Week 4 Flowering, Fan Leaves Drooping

• Thread starter meyer lansky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

I myself use plain ph'd water. That doesn't mean my way is best. I suppose it's all personal preference.
thanks for all your help buddy, appreciate everything youve answered for me, i will post some pictures as soon as i get back to the h0use

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

thanks for all your help buddy, appreciate everything youve answered for me, i will post some pictures as soon as i get back to the h0use

Man no problem, I know what it's like to have questions and you need/want quick answers... if I can share my experiences and honest opinions with those that can benefit from them .....fantastic!!...hey that's what life's really about right? Look forward to seeing how things go for you..

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

hey SimplyCmplex, so i just got back and heres the thing, about 60%-&70% of the plants leaves are turning yellow, its in the middle of week 5, but the buds are looking good and got a whole lot bigger since i left last week, do you think the plants are dying slowly? is there a way to fix this issue, should i maybe start giving them the final stage nutes like i planned to do during week 7 by givving them the dry koolbloom for a week and then start the flushing but that would be around week 6 1/2 - 7? what would you recommened i do right now? do you still think i should flush them right now with ph water for 3-4 days until it hits week 6 then just start using the final stage nutes? if so which nutes would you recommend besides the dry koolbloom and the base nutes? anything else? because its looking like the plant is slowly dying bc 60-70% of the leaves are already yellowish, what would you do in this situation? do i have a chance of getting up to the harvest part with this crop? please please please help???

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Without pics really I'm kinda guessing. It's not uncommon for leaves to turn yellow and die throughout flower. Check the ec of your water or ppm...that will tell you what you should be doing. If your ec is too high you'll need a flush so they can absorb the needed nutrients, doesn't make sense to feed them if they're locked out and can utilize the food. If everything checks out..go ahead with your improvised feeding..heading into flush.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

how much dry koolbloom would you give per gallon? i have 70g rez, what is the best amount of dry koolbloom to give after the flush? since its dry koolbloom it doesnt go by ml right? it goes by teaspoons, how much would you start off by after the 3-4 flush?

and also would you add any additives to the flush for those 3-4 of flushing? maybe some h202? or liquid seaweed i heard is also good? any advice on that?

once again simplycmplex i so so appreciate all the help you dont even know, as you know i put so much into this grow that i am atleast trying to regain some of money back, so please money for additives or anything else i dont have a problem with, i just want to get this crop done with more than a half decent grow.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

also besides dry koolbloom and base nutes, calmag silica and sweet raw, starting off slow after the flush, i know that dry koolbloom is very strong i dont want to burn the plants, how many would u suggest into a 70 gallon rez?

i was thinking
SBA - 400ml
SBB- 400ml
calmag - (after doing research 2ml per gallon) which is 210ml)
silica - (5ml per gallon, since its after a flushi was thinking 2ml/gallon so 140ml of silica)
sweet raw (10ml/gallon, since after a flush i'd use a 1/4 of that which 2.5ml/gallon which is 175ml)

and dry koolbloom, how much would you use of that after a flush?

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Koolbloom is .25 a tsp=teaspoon to a gal...which is 17.5 tsp...or 5.8 tbsp...tbsp=tablespoon

me...in your shoes I'd keep it around 4 tbsp tops...again without knowing your EC kinda pointless. Seaweed always helps...but should be used throughout the LIFE of the plant.

Add your base nutes to rez...measure EC....
Add Raw, calmag, silica...measure EC

Add koolbloom by single tbsp...measure EC after each tbsp...when finished --->

ADJUST PH NOW!!!

You act as if you're on the brink of failure, if the buds are hard and are gaining size, have aroma youll probably be in good shape....but in the future get a strong grip on your EC.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

Koolbloom is .25 a tsp=teaspoon to a gal...which is 17.5 tsp...or 5.8 tbsp...tbsp=tablespoon

me...in your shoes I'd keep it around 4 tbsp tops...again without knowing your EC kinda pointless. Seaweed always helps...but should be used throughout the LIFE of the plant.

Add your base nutes to rez...measure EC....
Add Raw, calmag, silica...measure EC

Add koolbloom by single tbsp...measure EC after each tbsp...when finished --->

ADJUST PH NOW!!!

