Weed Jerky?

• Thread starter KiLoEleMeNt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
happylittle

happylittle

The idea of using oil on meats that are smoked @ the temps your sugesting should work especialy if you aply it in the later part. The reason i believe it would work is i do all my bho decarbs @ 250 to 280. The hard part would be in getting a consistent dosage piece to piece, but you could definently get close. DO IT! And lmk how it goes cause Im always looking to infuse new things. :)
-J
hope this makes sense it late and Im half awake.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Strange how there are almost no west coast growers who are very active

happylittle

happylittle

Huh... maybe theres more going on over on the west coast. Not much to do here in the Mitten

Apollo13

Apollo13

IMG 1531

happylittle

happylittle

Ill be there in August hope to burn one with you and everyone i can from the farm. Got some secret recepies going on that id love to share.
Also @KiLoEleMeNt how long do you smoke the jerkey for? Just a bit curious cause then ill better know how i would proceed if i were making it.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

@KiLoEleMeNt how long do you smoke the jerkey for? Just a bit curious cause then ill better know how i would proceed if i were making it.

I would do 90% of smoking first as I do a very long cooler smoke 180F -200 for anywhere from 15hrs to a couple day's depending on the cut and thickness

Maybe a bho meat dipping sauce..

I have a buddy who makes sauces but they are no good for cooking they are a CO2 Glycol/Glycerin extract and don't heat well outside of an atomizer

Man not to be insulting and with the best intentions

:finger: I'm poor so I'm not

Apollo 13 said
I'm going to cup, EXCITED

happylittle

happylittle

So in theory it totally should work. The temps are good @ 200 or under youll be ok.
Now how to apply the oil. How are you thinking about doing this part. Please forgive my ignorance on smoking meats my expertise is more in medicating then actual cooking.

Apollo13

Apollo13

The cup is a couple hours drive. So it's not too bad as far as money.

I was thinking when the meat was smoked, cut and dip in bho sauce and eat.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Ah don't think I have ever dipped jerkey in anything but my mouth after smoking rofl but hey I will ask if he has anything that would be good his stuff is like hot sauce salad dressing and BBQ and I think that one is yuk bitter

Man i wanna try so bad but not going to waste a bunch of good meds on a silly thing like this but I am so sure there must be a method

@happylittle the temp is good to know part of what I was looking for here any thoughts on how to apply the oil directly seems like it would be a real mess to apply and eat need some way to thin it out that the meat will soak in as it dries?

After saying it I wonder if the Hot sauce is in fact Glycol/Glycerin I'm going to call the shop tomorrow and ask n let yall know

P

philbilly

Nice bro to funny may actually try the cheese thing. As for vodka I do everclear and bho tincture. this way if I want to get it back I can make absolute winterized and can only handle a lil booz, thought about maybe soaking the meat in that but with the cost of both rather not waste it. But thanks @Apollo13 U Gave Me An Idea I think I will try and put some of that Tincture in a cider later Like A Mixer Never Have Tried That Before.
Alright bro I will bite how the hell do you get a infused heine I'm medical in oregon if that helps

"KiLoEleMeNt, post: 1484508, member: 61827"]So I am a fairly consistent smoker of herbs and Meats and want to know if anyone has tried making some kind of like bho jerky or anything I would like to try but the temps oh the temps concerns me so much

Average smoke temps are around 180-210 for many hours but I plant to only apply the oil in the latter part of the smoke is this wise?[/QUOTE]
Try rso

Latest posts

Top Bottom