Week5-6 Under Developed, Small Buds

• Thread starter planesane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
planesane

planesane

Hello,
I am in week 6 now and they feel smaller then normal. Vpd was off and I'm sure that contributed to some of my issues. They are now starting to turn pale on my top leaves first. Some are pale some are purple. I defoliated one time @ day21. If I leave any information out please ask.

Sealed room.
Co2 was @ 1400 now @ 1000
Lights. 10 Single end 1k new superhps bulbs
Air conditioning feom 3 minisplits.
Temps 82-85@ canopy
Humidity is 40-45% @ canopy
Medium is 6 inch grodan rockwool
Water=dechlorinated(need new filters)
Watering type is hand watered once per day
Watering system was recirculating,now dtw
Reservoir 115gal with ecoplus 1056 mix and draws air in througj a tube and injected into the pump for oxygenation.
Nutes are combination of bottle crap.

planesane

planesane

My latest reservoir
advanced nutrients conissuer a&b @15ml/gal
Bloombastic @2ml/gal

Prior to that I had calmag,vitmax plus,protect silicate, f1, carvoload,dark energy, supernova, big bud, Supernutrientsa&b, agrozyme

Westie

Westie

IF it's VPD related, I know you are working on solving that with the HOH foggers.
I'm doing my first Co2 run (micro 4x4) and use one of their 5-disc with success. Around 84f/75%/1200
Beautiful garden, hopefully the other farmers can be more help.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Have you defoliated this strain on day 21 before without issues?

planesane

planesane

Have you defoliated this strain on day 21 before without issues?
Yes always @ 21. But I have never been over 2per light in a long time. Getting the VPD right for this room was just shutting off dehumidifiers to raise humidity but still these are not developed donkeys as they should be.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yes always @ 21. But I have never been over 2per light in a long time. Getting the VPD right for this room was just shutting off dehumidifiers to raise humidity but still these are not developed donkeys as they should be.
Hmm, well if you haven’t had an issue before, maybe try to think of anything that might have stunted them within the last 2 weeks or so. To cold or something else environment related. Mine got stunted for a week this run due to a lighting issue. Light was only on for 1 hour, instead of 12 for one day....oops.

planesane

planesane

I think they have been in the improper vod range for the last 5 weeks so I think that's what stunted them combined with overfertilzing because I wasn't up taking cal,mag because of the VPD, consequently I believe phosphorus can be absoarbes without the Cal, and mag. Now I'm not positive but this is just what I think.

straincreation

straincreation

Im having the same issue rn with my super nutrient recipe, ill have to pull up a cagir for this one, similar ive hit 2+ per light 3 outta five times, and have had some issues with this recipe twice, im starting to wonder if it is the sba sbb thats fucking shit up. As you know its nearly impossible to find exactly whats in that shit. So whos knows the inconsistency in it. Well best of luck hope you figure this out cause im on the hunt, have made some adjustments to the ppm of my mix for this next run lets see how it plays out. Gl
Happy farmin

straincreation

straincreation

Wait to add i do not run my temps that high. Shit would cook under my gavitas i like to run them pretty close to the bulbs to really gelp the secondary canopy. My problem doesnt quite look the same but lacking in actual mass yes all my ogees are, my gg4 pulls 2 per light pretty much no matter how fucked my ogees become, its like i can piss in them and theyll grow. Also i am curious as to if your phing daily and what you are keeping you average at, i have no yellowing just leaf curl and odd strectchy colahs on my ogees. And my ph range is 5.6-6.2 the tellowing just seems to be that there is something getting locked out usually cause of ph.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I think they have been in the improper vod range for the last 5 weeks so I think that's what stunted them combined with overfertilzing because I wasn't up taking cal,mag because of the VPD, consequently I believe phosphorus can be absoarbes without the Cal, and mag. Now I'm not positive but this is just what I think.
Sounds logical and plausible to me.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Wait to add i do not run my temps that high. Shit would cook under my gavitas i like to run them pretty close to the bulbs to really gelp the secondary canopy. My problem doesnt quite look the same but lacking in actual mass yes all my ogees are, my gg4 pulls 2 per light pretty much no matter how fucked my ogees become, its like i can piss in them and theyll grow. Also i am curious as to if your phing daily and what you are keeping you average at, i have no yellowing just leaf curl and odd strectchy colahs on my ogees. And my ph range is 5.6-6.2 the tellowing just seems to be that there is something getting locked out usually cause of ph.
I check ph daily. My res has been doing weird shit lately. 28 gal res, ph was at 5.8 when done adding nutes. I left it there. Kinda hung out around there for a few days and started to drop. Checked a few days ago, 5.4, corrected up. Next day, 5.1, corrected up. Next day 4.8, next day 4.5. I corrected up to 5.8-6.0 each day, then the next day it’s even lower. Granted I’m losing water volume each day as the plants get fed (DTW), but swinging that much can’t be good for the plants. I’ve had a few leaves where one half of a finger is bleached out and kinked to one side. I’m still working out the bugs. But that’s the fun part.