You act as if you're on the brink of failure, if the buds are hard and are gaining size, have aroma youll probably be in good shape....but in the future get a strong grip on your EC.

What should my final ec/ppm be after the flush and after i put in all those nutes in order

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

What should my final ec/ppm be after the flush and after i put in all those nutes in order

This question is pretty subjective. A lot depends on if you're using tap/well or r.o. water. Every plant/strain is different. A typical flush is 5 days or more of plain ph'd water. I'd ease in after your nute flush...going maybe slightly above half the regular dosage of bloombooster...but full dose of base nutes, and whatever is called for on silica, calmag, and raw.

meyer lansky

meyer lansky

hey simplycmplex, so i finally waited for the lights to turn off so i can take some thorough pictures for you so you can see exactly whats going on in my grow, so as you know there are 5 4x8 tables with 2 1000w HPS hooded cool lighting which makes a total of 10 HPS 1000w lights that are cool tubed thru duct and 2 inline fans that are coming in from outside basement and at the end of all the tables i have it going into a Y into another fan that is sucking the air out of the tubes, i installed this last week because prior to this there was no glass, no ducting bringing and pushing air of the room out, but i do have a 3 ton ac unit just for the downstairs basement along with a co2 8 burner thats connected to a controller and im keeping it at around 1200-1500 ppms.

So i took pictures from all angles on the 5 tables i have setup 2 out of the 5 tables are not looking to good 2 of the tables has huge buds already but the fan leaves are already falling off and its on 3 days past week 5

here are the pictures let me know what i can do to outcome with a decent crop please help??
IMG 5272
IMG 5272
IMG 5273
IMG 5294
IMG 5293
IMG 5292
IMG 5290
IMG 5292
IMG 5290
IMG 5290
IMG 5285

IMG 5272
IMG 5275
IMG 5277
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

so with seeing the pictures and seeing exactly what i am dealing with what do you think i should do? you still think i should flush it for a few days and then just use the base nutes with silica, calmag, raw and dry koolbloom? or you would do something different now that you seen the pictures, please please please help i put in so work and money im trying to get the best help i can get.\\

Thanks simplycmplex

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

How far above your gals is the lights? From a few pictures it looks more like light burn than a N deficiency. Hard to see towards the bottom of the plants. If the yellowing is more towards the tops, and if you tug at the yellow leaves they stay attached. .probably light burn. If the yellowing extends downward and if tugged the yellow leaves fall off probably N deficiency. Could even be mag deficient. IMO

Last edited:
SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

While some plants look to have possible N toxicity. Could be nute lockout in others...

Sorry man...I know I'm not much help diagnosing leaves...especially not seeing where the discoloration started on the leaves...double check your ph, light height, and ec.

Last edited:
meyer lansky

meyer lansky

well it was pretty close to the light until last week i put glass on the lights and cool tubed them, but with a few days into week 5, would you still flush the rezs like we spoke about for a few days and then just slowly use nutes and ramp it up every week, the following nutes are the base nutes sba and sbb then calmag, silica and raw and also since i want to try and get them towards harvesting quicker already before the plant drys i will using about 1/4 of dry koolbloom

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Meyer good buddy. I tell you what you do.. give me the keys to the grow room and go home and relax.. I got this. . I MAKE SURE YOU GOT MONEY AND BUDS!

I dying a slow death over here.....................

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Your getting great help here. And your plants look pretty good, regardless.

But I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Ok... I see two things going wrong.

First is a Nitrogen toxicity.

Secondly they are suffering from a phosphorus deficiency, big time.

Now I read through most of the tread, but not all. I do know that your using way too many additives. It makes it very hard to determine if it's just an under or over feeding issue, or if there is a toxicity or overabundance of a certain nutrient that is causing lockout or aggressive nitrogen intake.

Like has been suggested, you should look into simplifying your feeding regimen (on your next run) into one quality ,basic feed , with a few additives.
A lot of nutrients bottles do not list the full schedule of ingredients,and you could very well be overloading them on PGRs, or growth stimulators.

Hope this helps.
Best of luck.
Peace

Top Bottom