Week 6 And Still So Small...

• Thread starter Garlitz7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Is it normal for the plant to come out like that? Will I have three mains instead of just two? All the other times I’ve topped two mains just pop right out but this time it has 3
Get a side shot of the stem development.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Is it normal for the plant to come out like that? Will I have three mains instead of just two? All the other times I’ve topped two mains just pop right out but this time it has 3
Normal is relative..with these plants hardly anything is normal..Just let em grow is what I say. You may just have a freak..freaks can be good too..LOL

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Blueberries are well known freaks and their decendants too. I have one growing now and it is really strange.
Side branches started alternating on the first node, then went back to growing symmetrical on the second node, then on the 3rd node siamese (2 shoots from the same place) and no shoot on the other side, on the 4th node 3 tops.
Plus i don’t want to discourage you or anything but you will probably never get an lb with those lights. Underline never. Not unless you are the ganja god or something.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Blueberries are well known freaks and their decendants too. I have one growing now and it is really strange.
Side branches started alternating on the first node, then went back to growing symmetrical on the second node, then on the 3rd node siamese (2 shoots from the same place) and no shoot on the other side, on the 4th node 3 tops.
Plus i don’t want to discourage you or anything but you will probably never get an lb with those lights. Underline never. Not unless you are the ganja god or something.
I have the same happen to me at random! I had one that popped 3 side shoots and self fimmed. Was a good producer

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Blueberry is a super high feeder as well! She will eat daily if you let her
Not the plant I grew from seed (BC Early BB). She threw up every time I fed (just stopped growing for a while), and was a royal PIA to even finish Started throwing naners in week 7).

However, BB is one of My favorites, and I am trying again..Currently Have 2 going ..one in flower and another in veg. (different genetics). I hope this time we fare better.! So far the plants look better than the 1st try.
No trouble with any BB crosses so far.. Blue cheese, and Blue Dream..no problems.

Madmax

Madmax

Looks to me it hasnt been tipped(topped ) to me and you didnt take enough or missed it ??
Excuse my lask of knowledge but what the heck is fimming lol..not new to growing i just have never been on forums to learn..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Looks to me it hasnt been tipped(topped ) to me and you didnt take enough or missed it ??
Excuse my lask of knowledge but what the heck is fimming lol..not new to growing i just have never been on forums to learn..
Took me a while to find out too..
FIM= Fuck-I-Missed..seriously..LMAO

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

LOL...So if you have been fimming your plants your fucking missing it everywhere Bwahahahahaha..thats a goodn :cry::cry::cry:
Yes, but fimming is less stressful on the plants and CAN produce even more tops/branches. it is now a known practice for advanced growers. I used to use my fingernails when topping, but my eyes are so bad now, I went back to using shears. (No, I do not fim and top seedlings at node 4 or 5, depending on how tall they are.)

Supercropping is really the ticket ..veg and or flower (up to week 3 for me in flower)

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Fem Blueberry sprout from seed. Growing perfect symmetry so far. First seed grow in a long time. Setting her up to be mother for a few runs. Forgot how differently the node development is compared to the clones' asymmetrical habits. @CrimsonEcho totally agree on the super cropping for training. Done right, barely any slow down in growth.

IMG 20181107 002141220
IMG 20181107 002148889
IMG 20181107 002135461
IMG 20181105 224445528
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Yes, but fimming is less stressful on the plants and CAN produce even more tops/branches. it is now a known practice for advanced growers. I used to use my fingernails when topping, but my eyes are so bad now, I went back to using shears. (No, I do not fim and top seedlings at node 4 or 5, depending on how tall they are.)

Supercropping is really the ticket ..veg and or flower (up to week 3 for me in flower)
Super cropping can be intimidating at first but these plants can take a bit of abuse. Don't break the skin. Gently smash the insides of them stem and bend the branch.

IMG 20181102 231101828
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@OldSmokie76
R U talking about the NON alternating nodes on the one grown from seed, vs the alternating nodes on the clone? If so, how old is the one from seed? They usually don't show alternating nodes until week 6 or later in veg.

I have a BB in very early flower now that seems ok for a BB, but time will tell..yeah..the color is strange!!
Bulk breeder from overseas.. feminized seed
11 10 18

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

@OldSmokie76
R U talking about the NON alternating nodes on the one grown from seed, vs the alternating nodes on the clone? If so, how old is the one from seed? They usually don't show alternating nodes until week 6 or later in veg.

I have a BB in very early flower now that seems ok for a BB, but time will tell..yeah..the color is strange!!
Bulk breeder from overseas.. feminized seed
View attachment 840347
I was just noting the plant I have from seed is completely symmetrical. I believe that is a general trait of seed plants vs clones. As it develops, we'll see. Haha.

Garlitz7

Garlitz7

Wanted to update you guys on my babies, It’s week 12 for the Blackberry and it’s looking awkwardly good. I’m still a newbie at this so bear with me haha. I’m bending down all my plants with some soft twine and I’ve gotten some way better cfls for my veg tent. About a week ago my 2x2 was gettin really damn humid (about 80%) and I’m pretty sure I had a bad cal/mag defiecency in all my soil. So I plugged my booster fan in and lowered to to about 40 and gave em some cal mag and they look a lot better. The white widows are at week 9 and are still looking a little smaller so I’m gonna veg them for awhile I guess. I topped the blackberry OG twice and I’ve got about 9 shoots growing out, which I think is a really good sign, just hope it turns out female lol!

0C520C0B DC18 4B0F 87F7 ADDEB6D8633F
B8E28237 7FFC 4AC3 9166 C80088468FD8
F74113A8 0CC7 4B14 BD57 727891981BA8
D0BEF295 036F 42E1 A449 75DADFFD78E2
3CE73445 D899 4890 AB50 A69A70A4E800
AC54649B AD63 4841 B40E 3368E69C1C9A
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Looks good. Now that you have a good spread of branches lower the lights as best you can to keep the vertical growth squat and node spacing close. Those CFLs will do the job, but with limited canopy penetration. The closer you can keep them, the better. Looks good though and plants seem happy.

Top Bottom