straincreation

straincreation

I check ph daily. My res has been doing weird shit lately. 28 gal res, ph was at 5.8 when done adding nutes. I left it there. Kinda hung out around there for a few days and started to drop. Checked a few days ago, 5.4, corrected up. Next day, 5.1, corrected up. Next day 4.8, next day 4.5. I corrected up to 5.8-6.0 each day, then the next day it’s even lower. Granted I’m losing water volume each day as the plants get fed (DTW), but swinging that much can’t be good for the plants. I’ve had a few leaves where one half of a finger is bleached out and kinked to one side. I’m still working out the bugs. But that’s the fun part.
Exact same shit mahor ph swings with this base its nuts. Head scratching is all i can do and lower my ppms on the whoke recipe so im goin to do that and see what happens,im thinking to much p/k is causing the ph to dip so low ive never had low ph probkems in the past, its usually a rise but the last run it seemed to go down 5 outta 9 weeks tge while week, and to my understanding lockout begins at 5.4 and lower and in soil theres a buffer but the effects seem to be irreversavle no matter how much you flush and re ph. Its head against the wall frustrating

straincreation

straincreation

Cal and mag is a must in phosphorus uptake, mag more than calcium, it is literally the building blocks of cell walls
In plants, magnese is the catalyst for the p/k to be delivered to the plant.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Exact same shit mahor ph swings with this base its nuts. Head scratching is all i can do and lower my ppms on the whoke recipe so im goin to do that and see what happens,im thinking to much p/k is causing the ph to dip so low ive never had low ph probkems in the past, its usually a rise but the last run it seemed to go down 5 outta 9 weeks tge while week, and to my understanding lockout begins at 5.4 and lower and in soil theres a buffer but the effects seem to be irreversavle no matter how much you flush and re ph. Its head against the wall frustrating
Yeah it is. What bottled nutes are you using?

straincreation

straincreation

Sba sbb red top super nutrients.
As my base
Vitamax, liquidkarma, different weeks
Calmag, all weeks
Pk 13 14 week 4 only
Bigbud week 2 threw 6
Overdrive wk7 8 9
Budcandy all wks
Budblood week 1 only
Sonic bloom weeks 2 4 and 6 only
Cannazym wk 2 plus
Boost wk 3-8
Myco tea once a week

I would post a video of my room in full flower but here is the kinda results this recipe can give
20171025 164336

These are the things that this recipe can do when its not perfectly on point
20171017 163850
these plants are both on day 65 of flower

Enforcer

Enforcer

As my base
Calmag, all weeks
Pk 13 14 week 4 only
Bigbud week 2 threw 6
Overdrive wk7 8 9
Budcandy all wks
Budblood week 1 only
Cannazym wk 2 plus
Boost wk 3-8
Myco tea once a week

I would post a video of my room in full flower but here is the kinda results this recipe can giveView attachment 792115
View attachment 792118 these plants are both on day 65 of flower
WOW, not sure what to say man. That first bud is huge (nice work), those second buds are sad (I see your concern), and that nute list is lengthy. I’m not familiar with super nutrients, but I’ve used the AN stuff before.

planesane

planesane

Yea I have yeilded really well off my recipe, not huge but better buds then rhis. I hope we can figure it out together.

As my base
Calmag, all weeks
Pk 13 14 week 4 only
Bigbud week 2 threw 6
Overdrive wk7 8 9
Budcandy all wks
Budblood week 1 only
Cannazym wk 2 plus
Boost wk 3-8
Myco tea once a week

I would post a video of my room in full flower but here is the kinda results this recipe can giveView attachment 792115
View attachment 792118 these plants are both on day 65 of flower[/QUOTE
Well that is similar to my recipe.
I'm about week 6, what can I do for my mix to try to improve this run?

Last edited:
straincreation

straincreation

Oh i thought you stated above that you were running super nutrients.

Prior to that I had calmag,vitmax plus,protect silicate, f1, carvoload,dark energy, supernova, big bud, Supernutrientsa&b, agrozyme

My latest reservoir
advanced nutrients conissuer a&b @15ml/gal
Bloombastic @2ml/gal

straincreation

straincreation

Oh shit that wasnt you i thought you were the one with the issues my bad lol

Top Bottom