Vpd Survey

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

????? And u putting quotes around your sentences does nothing to prove you’re referencing anything meaningful
Except that's not what is in the studies you're blindly referencing. You described gravity, not vpd affecting plants.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

????? And u putting quotes around your sentences does nothing to prove you’re referencing anything meaningful
I edited that post heavily now. You're looking to argue with me on a personal level and i have no motivation to do that. If you want to argue a point, i'll gladly respond. Otherwise, I'll just stick to trying to help new growers save their money and time spent without medicine. Nothing personal.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Not to sound up my own ass, but i think i again am speaking casually and not specific enough. I'm answering to op basically and even mimicking his language in the first post. I'm seeing a new grower save that chart. Build it up to himself. Buying a humidifier and starting to mess with his girls chasing a chart he doesn't understand. I believe vpd is a major driving force in plants. I don't believe we know enough about it or plants or cannabis to say if it's relevant in an indoor garden situation. It's not something i would spend money on remedying or back it like it's proven science. Now, i don't use my anecdotal as real truth, but i couldn't get rh to do anything to a cut ive grown and harvested for 8 years, unless i started changing it during flower and that wasn't even visible, it just had "worse" sap tests.
Maybe you don’t spend money on it and that fine thats your call. I’m not spending any money on vpd either. But in this post i think we’re on the right track. Vpd is a scientific collection of data. I agree your plants adapt. If youre growing the same plant for years in that environment, yeah don’t change it. But if you’re popping new seeds every grow and mixing it up then following vpd gives you a good chance that they will all be comfortable.

P

PharmHand

I edited that post heavily now. You're looking to argue with me on a personal level and i have no motivation to do that. If you want to argue a point, i'll gladly respond. Otherwise, I'll just stick to trying to help new growers save their money and time spent without medicine. Nothing personal.
I’m not at all I apologize. You can grow nice bud in a lot of different conditions, just thought this was a discussion of ideals. I’ll move on, peace

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Maybe you don’t spend money on it and that fine thats your call. I’m not spending any money on vpd either. But in this post i think we’re on the right track. Vpd is a scientific collection of data. I agree your plants adapt. If youre growing the same plant for years in that environment, yeah don’t change it. But if you’re popping new seeds every grow and mixing it up than following vpd gives you a good chance that they will all be comfortable.
Well, i would venture that almost every new grower with low rh is likely due to air exchange. They get a big online in a charcoal filter and suck out the humidity. I don't grow in low rh intentionally unless it was to test. A semi proper room keeps at least 45-55 just with plants in it. 70% is pretty standard for areas cannabis comes from, so theoretically should be good. I'm just not claiming anything vpd. All i'm saying is there is a habit on ig and here that the charts get passed around and screw with new growers. I've seen it personally and I'm sure we could search evidence here even. My initial approach was wrong and too casually worded. I attempted to remedy that in the following posts. My main point is this; if you're new, DON'T ACT ON THINGS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. Don't follow charts or blind hearsay. Research that actually physically happens and make an informed decision. And that all sources have issues.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I’m not at all I apologize. You can grow nice bud in a lot of different conditions, just thought this was a discussion of ideals. I’ll move on, peace
In that case, my madeup quote was a direct joke of the first one i quoted because as i read these studies i noticed they mostly ended similarly.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I dont go by the vpd chart. Right now I am about 20-30% humidity and 50% in the summer and flowers come out fine. Have tried flowers of the same cut using the VPD and they come out no different. IMO the chart is for all plants in general.

P

PharmHand

Not to pester you, but nowadays you can find a study that says anything. People are actively publishing fake, endorsed studies to show how broken the system is now. You gotta read the whole thing and google the authors. It's a pain to search them now.
I try to read a lot and form my own opinion but yea I hear ya. My wife tried to convince me it was ok to put skin cream containing lavender on my young son after me telling her lavender contains phyto estrogens she tried to justify it because she found ONE single study ,by a group of women no less, that found it’s estrogenic effects were insignificant. Bahahaha I found five that said otherwise

Last edited:
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I dont go by the vpd chart. Right now I am about 20-30% humidity and 50% in the summer and flowers come out fine. Have tried flowers of the same cut using the VPD and they come out no different. IMO the chart is for all plants in general.
Yeah, i mean we didn't even touch on genetic influence and individual plant reactions. There are a lot of variables involved. Everyone here who helps people knows that feeling. Need to get garden walkthroughs going on oculus rift over the net.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

I try to read a lot and form my own opinion but yea I hear ya. My wife tried to convince me it was ok to put skin cream containing lavender on my young son after me telling her lavender contains phyto estrogens she tried to justify it because she found ONE single study ,by a group of women no less, that found it’s estrogenic effects were insignificant. Bahahaha I five that said otherwise
Funny how common these things run along plant growers! I have a very strict diet due to illness but i cut out phytoestrogens and all pseudo hormones cause i have to actively monitor my test. Can't really test it now though cause i'm on hrt.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

VPD is another way to measure relative humidity. It is not used to keep plants in the made up sweet spot chart for weed forum use.

As always I suggest reading anywhere other than weed forums for pertinent info.

Here is Michigan university explaining it.

It’s just another tool we have to dial in our environments for best results.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
VPD is another way to measure relative humidity. It is not used to keep plants in the made up sweet spot chart for weed forum use.

As always I suggest reading anywhere other than weed forums for pertinent info.

Well the paper you shared concludes that 0.8 kpa has yielded more than 0.5 kpa in tomato plants and anything over 2.2 stressed them out.
I don’t know why you believe there is no sweet spot. I think the study you shared proves there is.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well the paper you shared concludes that 0.8 kpa has yielded more than 0.5 kpa in tomato plants and anything over 2.2 stressed them out.
I don’t know why you believe there is no sweet spot. I think the study you shared proves there is.

That article shows to use the chart to vary the conditions based on goals.

For our purpose we would want high humidity for clones for example and much lower for flowering to avoid mold and pm.

The chart is just another way to see parameters. Also helps to avoid reaching dew point.

It is being misused by the weed forums like gas-lighting or any number of agriculture techniques turned into weed growing myth.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Can i ask for your personal experience with a sweet spot? Do you keep at a certain rh? Anecdotal evidence? I have no intentions to answer to it or anything, genuinely interested.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter

I get what you’re saying about vpd being just a measuring tool. Its the difference between what air can potentially hold and what its currently able to hold at a given temperature if i get that correctly.
Now growers can use this info to keep the vpd at sweet spot.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Can i ask for your personal experience with a sweet spot? Do you keep at a certain rh? Anecdotal evidence? I have no intentions to answer to it or anything, genuinely interested.
No as it told you i didn’t invest in “vpd”. May humidity is usually 60-70% and temps are 23-26. So i’m already in the ball park.

Latest posts

Top Bottom