Week 4 Flowering, Fan Leaves Drooping

• Thread starter meyer lansky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryguy45

Ryguy45

hey, so its just hit week 4 of flowering, i can start seeing buds coming up and white hairs on the buds growing each day, the question i have, my fan leaves are green but they are drooping down and the new growth that is coming out is also slightly clawing, but they are not yellowing and are a nice green color, i have been trying to figure out what is causing this problem, from the very start when transferring the plants from veg to flower since i dont have too much experience in growing, i ended up vegging the plants for too long and when i transitioned it to the flower room the veg plants were very tall, taller than usual, so the grow is a hydroponic grow and i hung up 2 set of trallis nets and before i transitioned into 12/12 i ducked most of the tall plants underneath the 1st set of trallis nets then as the weeks progressed i ducked them under the 2nd set of trallis nets, i used "the beast" which is a growth regulator right on the 1st week so they wont grow any more, which they did obv but not for too long, maybe a few inches before they stopped and started to bloom and bud, now i am on week 4 of flowering the strains are all the same "sour diesel" and ive started the nutes at 1/4 strength to the following week at 1/2 strength and so forth. The nutes i am using are base nutes SBA SBB, diamond nector, cal mag, silicia and i as i went towards weeks 3 and 4 i started to add carbo load, sweet raw, terpinator and koolblum, so now the buds are getting bigger each week but the fan leaves are still drooping down, not all the way but almost all the way.

So my with all the research and speaking to some people at various hydroponic stores, i got 2 different reasons as to why this can be happening,the 1st reason was roots werent getting enough oxygen, which when i checked underneath the cocomats the roots were passed the cocomats and very long and clean and white like long spaghetti, the other reason i got from most of the people and doing research is heat stress, since i was growing them under 1000w HPS lights and as they got slighly taller right after using "the beast" to stop there growth thats the issue that i thought that was causing fan leaves to droop as they felt dry on top and on the bottom they were fine, so anyway a few days ago i decided to make the 5 4x8 tables under 10 1000w HPS lights hang up glass on them and duct them all together with a exhaust fan pushing air from basement outside window (actually 2 sets of fans pushing each row of the outside air in colorado all the way thru and then ran a Y DUCT into another room with a window and another fan sucking up all the air coming thru which hopefully will turn those lights into cool HPS lights with glass and duct connected to each light.

So my 1 st question is can i make a good crop with the fan leaves always being slightly facing down but the buds are looking quite good, would i be able to harvest a good crop with these kind of problems? i mean the plants are not dying or look like there dying andi dont want to jinx anything, just wanted to know if i could harvest a good crop with fan leaves drooping down.

And 2nd if someone can give me some good recommendations on what i can do for the last 4 weeks of the grow if the cool tubeHPS isnt going to work, is there any additives i can add into the res'z or maybe spray something via foliage (which i have been spraying "magic green" once a week when the lights turn off

Please advise and any recommendations or opinions would be helpful?

Thanks
Meyer

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

hey, so its just hit week 4 of flowering, i can start seeing buds coming up and white hairs on the buds growing each day, the question i have, my fan leaves are green but they are drooping down and the new growth that is coming out is also slightly clawing, but they are not yellowing and are a nice green color, i have been trying to figure out what is causing this problem, from the very start when transferring the plants from veg to flower since i dont have too much experience in growing, i ended up vegging the plants for too long and when i transitioned it to the flower room the veg plants were very tall, taller than usual, so the grow is a hydroponic grow and i hung up 2 set of trallis nets and before i transitioned into 12/12 i ducked most of the tall plants underneath the 1st set of trallis nets then as the weeks progressed i ducked them under the 2nd set of trallis nets, i used "the beast" which is a growth regulator right on the 1st week so they wont grow any more, which they did obv but not for too long, maybe a few inches before they stopped and started to bloom and bud, now i am on week 4 of flowering the strains are all the same "sour diesel" and ive started the nutes at 1/4 strength to the following week at 1/2 strength and so forth. The nutes i am using are base nutes SBA SBB, diamond nector, cal mag, silicia and i as i went towards weeks 3 and 4 i started to add carbo load, sweet raw, terpinator and koolblum, so now the buds are getting bigger each week but the fan leaves are still drooping down, not all the way but almost all the way.

So my with all the research and speaking to some people at various hydroponic stores, i got 2 different reasons as to why this can be happening,the 1st reason was roots werent getting enough oxygen, which when i checked underneath the cocomats the roots were passed the cocomats and very long and clean and white like long spaghetti, the other reason i got from most of the people and doing research is heat stress, since i was growing them under 1000w HPS lights and as they got slighly taller right after using "the beast" to stop there growth thats the issue that i thought that was causing fan leaves to droop as they felt dry on top and on the bottom they were fine, so anyway a few days ago i decided to make the 5 4x8 tables under 10 1000w HPS lights hang up glass on them and duct them all together with a exhaust fan pushing air from basement outside window (actually 2 sets of fans pushing each row of the outside air in colorado all the way thru and then ran a Y DUCT into another room with a window and another fan sucking up all the air coming thru which hopefully will turn those lights into cool HPS lights with glass and duct connected to each light.

So my 1 st question is can i make a good crop with the fan leaves always being slightly facing down but the buds are looking quite good, would i be able to harvest a good crop with these kind of problems? i mean the plants are not dying or look like there dying andi dont want to jinx anything, just wanted to know if i could harvest a good crop with fan leaves drooping down.

And 2nd if someone can give me some good recommendations on what i can do for the last 4 weeks of the grow if the cool tubeHPS isnt going to work, is there any additives i can add into the res'z or maybe spray something via foliage (which i have been spraying "magic green" once a week when the lights turn off

Please advise and any recommendations or opinions would be helpful?

Thanks
Meyer
So I hear no mention of CO2..with a thousand watt bulb are you using CO2 because that would be your problem.

Top Bottom