Water In Bho Sos Help Lol!

• Thread starter ForrestGUMP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

ForrestGUMP

I just blasted 500 grams and a quart of butane into a Pyrex....when I set it in the water bath I effin spilled maybe 2 or 3 oz of water in it. I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do. I usually purge for 3-4 days at 100 degrees Fahrenheit... thanks guys

F

ForrestGUMP

Yup I was just about to say the boiling point of butane is 30 degrees and waters freezing point is 32. Got pics slab?
Ya here's the half that got water in it. I filled to Pyrex and only got the water in one. The color looks the same but the one that got water in it is kindof gooey lol

Graywolf

Graywolf

I've stuck the pyrex into the freezer until the oil hardens, but the water hasn't frozen yet, so that I could pour off most of it, as well as blot more, but from that point on, I get the best results boiling off the water in in a vacuum oven.

I've also dissolved the extract in ethanol, which absorbs the water and then mixed it with Pentane or Hexane to steal away the cannabinoids, before draining off the alcohol water layer underneath in a separatory funnel, but that is a lot of work and loses more monoterpenes.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I've stuck the pyrex into the freezer until the oil hardens, but the water hasn't frozen yet, so that I could pour off most of it, as well as blot more, but from that point on, I get the best results boiling off the water in in a vacuum oven.

I've also dissolved the extract in ethanol, which absorbs the water and then mixed it with Pentane or Hexane to steal away the cannabinoids, before draining off the alcohol water layer underneath in a separatory funnel, but that is a lot of work and loses more monoterpenes.
Quick question there gray, how do you boil off water in the purge if waters boiling point is 212? Wouldn't that volatilize the terpenes and cannabinoids..?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Thanks guys....Im going on 3 days in the vac chamber and it looks and tastes amazing ....it does seem stickier than usual but I'll smoke it lol
Sadly, you can't add the water and get off scott free. Getting the water out comes a cost and you may be decarboxylating it some as well, so it will never harden up.

What temperature are you running at?

F

ForrestGUMP

Sadly, you can't add the water and get off scott free. Getting the water out comes a cost and you may be decarboxylating it some as well, so it will never harden up.
The chamber?....100 deg F
What temperature are you running at?

Graywolf

Graywolf

Is it molten at that temperature, so that bubbles freely escape? Are you seeing any small fizzy bubbles?

S

Slerlic25

Is it molten at that temperature, so that bubbles freely escape? Are you seeing any small fizzy bubbles?
Hey grey, I've had some issues lately with my bho boiling off violently right away. Usually it takes 10-12 hours to vac all the way down without it getting a huge mushroom. The last few runs I have done of 4 plus lbs with butane it only takes maybe an hour to get down to full vac and once its flat it boils off really aggressively, bubbles forming and popping super quickly. Do you think its possible that the material wasnt dried enough and this is water? It also can take 2 weeks to purge it off all the way instead of the usually 4 or 5 days and by then its half sugared obviously. All my other stuff is mint but these last runs havent been. Would water do that or would is be pesticides or something like that. I really need to figure it out as it's really hurting production. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom