Watering Of Seedlings

• Thread starter costa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

costa

Hi all coco heads/gurus out there . I got a few seedlings going @ 12 days now . Wonder if you could havea look at my situation and give advice if you see something that can be improved . They are in pure Canna Coco Professional Plus , ( will add 30 % perlite when potting up ) '. My RO is @ 40 ppm . I add 25 ppm epsom - 100 ppm cal - 2 ml. Rhiz - 375 ppm Canna A + B , all adds up to about 600 ppm @ 0.5 scale . They are in small cups and showing their third set of true leaves . Normally I have plenty of roots coming out from bottom at this stage , but there are only a few showing a.t.m. And they are only a couple of inches tall . Only difference from my previous runs is that this time I started them in pure coco instead of 60/30 coco - perlite . I feed them carefully once a day with pipette , trying not to wet the coco to much so that the roots can develop . The colour is a bit on the light side . Looks like they can take more of the A+B , but I'm @ 600 ppm already with the Ro , epsom an cal. included . Looking forward to all the good advice from you coco heads ,,, lol

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I water all containers by weight, even cups of coco lol. Take some wet coco and squeeze it until it no longer drips. Fill a cup with it, fill another cup with coco and water it until water runs out the bottom. Compare the two weights and water when your seedlings weigh similar to the moist non watered cup and drench the coco until water runs out the bottom to keep from building up salts. I would go light on the seedling feedings, I use calmag and rhiz

C

costa

I do the same , ( digi scales , lol ) I filled a cup from the bag weighing 65 gr . With run off 110 gr . But I only water back up to 80 gr , no run off . Maybe this is where I 'm going wrong . I water once every 24 hours . How long does it take to dry enough for another feed with run off ?

C

costa

I'm a bit worried about dampening them off with run off every feed . Some people say it's better to keep the coco a bit on the dry side the first couple of weeks , until they have rooted ??

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could even water the outside edges and leave the middle dry to promote root growth

Irishmartin

Irishmartin

I might try that I'm in pure coco humity 60% temperature 22c _23c

Top Bottom