against the full frame a7Sii sensor. That sensor sise is what makes them full frame. As far as the Blackmajic cameras vs the a7Sii, they're such different animals I can't even find a comparison review.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I have zero formal photography training. I only know what I've researched so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of information. The Blackmajic I'm interested in are $1300 and lower, body only. I've seen the Pocket 1080p for $600. I can get a cage, external monitor, shotgun mic, and lens for under $1k (total $1600). For another $700 I can get the 4k model. That w/1 lens and accessories runs about $2200. To me, that's a steal for a full on cine rig.

I am aware of Sony sensor capabilities, it's why I bought my baby alpha. Of course it's not going to hold up against the full frame a7Sii sensor. That sensor sise is what makes them full frame. As far as the Blackmajic cameras vs the a7Sii, they're such different animals I can't even find a comparison review.
In the end they are all good cameras and you potential rig seems nice. Alpha will cost a bit more for sure but i just love that low light quality. Everything in this field (photo, video, film) is preference after all it is an art form at its heart. Well it was a nice conversation, its been a while since i promoted sony alpha :)
At that price i would go with the pocket for now too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom